Chelsea Thread

I wanted Everton to win, but who says Everton looked the more dangerous team is seriously biased. At times Everton were totally dominated by Chelsea (who didn't play their best match). Osman had a couple of good shots on goal, but other than that Everton didn't create much.

And yes Terry did score....

Ps: Everton missed a CF.

dec8c378035effd418c8ada5ef2b603e_b4f.jpg

and 1-1 is ok too

Transfer rumour:

Courtois (Atletico) to Chelsea
Cech (Chelsea) to Atletico Marid.

There is a persistent rumour that Mourinho is fed up with Cech after some errors (for example Fulham's goal).

On the one hand this is said for Cech who could have been the best GK ever if he hadn't had that injury. He was still one of the very best of the world after that injury, but he made some mistakes on high balls. One theory is that is peripheral vision is less good because of his injury.

On the other hand one must admit that Courtois is simply better than Cech now. It's normal the best GK should play.

Personally i would have liked Courtois to stay with Atletico and i think Courtois himself wouldn't mind at all.

Last edited:
Finally Ramires gets punished properly for an atrocious tackle. That's a genuine leg breaker - and he IS that type of player. Did the same to Goetze in the Super Cup.

Just awful, no intent on the ball, all intent on hurting the opponent.

Transfer rumour:

Courtois (Atletico) to Chelsea
Cech (Chelsea) to Atletico Marid.

There is a persistent rumour that Mourinho is fed up with Cech after some errors (for example Fulham's goal).

On the one hand this is said for Cech who could have been the best GK ever if he hadn't had that injury. He was still one of the very best of the world after that injury, but he made some mistakes on high balls. One theory is that is peripheral vision is less good because of his injury.

On the other hand one must admit that Courtois is simply better than Cech now. It's normal the best GK should play.

Personally i would have liked Courtois to stay with Atletico and i think Courtois himself wouldn't mind at all.

how many years he has to his Chelsea deal? because i can see him staying in Spain tbh.

You need your eyes tested. Look at the Bennet tackle to start with. Should have been a red. Watch MOTD!
My eyes are fine, sir. I saw the whole game, the Bennett tackle was high, yes, but it wasn't very dangerous - no studs, red would have been harsh.
Just compare it to Ramires' anger-driven, stud-forward plunge. ;)

The only thing I reckon was wrongly called was a Torres offside (I didn't catch that moment, a friend then said it was onside).

But anyway, I'm done discussing the refs, as I said, it wasn't the referee's fault at all that Chelsea lost today.
Was it the ref who didn't defend properly during Villa's goal attack?
Was it the ref who couldn't produce a single clear chance in front of Villa's goal?
Was it the ref who made Willian commit a "professional" foul thus stopping a quick counter while already having a yellow? Haha.

Think about it. It's always easier to blame it on the ref. Don't be like Mourinho, you guys. ;)

My eyes are fine, sir. I saw the whole game, the Bennett tackle was high, yes, but it wasn't very dangerous - no studs, red would have been harsh.
Just compare it to Ramires anger-driven, stud-forward plunge. ;)

The only thing I reckon was wrongly called was a Torres offside (I didn't catch that moment, a friend then said it was onside).

But anyway, I'm done discussing the refs, as I said, it wasn't the referee's fault at all that Chelsea lost today.
Was it the ref who didn't defend properly during Villa's goal attack? Was it the ref who couldn't produce a single clear chance in front of Villa's goal? Was it the ref who made Willian commit a "professional" foul thus stopping a quick counter while already having a yellow? Haha.

Think about it. It's always easier to blame it on the ref. Don't be like Mourinho, you guys. ;)

He was the last man as Ramires was through on goal, and Vlaar wouldn't have caught him. Foy had a poor game, SIMPLE!

And yet again, you decide to ignore everything else I said.

Villa's win was well deserved. Good riddance.

Wasn't a red. Ramires was going off to the right and Vlaar was with him. If he had knocked it towards the left so that he was going across Vlaar ,and thus taking him out of the equation, then I could see a red.

The only contentious decision was the 2nd booking for Willian. Players usually get booked for stopping decent breaks like that but sometimes refs go lenient when the player is already on on a yellow. Was a bit soft.

Azpilicueta had a good game. I don't get the point of Oscar. Mata is a much better player

Thanks again Chris Foy, you always do a fine job.

Just another biased comment coming from a biter guy, Ramires is genuinely one the nicest guys you'll ever meet, he's not viscous in any possible way, just clumsy as hell.

Yeah. That was clumsy. That whole deciding to go in studs up with a straight leg thing. Must just not be very coordinated.

K.

Ramires was a straight red all day long. I reckon he gets away with a lot of shit and finally he's paying his dues. He's not a psycho who's out to hurt people (although he was this time against Villa's player). But he does commit a shitload of bad fouls, some to stop counter attacks.

William was a bit harsh. He brushed the opposition player a bit and stopped all contact when he'd fallen. I've seen refs letting it go before, but other times they're ruthless like he was - interpreting to the letter of the law and giving the foul in the beginning and seeing as a bookable offense.

As for Mourinho, he is a pure clown - have I said it before? His sending off was justified and he totally had it coming. Who does he think he is? After Ramires was sent off he actually invaded the pitch! The nerve on that twat!!!

I can't remember a manager ever doing that.
Anyway, Mourinho is the type of fella who can't cope with a defeat. He got beaten fair and square. Delph's goal was as clean as it comes, a counter-attacking one. Yet, Mourinho was remonstrating with Lambert about Lord knows what after they scored.

As classless as can be, this Mourinho bloke. I trully hope he gets fuck all this season, and if Arsenal can't win the Prem, let it be City or Liverpool! Just not this cunt Mourinho. Sick and tired of his attitude.

Both managers and Agbonlahor went onto the pitch when it was all kicking off but I think Mourinho got sent off because after it had all boiled down and everyone had been dealt with he just walked onto the pitch as tho he owned the place and was risking setting it all off again. I don't think he needed to have said anything particularly bad to the ref.

On the one hand I think he's the biggest sore loser around but on the other I think it may have been on purpose in order to try and protect Ramires from a lengthier ban than 3 games. If the papers are all talking about Jose then they're spending less time/inches on Ramires. Some might think that that's a stretch but Jose is a scheming little bastard, it's what makes him such a good manager

Last edited:
The Villa player should have beent sent off and Willian's second yellow card was maybe a foul, but never a yellow card. Never.

Ramirez deserves a long ban for what he did. No way that was clumsyness...

But one can't say that the Villa win was undeserved. What a goal by the way...

Amazing moment in the final of the game! All the stadium applauding Didier Drogba was something really beautiful! It was the highest moment of today's CL night! REALLY GREAT MOMENT!!! :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom