Chelsea Thread

Last edited:
Got a nice little gift for you, amineken

Bu2Z44EIUAAzdU-.jpg:large

And to think that some people thought Fàbregas would be a bench player. He's a great player, just been outshadowed by greater players at Barça.

Looks like Moses is set to stay after all, he was presented today along with the rest of the 1st team squad. A squad which included Adreas Christiansen: an 18 yo Danish defender (he was born in 1996!) arguably our best U21 player last year.

I'm pretty satisfied with the pre-season. we won almost every game, put on some great Chelsea display... although we conceded 1st in most of the games, the lad showed some nice fighting spirit which leaves me hopeful that we will do well under pressure this year.

Another great note was Costa's performances, he looked like he'd been playing with the team for years: He scores, he creates, he assists. We finally have a striker this year!

Drogba's injury doesn't look that serious and he might come back in time for the Burnley game.

Anyway, this is how we'll be lining up this year:

-----------------------Courtois--------------------------
Ivanovic---------Terry---------Cahill----------------Dave
------------Matic---------------------Fàbregas-----------
Willian-----------------Oscar----------------------Hazard
-------------------------Costa----------------------------

Backups:
GK: Cech/ Schwarzer.
CB: Zouma/ Christiansen.
FB: Filipe Luís/ Aké.
CM/DM: Ramires/ Mikel/ van Ginkel.
SMF/WF: Schürrle/ Salah/ Moses.
CF: Drogba/ Torres.

There's 18 non-HG players there, isn't there?

I hope I don't see signs of Drogba growing up. Even if I did, wouldn't be surprised. The chemistry will be weak to begin with. As we have seen on the pre season, the bonding is not quite there yet. The individuality looks really strong doh.

holy shit! fabregas signed for chelsea?!? :CONFUSE: when did that happen?
is it a loan or was he bought by chelsea? and if so, how much was the fee?

Let's see:

HG: Terry, Cahill, Fàbregas, and Moses. Total: 04
U21: Christiansen, Aké, Zouma, Salah and van Ginkel. Total: 05
Non HG: Courtois, Bane, Dave, Matic, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Costa, Cech, Schwarzer, Filipe Luís, Ramires, Mikel, Schürrle, Drogba and Nando. Total: 16

Fàbregas is only going to be a starter because of Rami's suspension ;)

Cripes, 4 home grown in the entire squad, only one of which actually grown at Chelsea, and that one was almost 15 years ago.

Remind me why any young player would join that academy?

I w'd like to see Liverpool-Arsenal- Mutd - Spurs squad by eligibility.Arsenal only has (5) French players I wonder if Diaby is HG?

How the hell did you miss that Ben? :P

i have no idea how i missed it. infact i was kinda wondering the same thing :D
i never really watch football news on tv during summer (mostly coz i don't care about transfer rumours and summer friendly games), but such big players transfer usually make it to the non-football related news aswell.
...i guess i should just turn on my computer more often :P

anyway thanks for catching me up.... and congrats on the big signing!

Back
Top Bottom