Chelsea Thread

You need a good CF.
Diego Costa will be the flop of the season....imo he is not the player that will help Chelsea.

Romeu signed a new 3 year deal after Valencia loan ended...i thought he will be gone for sure.

Excellent, Jose considers a threat again. Good news.

A Chelsea manager talking about wages being too high. Magnificent. Next we'll hear Jose bemoaning about clubs spending 100m in 12 months to buy the title.

Of course you are. In fact you'll be the only one next year, kinda like in the ol' days. A Chelsea/United title race, nothing better.

Odd. I personally think Chelsea may have 'caught up' to City in terms of squad strength, but you 2 are still leagues ahead of anyone else. One of the sugar daddy clubs will definitely win the league this season. If City add Benatia or another CB, they are obscenely well stocked in every position. Chelsea already are really.

I expect Arsenal to be closest after that, then hopefully United.

You've definitely been watching Chelsea for too long if you thought Utd's 1st half was footballing joy. :P
It was ok, a normal pre season friendly against an inferior side really
Only saw the 1st half so maybe you meant the 2nd half tho

Last edited:
look at the size of Zouma..he is a monster!

hZodaWu.jpg

Torres got one of his open goal misses out of the way :P

Its seriously starting to become bizarre (if it wasn't already) how Torres is still at Chelsea, let alone get so much game time.
Almost seems as if they keep hoping he ll come good so they don't have to hear what a joke of a purchase it was.

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 14m

Romelu Lukaku move from Chelsea to Everton set to be confirmed - fee of around €30m. Means Fernando Torres not leaving #CFC this summer #EFC

interesting!

There's no club that would sign Torres unless he significantly cut down his wages. That something that Chelsea has to live with it.

Chelsea are awesome at selling. 25m for Lukaku is excellent business, given the mentality of the player, the club he's going to and so forth.

Who said anything about us wanting to sell him though?

With his production he's definitely a keeper. Especially after selling a young prospect, with twice the goals in the last two seasons and half the wages.

You fool yourself if you think Mourinho wouldn't sell him in a blink of an eye given the chance.

Marketing wise he maybe better, but I'm sure that Mourinho would prefer Lukaku. But if you are making money on him, he's good that you guys keep him around, but still I feel you guys don't have a real chance of offload him. Just saying :P

It's genuinely been excellent business for Chelsea this summer - actually appear to be taking FFP seriously. Which makes no sense to me, because quite clearly it will only work if everyone accords with it, and PSG might as well hold up a sign saying f*ck FFP.

Back
Top Bottom