Chelsea Thread

Surely the highest scoring non-forward in modern world-football history?

I just checked the stats of Zidane, Gerrard and Scholes and they're not even close! Can't recall if there's any other goal-scoring midfielder right now so you're quite possibly right.

@amineken, he needs six goals to surpass bobby tambling's record. five will equal them.

yeah, he was probably the best at goal scoring as a midfielder but I don't take him as a modern era footballer. but he's absolutely an all-time great of course.

Excellent performance by Sparta, their keeper and Kadlec are class players. Matejovsky also played a massive game.
Watched the match with my 13 year old daughter who is a massive Chelsea and Hazard fan...she was over the moon with hazard's goal..great goal by the way...

that was going to happen eventually but surprisingly it was pretty obvious to me that he'd miss it. he was always smashing the pens to the right of goalkeepers recently. nevertheless, nice job from Hart as well. and yaya toure, a true beast!

I bet 70% of all his pens have been in the bottom left hand side, with most of the rest down the middle.

Chelsea were really poor in CM today. Definitely needs strengthening in the summer

This is amazing:

WreckItRafa-1.jpg

'Boro are f*cked, Chelsea's most important, most consistent contributor is out on the pitch tonight. No chance in hell. Step forward Martin Atkinson, whose Chelsea record is genuinely world class:

P-17 W-16 D-1 L-0 For-40 Against-3

Magnificent stuff from the ref.

Brace yourself we're coming to OT next.

*shudders* :YAWN:

Nah, I'm actually somewhat concerned about this match-up. Chelsea has been consistent in the FA Cup for years now. However, it looks like this year they will actually have to face some decent PL opposition on the way to the finals.
Haven't decided yet whether the fact this game comes after the 2nd leg against Real will be a good thing for us or not...guess that depends on whether the lads will find more motivation out of a win or loss.

i agree with what he said about himself though about being an interim manager, such a shit title. he should of been just manager, no intermim bullshit. all chelsea managers are interim..
wonder whos next? maybe zola

Last edited:
i agree with what he said about himself though about being an interim manager, such a shit title. he should of been just manager, no intermim bullshit. all chelsea managers are interim..
wonder whos next? maybe zola

I think Rafa Benitez for all his imperfections, deserves more respect from the board and their so-called fans.

C'mon the guy has won major trophies, he was more successful than Di Matteo, Gullit, Vialli, Scolari, Grant at domestic management level.

If you can't support him, at least keep quiet and support the team.
No need for "Rafa out" songs, it just does no good to the club at all.
Totally idiotic.

I think Rafa Benitez for all his imperfections, deserves more respect from the board and their so-called fans.

C'mon the guy has won major trophies, he was more successful than Di Matteo, Gullit, Vialli, Scolari, Grant at domestic management level.

If you can't support him, at least keep quiet and support the team.
No need for "Rafa out" songs, it just does no good to the club at all.
Totally idiotic.

I do agree with that.
On the other hand, Raffa is by far the manager with the worst record since Abromovich took over. With the players Chelsea have they should be title contenders. It's still posiible that they will not end in the top four...that is not good.

He's trying to deflect all the blame from himself but no-one put a gun to his head and forced him to take the job.

He knew that the fans would backlash against him (whether it's justified is a different topic), so he's got no choice but to put up and shut up.

It's a habit of Benitez to blame everyone else, his falling out with different directors and board members at Valencia, Liverpool etc. almost put Billy Davies to shame.

I think it would be best for his career if he swallowed a humble pill, took a less ambitious job in one of the top leagues and and did a decent and most importantly quite job because he's sort of lost his marbles when it comes to managing top sides.

Got bored so typed up what I think a job posting for Chelsea Manager might look like;

Wanted: Interim for the Interim Football Manager (Seasonal)

Chelsea F.C. located in London, United Kingdom, is looking for a high-profile manager who experienced a substantial amount of success at their previous club(s).*

This is a temporary position with no potential for professional growth. Contract time is seasonal/weather dependent, and can be dissolved at any time, depending on the way the wind blows.

Requirements:*

-Proven success; does not have to be the direct result of your own professional expertise. If you used a previous manager's/coach's hard work and claimed it as your own, that is just fine.*

-Big personality; you are expected to be full of yourself and to rapidly develop a toxic relationship with the team, fans and press. We are not looking for some type of peace-maker. Go work for the U.N. you damn hippy. Ability to piss off owner is a big plus and will ensure you are to collect a multi-fold of your monthly salary without having to do any actual work for it. (Win!).

Candidates who can either bring in a player or have a player already at Chelsea F.C. who used to be on a team you previously managed will be given preferential treatment. Kudos to you if you sold him to us for a ridiculous amount of money, only for that player to then under-perform. It only shows us you are a brilliant man. (We want!)

Compensation:
DoQ. But rest assured, it will be worth your (limited) time.*

Benefits: Excellent severance package. *

Please respond by; whenever. We are always considering a new manager.*

'Boro are f*cked, Chelsea's most important, most consistent contributor is out on the pitch tonight. No chance in hell. Step forward Martin Atkinson, whose Chelsea record is genuinely world class:

P-17 W-16 D-1 L-0 For-40 Against-3

Magnificent stuff from the ref.

Says who? A manutd fan.

thats so stupid really , why those craps don't put Abramovich out ? he hire benitez ? or i bet they have fear to do that as they will be down where they ALWAYS been before Abramovich took them !

Says who? A manutd fan.
The difference is, his statements are backed up by clear statistical evidence, while the usual general opinion that Man Utd get all the decisions just sounds ridiculous if you really look at the numbers. :)

The difference is, his statements are backed up by clear statistical evidence, while the usual general opinion that Man Utd get all the decisions just sounds ridiculous if you really look at the numbers. :)

Well, it's good for everyone if I don't post the stats of Man Utd with referees. It will probably be a one full page.

Don't dig deep into this because you'll have nothing to complain about then! ;)
Beachryan has already posted some interesting stuff in our thread about how it's not true what they say about United. :)

Back
Top Bottom