Chelsea Thread

no rafa out today?

"we want our chelsea back" is the most hilarious chant of all time. you really want to return to being a mid table team with millions in debt?

no rafa out today?

"we want our chelsea back" is the most hilarious chant of all time. you really want to return to being a mid table team with millions in debt?

Apparently the Chelsea "fans" were seething at Rafa when he took out Lampard
and Moses....Pity they did'nt lose, otherwise the "fans" would have had a good case against Rafa.

Rafa was also snubbed by the gentleman SAF who ignored him during the pre-match handshake.

Glad to see Rafa vindicated at the final whistle with the result.

IMO Rio Ferdinand is far from a prick, i even like him, for example for the fact that he admits he screwed up with that missed drug test. About the Torres thing yesterday: those things happen in football matches. No need to blow it out of proportion, but you also can't ignore it.

Apparently the Chelsea "fans" were seething at Rafa when he took out Lampard
and Moses....Pity they did'nt lose, otherwise the "fans" would have had a good case against Rafa.

Rafa was also snubbed by the gentleman SAF who ignored him during the pre-match handshake.

Glad to see Rafa vindicated at the final whistle with the result.

Can we just go here quickly - what is the 'pre match handshake'? I've been watching football for 30 years and never seen this 'institution of the game'. I know occassionally if both managers come out of the tunnel at the same time they'll say hi - but they often don't.

And the end of the game - you know when the actual important handshake happens - where was Rafa? Oh he ran onto the pitch and away from the technical area without even looking back to Fergie?

If this is the kind of thing Rafa feels like speaking about I don't blame him. Because since Rafa took over Chelsea in the league they've gone from being title contenders to 19 points behind United. 19 points. With a higher wage bill, higher transfer fees and so forth.

So yes Rafa, talk about the handshake, shall we?

IMO Rio Ferdinand is far from a prick, i even like him, for example for the fact that he admits he screwed up with that missed drug test. About the Torres thing yesterday: those things happen in football matches. No need to blow it out of proportion, but you also can't ignore it.

It happened to a United player. It'll be a back page story for 2 days, replayed every half hour on Sky Sports and the FA will be forced to act. It's the way of being the best in the land.

If that happens in Stoke v. Newcastle (god knows it probably did) no one says a word.

IMO he's a spoiled footballer ! He likes the attention ,must be an English thing.

It happened to a United player. It'll be a back page story for 2 days, replayed every half hour on Sky Sports and the FA will be forced to act. It's the way of being the best in the land.

If that happens in Stoke v. Newcastle (god knows it probably did) no one says a word.

Poor Utd, everyone's out to get you

:LOL:

Can we just go here quickly - what is the 'pre match handshake'? I've been watching football for 30 years and never seen this 'institution of the game'. I know occassionally if both managers come out of the tunnel at the same time they'll say hi - but they often don't.

And the end of the game - you know when the actual important handshake happens - where was Rafa? Oh he ran onto the pitch and away from the technical area without even looking back to Fergie?

If this is the kind of thing Rafa feels like speaking about I don't blame him. Because since Rafa took over Chelsea in the league they've gone from being title contenders to 19 points behind United. 19 points. With a higher wage bill, higher transfer fees and so forth.

So yes Rafa, talk about the handshake, shall we?

It only makes sense that Rafa did not want to shake his hand after the match, being snubbed the first team.
And I'm sure Rafa was asked the question about Ferguson, just like Fergie who talks about other teams and players when he's only asked.

There isn't a pre-match handshake as such but I'm pretty sure I've seen a manager walk over to the other manager in the dugout hundreds of times.

Still, its not an issue if it happens or not. Benitez is just being a drama queen. The guy is a bit if a fruit cake with some of the shit he's spouted over the years.

Handshakes should take place after games regardless of what goes on though. To turn one down is pretty pathetic.

I'm not looking for sympathy, just telling it like it is.

You are exagerating. Two relatively poor results and you cry wolf, seeing conspiracy theories.
About the failed drugs test: i rencently read an interview with Rio and now he knows damn well he made a serious mistake.
Playing for a big team has advantages and disadvantages: players like Rio Ferdinand are seen as role models and youraverage Stoke player isn't. That is perfectly normal. This high profile also brings profits to Rio and players like him (money from publicity among other things).

And beach, United players also come away with serious offenses. One only needs to mention the words "Rooney" and "Wigan".

The fact is that you guys aren't used to loose matches and you generally are rather bad loosers.

There are also people who aren't convinced that the ref's mistake decided the match against Real Madrid. Manchester United reacted poor and Real Madrid scored two wonderfull goals. I don't particarly like Real Madrid, but they also deserve some credit...you guys make it seem as if the ref himself scored those two goals. The guy made a serious mistake, but at the time Man Utd was still 1-0 up. Fact is that both the players and the managers lost if for 5 or 6 minutes and that Real turned it around in that short spell of time...You can also look at the bright side: it's class that Madrid could do it in such a short spell, whereas Man Utd was the better team the rest of the match. After those two goals Man Utd dominated again, even if they were a man down...so one can ask questions about the real impact of the sending off.

And to my knowledge there was no refereeing mistake against Chelsea, United were 2-0 up and still Chelsea came back...

I'm pretty sure Man Utd will win both the EPL and the replay against Chelsea, but right now they had a bad spell, this happens in football. I'm also pretty sure that in his team talk after the Real Madrid match Ferguson did not focus on the referee's mistake. To blame only the ref would be self-delusion.

Last edited:
You are exagerating. Two relatively poor results and you cry wolf, seeing conspiracy theories.
About the failed drugs test: i rencently read an interview with Rio and now he knows damn well he made a serious mistake.
Playing for a big team has advantages and disadvantages: players like Rio Ferdinand are seen as role models and youraverage Stoke player isn't. That is perfectly normal. This high profile also brings profits to Rio and players like him (money from publicity among other things).

And beach, United players also come away with serious offenses. One only needs to mention the words "Rooney" and "Wigan".

The fact is that you guys aren't used to loose matches and you generally are rather bad loosers.

There are also people who aren't convinced that the ref's mistake decided the match against Real Madrid. Manchester United reacted poor and Real Madrid scored two wonderfull goals. I don't particarly like Real Madrid, but they also deserve some credit...you guys make it seem as if the ref himself scored those two goals. The guy made a serious mistake, but at the time Man Utd was still 1-0 up. Fact is that both the players and the managers lost if for 5 or 6 minutes and that Real turned it around in that short spell of time...You can also look at the bright side: it's class that Madrid could do it in such a short spell, whereas Man Utd was the better team the rest of the match. After those two goals Man Utd dominated again, even if they were a man down...so one can ask questions about the real impact of the sending off.

And to my knowledge there was no refereeing mistake against Chelsea, United were 2-0 up and still Chelsea came back...

I'm pretty sure Man Utd will win both the EPL and the replay against Chelsea, but right now they had a bad spell, this happens in football. I'm also pretty sure that in his team talk after the Real Madrid match Ferguson did not focus on the referee's mistake. To blame only the ref would be self-delusion.

You're not saying anything I disagree with in terms of this week. Im not saying there's any agenda with Tuesdays ref nor Sunday.

I was speaking to something different which is that united players are more likely to be reviewed by the english fa than players from any other team.

The two are not related, please don't twist them together. The fa are guided by the media, and the media sell papers by talking about United.

If you think that was red card worthy then there's something seriously wrong with your ability to judge an on-the-pitch situation...

Just ignore Mad Mehtab, he's one of those crackpot conspiracy theorists who loves attention.

If it's not Barcelona or UEFA or Platini, it's Fergie, Man Utd or the FA. He's evo-web's village idiot.

Yea, because raising your arms to an opponent's face/head is never a red card.

Of course it's a red card

All of the match officials reviewed footage from multiple camera angles and in slow motion, an came to the conclusion that if they've seen it it would not have been a red card.

Just saying.

I'm surprised, it's not massively dis-similar to the Karl Henry incident Rio was banned for a few seasons ago. Rio was stupid an got away with it.

That said, anyone thinking similar contact is happening on every corner kick is a little deluded. It was hardly Fellaini on Shawcross.

It was just a nudge. Take a closer look. It should be classified as a provocation in my opinion.

Fellaini deserves a statue for what he did with Shawcross.
It was time somebody reacted to Stoke and it's players.

PS: this is a joke...well, half a joke, no 75%...

Rafa OUT .... or PLASTIC FANS OUT ? which one sounds better ?

there are still people wondering why Rafa call them like that ? hes right about that , who saw tonight matchs has seen that only steaua fans was singing all the time , even having a "booo" every time Chelsea players had ball ! what a shame it really was !

Torres scored. El-Nino is back!

Why RDM playing Torres? He's a shit.

So, guys it's the end of Torres. What a player he was. I don't like him but if I say he was not the best striker at this peak, then I am lying.

YouTube - Fernando Torres - Is This The End? HD

Farewell and Good Luck!

Torres totally lost it. His soccer passion is dead now.

Torres is on-form finally. Lampard is back. Chelsea's defense is organized. The only negative thing I can see on the match is Hazard performance. He is off form.

Even shit is much more accurate than Torres. Where are you Mourinho?

Torres! Torres! Torres! We are winning the Europa League! Com'on Chelsea!
:LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom