Chelsea Thread

I saw probably 5/6 games. On the big games he played on the middle, but saw some against weaker opposition and he played on the left.

That explains why he wasn't very productive and had few chances with Mourinho. For a CMF he seems to me to present very low intensity in the games. But for an AMF I see that he has the necessary skills for the position.
Has Fellaini fall from grace on the Belgium NT also? They are play with who in the right side? Mertens?

Lampard is a cool guy. I hope he gets a really good World Cup to round off his international career. At the very least that we get two-three Lampard trademark goals, that would be nice... for England especially :)

Friend posted this on facebook
kystkj53.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to agree, but Terry was the best defender in the premier league this season. Dislike the man, have to respect his ability on the pitch.

Despite being an immobile lump, he led Chelsea to the best defense in the league, and that was with the tragically underrated but hardly-world-beating Gary Cahill.

Terry's positioning is up there with the best in world football, ever. Has to be, cause he's slow as f*ck, but it's still impressive.

You have to consider how Chelsea defends as a team under Mourinho. Chelsea's defensive record is not entirely to Terry. Far from it. They even had a great defensive match when Terry was out and they played that young Czech CB.
He's got leadership and the armband, plus his great sense of positioning. But he's been wearing his "Lionheart" Terry get-out-of-jail-free card lately, more than anything. Like when he's trying to block a shot with his head, or something.

Cahil isn't the best defender on the ball, granted, but more often than not he's been having brilliant performances at the back. Solid as a rock.

There are rumours of Cesc to Chelsea, please Lord no! :PRAY:

Yeah but they all fade sooner or later. Terry's a great captain for Chelsea, but his attributes inside the pitch are plummeting fast.

To illustrate my point, he revels in overtly defensive strategies, but gets severely exposed when other managers (such as Villas Boas) tried to make Chelsea a more offensive team. That's when he got found out, IMO.

Now with Mourinho's (and Di Matteo before him) tactics he's much safer.

Have to disagree based on this season. Terry's been very good. Admittedly it's a defensive shape, but you still have to be in the right place at the right time. He was awful last year though, thought he was done.

If Chelsea manage to turn their midfield from Luiz/Lampard/Mikel into Matic/Cesc/Mikel in under a year having spent almost nothing, that's incredible work from Mourinho et al.

Personally not sure how Cesc will be as a true CM again - at one point he was the best in the league - but hasn't really played there for Barca and isn't any younger. But he's outrageously talented, so hard to know.

He's a smart lad Frank, could very well see that happening. hopefully Terry joins him so the cuntish edge remains :))

Yaya could surpass him if he stays at City, but a very impressive accomplishment nontheless.

Chelsea have to go into the season as favourites now. Costa and Fabregas...great signings I think.

Not entirely sure how Fab fits in, for the last 3 years he's been more of an AMF/SS than a central player. Then again, Roman seems to love a bit of AMF action.

Surely means De Bruyne is off? And maybe another of the 52 or so AMFs Chelsea have signed in the past 4 seasons?

Headin down to the bookies, Chelsea are going to walk it as long as Mourinho doesn't have a meltdown.

Edit: Can you sense the excitement in his tone? "Fabregas: "Arsenal had the first option to sign me, but they rejected it. I opted for Chelsea, which was the most suitable offer to me."

So Barca flogged him to the highest bidder then...harsh.

Costa wasn't confirmed yet was it? Either way if it was or he does sign we could almost give Chelsea the title right now. Though I'm still wondering if Costa would do well in a physical PL that doesn't accomodate theatrics nearly as much as La Liga

De Bruyne was off in the previous transfer window beach and you always say that Chelsea are the big favourites...that is your usual tactics to start slagging them off...you are so predictable when it comes to Chelsea.

Surely, you are more intelligent than this, no ?

Bit gutted we didn't go in for him.

Will be interesting to see how he does in a Mou team. Doesn't look the best fit but 27m (?) is a good deal in today's game either way. Don't see him chasing the opposition around like Oscar but he's far superior offensively than the Brazilian.

Guessing

------------Costa---------

--Hazard--Fabregas--Willian

--------Matic--Ramires

Will score more goals than last season, that's for sure

Last edited:
Lmao, that's such a load of crap. I honestly doubt he'll be thrilled to play for Chelsea. If we had offered him a contract he would've come to us straight away. I think he's only gone to Chelsea because they were the only team who wanted him.

i serioulsy doubt they were the only who wanted him...

he went there because it´s London, big money payed and to replace Lampard..

if Arsenal give him more money and perhaps starting place he would go there probably.. or maybe he wanted to start winning some things once he´s back in London ;)

I don't know if you knew this, but Arsenal had a clause for first option. Fabregas even confirmed this himself. I'm 100% sure that he would've gone to us had Wenger decided to use this clause, but he didn't. I think Chelsea is about the last place he wanted to go to, because he clearly still likes Arsenal and he knew his reputation there would be ruined, but no other club wanted him. If City wanted him he would've gone to them. No other club apart from Chelsea had interest in him, in Arsenal's case completely justified because we don't need him. Wenger made a strong point by not letting Fabregas return after the way he forced a move to Barcelona.

As far as prizes, I prefer winning an FA Cup over nothing like Chelsea (and Liverpool) last season.

Ah yes.. an ex Arsenal player not having sexual feelings for the club.. that's unheard of, right? He left you, it's that simple.

It is very clear Fabregas still has sympathy towards Arsenal, he has shown that on many occassions. Does anyone honestly believe he would pick Chelsea over Arsenal? He didn't with this transfer, Wenger had the chance to sign him but he didn't want to.

According to the press here, Arsenal didn't want him, City didn't want him (/sigh) and LVG decided against signing him. That would have left Chelsea and Liverpool and the latter weren't linked apart from in one article a while ago that I can recall. He literally had nowhere else to go in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom