Chelsea Thread

anyone heard about the story between mourinho, loanee striker bamford and a one direction member. it's just awkward :LOL:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wait, BWWWHAHAHAHHAHA

I mean, his hair is nice, so that's a plus. But he's a defensive player that can't defend. He's behind Gary Cahill in the pecking order.

Chelsea are doing some amazing deals, have to say. 37m for Mata was overpriced, but 40m for David 'controlled by a kid with a Playstation controller' Luiz? That's truly David Lulz.

this cant be real, it be fucking hilarious if this transfer happens, but also it's disgusting that PSG are still buying players..

Luiz is a player who has all the tools to be good, but is far too interested in building sandcastles than being productive. 40m is crazy for a transfer only useful for FUT players..

He's a defender, whose not very good at defending. talented but its an incredible fee for someone who can't start ahead of an aging John Terry and Gary Cahill.

That amount of money for a player who is rarely a first team player under Mourinho (CB: Terry and Cahill, DMF: Matic and Ramirez). PSG are playing Santa Claus for Chelsea...

That's pure BS. He's prone to some mistakes, yes, but he's solid most of the time, especially big games. Ask City, PSG and Arsenal they'll tell you. Or just go ahead and re-watch the CC.

Most. Expensive. Defender. History.

David Luiz.

Yeah. We're the ones spouting BS.

That amount of money for a player who is rarely a first team player under Mourinho (CB: Terry and Cahill, DMF: Matic and Ramirez). PSG are playing Santa Claus for Chelsea...

Makes you wonder if there isn't some strange 'other' reason for this. Can't be footballing. PSG could have Luiz for well under 30m I would have thought. He's hardly integral to Mourinho's plans.

Use the 30m to pip United to Shaw. Done and done.

48m pounds. For David Luiz. To a club that can't pass FFP.

I don't understand. Can anyone explain it? Is Luiz like hugely popular in Paris or something?

That's perhaps the 'sale' of history for me. Even better than when we made 12m on Mikel having had him for 2 days :)

@Ryan: :LOL: when did that ever happen?

Really?! Thought you were a Chelsea fan! United agreed to sign Mikel from Lyn Oslo in like 2005, agreed the fee of 4m, and it was done and dusted. He was given squad number 21, posed with the shirt then said how happy he was to join United in an interview.

Then he and his agent did a runner to London, claimed he actually wanted to sign with Chelsea, accused both Lyn Oslo and United of shenanigans and basically dissappeared til it resolved.

Eventuaylly Chelsea got their man, but had to pay United 12m AND Lyn Oslo the agreed transfer fee of 4m.

Twas all very messy, but I'm pretty happy with how it worked out :)

I'm pretty sure Lukaku will not want to return to Everton.
Professionally i have contacts within the Belgian FA. Somebody from the national team surroundings told me that the way Mourinho acted with De Bruyne has disgusted Lukaku, Courtois and Hazard.

If both Courtois and Lukaku can help it, they will not return to Chelsea as long as Mourinho is there...

Lukaku is perfectly happy at Everton for the moment...

I think the reason lamps didn't get his (one-year probably) contract by the club as early as JT did, he's a world cup ahead. you know, maybe he could get a serious injury(knock on the wood!).

Really can't understand the deal with all these belgium players. Always on the news. God! If Lukaku or Courtois don't want to play for Chelsea they should've think about that before signing (especially Courtois. Cech has been a top three GK for more than a decade!).

Btw, the fuss about De Bruyne is laughable. He's better than Hazard, Schürrle, Willian or Ramires? No! So what't the problem of with Chelsea cashing in on a bench player with a loud mouth.

Lukaku had an horrible pre-season with Chelsea, when he showed lack of desire and discipline, culminated with a piss poor effort on an European Supercup. He's a talented lad, but he's still have a lot to prove to be treated like a sure starter, let alone a star.

Really can't understand the deal with all these belgium players. Always on the news. God! If Lukaku or Courtois don't want to play for Chelsea they should've think about that before signing (especially Courtois. Cech has been a top three GK for more than a decade!).

Btw, the fuss about De Bruyne is laughable. He's better than Hazard, Schürrle, Willian or Ramires? No! So what't the problem of with Chelsea cashing in on a bench player with a loud mouth.

Lukaku had an horrible pre-season with Chelsea, when he showed lack of desire and discipline, culminated with a piss poor effort on an European Supercup. He's a talented lad, but he's still have a lot to prove to be treated like a sure starter, let alone a star.

I would rate De Bruyne higher than Ramires and say he has potential to be better than Willian, but they all play different roles in the team so it's not worth comparing imo.

Lukaku has a bighead, probably not helped by the constant hype surrounding his performances and his transfer fee. He will be a good player, but he still has a lot of flaws (that first touch for one) to work on before he is Chelsea ready imo.

It's true that all these Belgian players are overhyped, but that is hardly their doing...
Those players also signed for Chelsea under a different manager.
IMO that changes a lot.

And maybe there is too much fuzz about De Bruyne, but in Belgium everyone considers him by far our best and most important field player (Courtois is our best player).

What Mourinho did was unfair towards De Bruyne. De Bruyne wanted another year on loan and could go to Leverkusen, Dortmund, Werder Bremen and Wolfsburg. Mourinho refused that. He used him against Hulle (where he was man of the match) and then against United (where he didn't play well,but the whole Chelsea team underachieved). After that match he never used him in the league...

One can look at this from different angles/

the obvious one is that De Bruyne failed;
another one is that he never got a fair chance (i tend to agree with that one);
yet another is that Mourinho failed, a player that was in his opinion important enough to keep him and that he never used...that can also seens as an error of judgement by Mourinho.

Anyway, about De Bruyne: time will tell...

yep he'll be like a new transfer fit in like a glove next season especially in cl. awesome player. ex-yugo players are on the rise again.

I personally don't rate De Bruyne all that high. He has technique and passing skills, but is dribbling and speed are sub-par, plus he seemed to me as a player that don't have a high intensity when playing on the wing. He is not what I and normally Portuguese coaches (Mourinho included) look in a winger. You want for them to constantly pressuring the defence and winning those one-on-one battles. I don't see that on De Bruyne. Maybe is just a clash of footballing cultures, but he didn't seemed fit for Mourinho's scheme.

Him being considering better than Hazard for the Belgium press is mind boggling to me. But I didn't follow that many NT games. Maybe Hazard is facing the same as Messi and CR7 have passed on their respectively NT. The performance in the NT not being equal as the one in the club. Or maybe is a Walloon/Flemish dispute like you Gerd eluded on other thread. I'm really scratching my head on how in Belgium he is rated highly than Hazard.

That said, I didn’t watch too many of his games to be quite honest. Time will tell.

As for Courtois and Lukaku, I get that they sign with a different manager, but is Chelsea who is paying their salaries. If they don't want to play for Mourinho that's OK, but do it on the backstage, without constantly news on them. Do it via the appropriate channels. Otherwise they risk pissing off the man, and rooting in the bench for a few seasons or being sell to the high bidder, regardless of the club quality.

Well I don't know what his natural position is, but I always see him play on the sides. I mean winger as in the 4-4-2 or 4-5-1 schemes, not a 4-3-3. Side midfielder or SMF is not a terminology in vogue, but I meant that :).
I saw him play at Werder on the left for the majority of games I watched and just a few in the middle. In Chelsea he only played on the right. Even in Belgium (the games I watched) he seems to play on the right. Defour and Witsel as DMF/CMF, Fellaini as AMF, Hazard on the left and De Bruyne on the right (in the 4-2-3-1 scheme). Didn't watch any Wolfsburg games, so I don't know where he's been playing.

Back
Top Bottom