Chelsea Thread

Deserved win for Chelsea. Cahil, Matic and Hazard were great.

Losing Fernandinho was one player too far for us. Doesn't matter who you are, if you lose your 3 best performers of the season you're going to suffer.

The work rate and commitment was huge tonight. Watching tonight's match made me realize why they sold Mata. I'm sorry, I love the Spaniard but, as good as Mata is, he wouldn't put in the work that the likes of Oscar, Willian and Hazard do. In a nutshell, it's not about the player but a matter of standards. He was just a bad fit to Mourinho's concept.

Impressive performance by that Serbian lad bought from Benfica. Well, impressive at least for those who didn't know him before. :)

Oscar only came in the last few minutes. Hazard was vital in the final 3rd n tracking back was key. David was everywhere ,but I was impress w/ Matic. He seem to get in the way of lot of the play. Man City were too direct (predicable) and they normally play more fluidly .

Hazard man of the match by a mile! That kid has got serious technique and mad dribbling skills. Looked like he could cut past City defenders at will. If he keeps evolving like he does, he will be one of the very best in the world for sure.

As for Mourinho, I'm still in disbelief at what he said about City :LOL:
But then again, it's just the type of absurd thing he would say.

Tonight the Hypocrite One gave Pellegrini a tactical knot, a true lesson. This is the blueprint for beating City really. Pressure high up the pitch and total commitment from everyone. You can't give those players time on the ball and shutting out Yaya Touré is key.

I wasn't really expecting Chelsea to do any attacking, but I'm impressed by how many chances they created and how many finishes hit the post! It's not every day you get to say this, but this time Chelsea was the unlucky side.

But that defensive performance... they reduced the league's best attack to a pathetic display!

Matic may well prove to be the transfer of the season.
Hazard is litle by litle becoming one of the best players of the EPL.
Cahill deserves far more praise than he is getting at the moment.

Nastasic (should have got a red card) and De Michelis aren't good enough to play at this level. Kompany didn't play a bad match, but he looked nervous throughout. City should buy a decent CB to complement him.

To be fair to City, they missed Aguëro and Fernandinho. Maybe also Nasri although he's less consistent than those other two.

And about Mourinho: what he says is just a mind game...imo he does it with much more style than Ferguson...

Really liked the match, a very intense and good match. You don't need to see 9 goals to see a good match.

Sorry but no, that level of hypocrisy puts Mourinho in a league of his own.

mourinho_begging.jpg

IMO this is nothing more than harmless mind games...it's only football.
It's not as if other English clubs are poor beggars too...

I must say i thoroughly enjoyed Chelsea's football yesterday evening. They have a some players who are a joy to watch...

I'll give you another example: for me the goal of the season (and perhaps the best goal i ever saw) was Wikshere's goal against Norwich...i can assure that i consider Wilshere as one of the biggest arrogant pricks in world football...doesn't stop me to enjoy that goal.

And maybe privately is a nice guy...just like Mourinho is a nice guy. A couople of weeks ago there was an interview with Kevin De Bruyne who scarcely ever played under Mourinho. He had only praise for Mourinho both as a manager and as a human being, in fact he genuinely seemed to like him...

credit where credit due, chelsea bus departed and they could of won by more and ivanovic hair wash celebration was insult to joe hart:LMAO:

I know the players like Mourinho when they work with him, that must mean something. But then again, such players include John Terry, Materazzi, Pepe... so I don't know if this is a good thing. Of course there are other guys who are quite alright praising him, such as De Bruyne and Kaká.

But I can't, for the life of me, see how a guy who pokes the eye of his rival's assistant manager is a good person.

If the things he said were part of his mind games, then he picked the wrong subject. Mourinho and Chelsea, of all teams, should stay away from any discussion involving Financial Fair Play.

that "poke in the eye" thing is just a stupid accident. he was going there to pull vilanova's ear (and he did pull indeed) and tito just shaked his head, suddenly and obviously accidentally the "poke in the eye" moment happened. and then "oh he poked someone in the eye! he's a killer!". I'm actually thankful that people didn't exploit tito's disease in this case.

sorry if I always sound like your devil's advocate but media(and obviously people like you) trying to make a big deal about almost every friggin thing mourinho does is just getting on my nerves. just give the man a break, really.

and almost every manager in football history had to manage some cunts in their teams. also players like pepe, ramos, arbeloa, materazzi have always been some disgusting twats. before or after mourinho. it didn't matter.

Last edited:
I do agree with the content of that last post, but only with the content, not with the way the poster expressed himself.

Although i often disagree with rentboy, i like to discuss with him.

The poke in the eye incident can't be dismissed like that. So he went for an ear and hit the eye? Thank God Mourinho is a football manager, not a surgeon! :LOL:
Anyways, I don't buy it but let's suppose I did. What right does have to engage in physical contact with the other team's staff? So you're saying pulling someone's ear is acceptable? Or am I alone in thinking this is beyond bizarre?

Mourinho often goes overboard with everything he does. If it's not an eye gouge, he's making irresponsible accusations (one of which led to death threats and forced retirement of a referee), or he's celebrating goals as if he was a player sliding on his knees whilst invading the pitch. He seems like a bloke who doesn't know his place.

Then in the space of 2 weeks he criticises Wenger for whining and moaning too much, shortly before he's moaning himself and accusing Arsenal of being benefited by the calendar; and then complains about City spending too much money in the transfer market - yup, the same guy who benefited from the exact same thing and inaugurated the new era of big spending and sugar daddies in England! :LOL:

Sorry to those who have a soft spot for this guy, but he goes against almost all of my values.
Everyone's entitled to an opinion and here's mine: Mourinho is a clown and an asshole in my book.

no suprise to see such response, thought I didn't need to explain every little thing but no, I never meant to say that pulling an ear is a normal action. but it certainly is not as malicious as the so called eye poking as you're making up. I really don't see why a human being would make up things to add even more hate to his hatred towards another one. photos can be misleading as they are only showing a single moment but everything's clear in the video. of course, you don't buy it... but I think you'd far easily understand how wrong you are if a similar thing happens in your own life.

my last post about any mourinho debate including you. as the saying goes, haters gonna hate.

You could put his brashness down to his youth and tactlessness when he was first Chelsea boss but now he just comes across as a bitter old man.

Being beaten at his game with regards to gamesmanship and the "dark arts" by Simeone last season was hugely amusing.

Oh and his comments on City. :LOL: The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

there are some words on the internet that hazard is a muslim. of course, all unconfirmed. is there any truth in this? just wondered. some say he is actually a jew.

Im more interested in the car they drive ,then their culture background.That is unless my daughter is marrying one , then and only then. :)

So, I say he`s a Muslim (he`s short)

bebo, dunno if this is what you mean to say but personally I never judge footballers by their private life outside the football pitch. like saying "oh yeah, he is a muslim so he is da best eva"... and it is no wrong to want to know a truth about them rather than some rumors, no?

I don't think he's muslim. His parents are called Carine and Thierry, not really muslim names. A lot of people think he has North-African ancistry but as far as I know he's Walloon.

bebo, dunno if this is what you mean to say but personally I never judge footballers by their private life outside the football pitch. like saying "oh yeah, he is a muslim so he is da best eva"... and it is no wrong to want to know a truth about them rather than some rumors, no?

You know me more then I know myself. :LOL:

@YoungGun-UK
Didn`t think much of it. Now, I was thinking Muslims pray on their knees and Jews pray standing up rocking ,and facing the wall. Maybe,a shorter footballer rather bow on their knees. Then, standing praying while head butting a wall.

LFC Albania said:
Bebo one more word about Muslims and ill find you and kill you right there :SMUG: don't mess with us (terrorists)

No worries :LOL: as a Christian I`m taught Muslim were the 1st born ,but Jews are the chosen and Christians are the adopted scattered children :LOL: . Most of my family are Catholics and a few Jehovah witnesses. So, religion in our family are kept w/ the volume on low.

Terry didn´t touch it, the goal was Lampard´s or deflection by Howard.

agree...Everton were looking more dangerous during whole game...unfair result but that doesn´t matter now.

Back
Top Bottom