Chelsea Thread

The thing with Mourinho is that truth is a relative thing for him. Yes, it's true that managing Bayern was a safer plan than managing Chelsea. And I agree with all of you BTW. It wasn't the time to say it. It was classless as ever from Mourinho. Although, very true.

But then again, he is the same bloke who pointed fingers at Man City last season for spending too much money! Try and wrap your head around that :LOL:

I didn't see the full interview, so perhaps it was unprompted, in which case it lacked class. But if the interviewer had asked him about his specific reason to rejoin the PL or comparisons between the PL and other leagues then I think his response is legitimate.

I do think he does go through phases of being unnecessarily confrontational, and the eye thing was a disgrace, but it's worth remembering most other high profile managers have a dark side too. The Professor himself blasted a journalist after the Bayern v Man Utd game, and has lost it with the doctor in Munich this season. Klopp went into a rage against Napoli on the touchline last year, Fergie had numerous outbursts, like his casual racism against Germans and Italians, him kicking the boot at Beckham etc.

We are linked with Sterling and Griezmann. If we still need another winger/play maker, I would choose Griezmann over Sterling all day long. If we get Varane and Griezmann and another striker, we are set especially with the loaned players coming in as well as the young players.

Crappy performance. :TUMBLE:

Why didn't we just forfeit instead of playing rubbish football?

Why buy Cuardado and sell Schurrle????!!!

Last edited:
10419013_836617393073531_1391990528689786643_n.jpg

11377120_10153455495922259_5799513260094170733_n.jpg

petr-cech_2528415b.jpg

Goodbye legends. Hope you have a nice future!

Model Pro and a top lad
CFyJ9PyXIAAhH5K.jpg:large

609 PL apps
177 PL goals
881 apps in all comps.
258 goals in all comps.

Sure he'll love life in New York

PuhMYcQ.jpg

Last edited:
Lots of rumours the Falcao thing is happening. I wish him all the best, model professional and all the players at United loved him. As did the fans, who chanted every match he was at, much less played.

Too bad about that being rubbish at football part though. Maybe he just needed the full year to get back and he'll be great this year, but I was absolutely desperate for him to be good for us. He wasn't. He was really, really, really bad. Like Bebe bad.

I love this picture. Every time needs a financial takeover to get on the top. Some teams does it earlier than others.

11393242_1155901624436144_1210038650745562144_n.jpg

omg so arsenal fans should alter their flag which says "the class is permanent" to"classcism is permanent" as they were nouveau riche before and both clubs' fans pretended like they never receive big money to help their teams........... in stead accusing chelsea , that is their logic!

I've no idea of the magnitude or relative spend back then, but it shouldn't have been allowed then, shouldn't be allowed now.

Calling it a 'league' (and this very much holds to all big European leagues) is a joke. It's not a league. It's 2-4 teams with wealth and 16 teams of cannon fodder.

There should be salary caps and income from TV etc should be spread around the league, and division below if promotion continues. There's plenty to go around.

Not wanting to turn this political, but the reason Abramovich is invested in Chelsea is not about football. If you're able to separate where that money came from, at what human cost and why he's there from your enjoyment of CFC then good for you.

If you're supporting the fact that the corrupt FIFA organisation has been taken down but at the same time supporting Abramovich...that would be hard thing to reconcile for me. Bit like Xavi posting how pleased his is at FIFA's investigations before signing in Qatar.

"Chelsea was already a good club (...) winning a trophy every other year..."

Before Abramovich took over, the last (and only) time Chelsea won the English 1st division was the year Bill Halley and His Comets reached number 1 in the parades with their hit single and instant classic "Rock Around The Clock". Elvis, Chuck Berry, and Little Richard also had hit singles. James Dean got killed in a car accident and the very first Guinness Book of Records was issued. The year was 1955.

You can pretend you could be winning the league now even without your Russian Sugar Daddy's big pockets if it makes you sleep at night.

To trace history back all the way to Woolwich Arsenal is hilarious IMO :LOL:
The age when football was semi-amateur and teams were comprised of factory workers. Footballers probably made £5 a month.

HINT: you're comparing apples and oranges sonny!

good post rent lol . History is to help improve ,not put down. MCity/Chelsea wants to be respected ,but why? Arsenal were the 1st to have a lit stadium and names behind the kits. All clubs benefit from such ,that the History we should be proud of not Winning every trophy in the last 3 years due to the finance muscle.

"Chelsea was already a good club (...) winning a trophy every other year..."

Before Abramovich took over, the last (and only) time Chelsea won the English 1st division was the year Bill Halley and His Comets reached number 1 in the parades with their hit single and instant classic "Rock Around The Clock". Elvis, Chuck Berry, and Little Richard also had hit singles. James Dean got killed in a car accident and the very first Guinness Book of Records was issued. The year was 1955.

You can pretend you could be winning the league now even without your Russian Sugar Daddy's big pockets if it makes you sleep at night.

To trace history back all the way to Woolwich Arsenal is hilarious IMO :LOL:
The age when football was semi-amateur and teams were comprised of factory workers. Footballers probably made £5 a month.

HINT: you're comparing apples and oranges sonny!

This is not a good post.
When Man Utd became champion for the first time under Ferguson, it was also ages ago, when City became champions under Mancini it was ages ago. The first time Liverpool or Spurs will become champions (if ever), it will be ages ago. This never matters, except for Chelsea.

You guys are so incredibly biased...when Abramovich took over, it was pretty clear to me that Chelsea was already among the bigger EPL clubs.

Chelsea had been performing well when Abramovich took over - but were also about to go bankrupt. So obviously hadn't been a "well-run" club. He saved them from that fate.

I've become a bit more zen about the sugar daddies as I've gotten older (I think). Basically money talks in European football - generally speaking the team that has the highest wages+transfers either wins or comes second, every season. There are some exceptions, but it's rare.

So if your team is from a small town, with a small stadium and therefore limited revenue, you're a bit stuffed. Thus is the way of things. Unless something were to change systematically, which it never will because football makes more money than ever, why would the powers change anything?

So if you're Manchester United, or Liverpool, or Barca or Bayern you inherently have more revenue than your competitors, and you can and will spend more. Again, tis the way of things. Have more money from success, spend more money, get more success, virtuous cycle. Opposite is true if you don't have money.

However, my one issue with Chelsea/PSG/City is where the funds come from, and what those people could be doing with a billion dollars elsewhere. Because these aren't great 'businesses' - they're not being run for profit (like most clubs).

Back
Top Bottom