Chelsea Thread

You can never really tell. If large scale buying and selling was out of the picture we can't know what kind of players who had come through the ranks of the clubs that doesn't use local talent today.

So, did you saw the recent news? Diego Costa before the world cup for 39M € (pounds:?). He is just the player that you need!

torres was hampered by injuries even before roman bought him for 50 millions. sheva had serious ankle injuries in his time with blues as well.

if diego costa fails, it might be because he's not such a special player like the other famous atletico strikers such as torres, falcao, forlan, agüero etc. it was simeone's system made him so effective imo. mourinho's tactics might work for him next year too, who knows.

A system that suits the player is vital for any player, really. I'm sure there are many players out there who could've been a lot more if the managers had used them right.

Costa is extremely overrated but I do feel he'll fit Mourinho's system like a glove.

Expect more ugly, defensive football next season with Costa up-front on his own running around like a wild man!

Diego Costa is not overrated at all dude! He is a truly fighter! There aren't many fighters at Chelsea, so he is so needed there. He gives everything in every single match! I love him.

You love his spitting at players , wiping knot on them and then shakes their hands after the match? Strong player and will be a menace , but I dislike his tactics.

He's going to be HATED in this league, that's for sure!

But let's not judge him yet until he's played a few seasons in this league. It's easier to bully the awful defences of La Liga.

Can he do it at Stoke on a wet & windy Wednesday night?

You love his spitting at players , wiping knot on them and then shakes their hands after the match? Strong player and will be a menace , but I dislike his tactics.
That's the culture of some derbies. For an outsider he looks dirty, but that just the intensity in which the games are played in the Iberia peninsula. Nothing outside normality. The players understand, that's why they shake hands in the end of the match.

As for the transfer itself, I believe that it's a boom or bust. He is tactical versatile. Can play behind other CF (Last season, behind Falcão he had a good season). But I don't think he would score that many goals on the EPL. Most of his goals are by overpowering the defence. Well in the EPL CB's are much stronger. Plus foreign strikers traditionally in the first season struggle a bit. It's hard to play so much without the ball.

Mourinho would ask him to play more of a support role that the focus of the offense. That's what he traditionally asks of his CF's. Is precisely that in which Diego Costa shines the most, IMO.

Still think the price tag is too much... well that's not really a problem for Roman :P

Would still prefer that they would go for Mandzukic. Just think he is a more traditionally CF and a better goal scorer (plus his changes of having significant playing time next season will be very slim), although Diego Costa looks the better overall player.

Well culturally he`s fucked , biting,racial slurs, spiting and knot throwing wont bold too well in the PL :LOL: all jokes a side I get what you mean...when in Rome do what the Romans do.

We lost to Reading last month in the final of the the U21 Premier League Cup (equivalent to the FA Cup)

You played the league playoff final, so you're the U21 Premier League Champions.

But we let you win on pens in the semi final playoff because we're Champions in pretty much every other age group :SMUG:

Yea, it's weird. I guess it's a way to get younger players used to higher pressure games, I dunno? We play Everton on Saturday for the U18 title and yet we have already finished 8 points clear of them...

Likewise you had already finished 5 points ahead of that bunch of losers you beat tonight. It's BS really :SHAKE:

Your U21 team was excellent. Played us off the park to be honest.

I'm sure they'll go on to have great careers, on loan somewhere on the continent ;)

Chelsea's record vs PL's top 8 this season:

10W
3D (Ars, Spurs, ManU)
1L (Everton)

all the points losses happened away from home.

if only they had a decent striker...

oh I thought you thought I was saying they had only lost points playing away from home.

anyways, here you go. their points losses at home.

3D (WHU, WBA, Norwich)
1L (Sunderland)

Norwich and Sunderland were their last two home games. if they'd won this two, they were champions.

Last edited:
And that's how they lost the title :)

That striker you mentioned would've made a huge difference in these "weaker" games. A Suarez-like player who scores in such teams.

absolutely.

they'd comfortably won the title with such player.

and they were without hazard vs sunderland. he only played the second half vs norwich in which he didn't seem fit. come to think of it.

If, but, maybe... all teams can say this.

If Arsenal didn't lose Ramsey to injury and had bough a half decent striker in January, they'd have won the league.
If Liverpool had Suarez for the first 6 games of the season, they'd have won the league.
If Chelsea... If Man United... If Spurs... If Everton... you get the point...

City deserved to win the league as they achieved the most points over 38 games home and away. Quite simple really.

We as football fans over analyse most of the time.

nobody says city didn't deserve it. of course, every team had its unlucky, scary, ref helped, ref screwed moments throughout the season. and then, there's people's usual negativity towards chelsea and mourinho. so I just wanted to look at chelsea's season from another perspective. no harm in this, ain't it?

and I guess I'm the first member in this forum congratulated city's title, saying they had thoroughly deserved it.

Last edited:
If, but, maybe... all teams can say this.

If Arsenal didn't lose Ramsey to injury and had bough a half decent striker in January, they'd have won the league.
If Liverpool had Suarez for the first 6 games of the season, they'd have won the league.
If Chelsea... If Man United... If Spurs... If Everton... you get the point...

City deserved to win the league as they achieved the most points over 38 games home and away. Quite simple really.

We as football fans over analyse most of the time.

Can't disagree with this.

Back
Top Bottom