Chelsea Thread

Chelsea don't have a history of bringing through younger players because theirs always a Manager on his toes unlike clubs where theirs a sustained growth.

Sometimes i have the impression big clubs buy young players to avoid them going to other clubs, not so much because they are really interested in them.

Certainly that's what Real Madrid used to do. Any player that was under 21 and had a marginally good year in La Liga seemed to end up at Madrid, never playing. (they did the same with a lot of Dutch players)

I'm starting to wonder if there shouldn't be an age limit below which you can't move as a player. Like 21, for example, so you'd have to stay with your club til then. I get the downside (if you're at a really tiny, poorly equipped club) but at least it would stop the talent hoarding/ talent ruining which we see so much of.

F*ck me, Chelsea have started bidding on Lewandowski too now. Great player, but good lord, in about 18 months that would be (deeeep breath):

Luiz, Torres, Benayoun, De Bruyne, Cahill, Meireles, Mata, Lukaku, Romeu, Courtois, Hazard, Hazard, Marin, Oscar, Lewandowski/ Hulk

Mind. Blown. In that time they only sold 1 player for more than £3m (Zhirkov at £13m)

Dortmund won't sell Lewandowski this summer. Not to Chelsea, not to United not to anyone. Of course every player has its price and if someone comes out with a stupid offer, they'll consider it.

Where is Bosingwa heading by the way? There's another decent player a team can pick up for 'free'. Back to Porto maybe? What's the latest on him? I haven't been following.

Im surprised they after him, he's a good player, potentially very good but I do think their are better strikers out their.

especially for Chelsea whose funds don't hold them back.

Yeah someone like Falcao is much more 'proven'.

Robert looks like the real deal right now but it has to be mentioned, he's had ONE great season. Prior to that he was an unknown entity and Lucas Barrios' backup.

If he goes onto have another great season at BVB this upcoming year, which I think he will as I believe in him and think he IS a quality player, THEN, a LOT more can be said about him definitively. At the moment, he's certainly one of the better strikers in the world but just how great he is (Top 5? Top 10? Top 15?), we don't know but will find out soon.

I don't like John Terry, but why would the FA charge him if a civilian court doesn't?
Once again an FA puts itself above the law and civilain courts. That is how the saga around Jean-Marc Bosman began...they never learn.

Oscar looked absolutely world class today. He and Neymar are stunning footballers. Excited to have him in the prem, but wish he'd gone to a team that didn't already have Mata/Hazard/Marin/Lampard!

Marin's nothing special and I was surprised they bought him in all honesty, especially now they even have Thorgan Hazard.

Lampard will play in the '2' behind the 3 which will be occupied by Mata, Hazard and Oscar, with Marin and Hazard Mk II as cover, incredible wealth of options.

Ive seen glimpses and while I don't think hes as good as Eden I do think he looks a talent, he's only 19 but I never think that matters at Chelsea as opportunities for 'young and learning' type players is rare.

I've had a chat with father Hazard (i played football with him and saw him back a year and a half ago, to my astonishment he was Eden's father)and in his opinion the third brother (Kilian, who is now with Lille) is the most talented of the 3 brothers...

And speaking about Belgian Chelsea players, this was never mentioned, but Chelsea have brought 3 other Belgian players during summer: the Musonda brothers. Charlie Junior, Tika and Lamisha are the sons of former Anderlecht player and Zambian international Charlie Musonda. The three brothers have the Belgian nationality and the youngest (Charlie Junior) is seen as an enormous talent. Musonda is one of the members of out under 16 national team that according to pundits is bursting with huge talent. The same pundit (Johan Boskamp) who first noticed Eden Hazard says that in this team there are 5 or 6 players that are better than Eden Hazard at the same age. Only one of those players is still playing in Belgium. Adnan Januzaj of the same team is playing for Manchester United by the way...Januzaj is, together with Genk's Sieben Schrijvers, seen as the biggest talent of that under 16 team. Now let's see how many of these young players will really make it.

Chelsea have made some good signings but they still have Di Matteo as manager.

For this reason I don't see them winning the title.

What would be the point of that? Their attacking midfield options are right up their with us and City, its one of their main strengths. Dempsey is a good player but not one for Chelsea.

Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Marin, Hazard2, Piazon.

They need to look at how awful their defence is in numbers, Central Midfield is a bit crap with Lampard getting on(Lampard is no Scholes if anyone brings that up) and you don't really know what your going to get with Torres.

Apparently Mata will be given an overdue rest, so we should see plenty of the other 36464849 attacking midfielders that they have in reserve.

Lampard did adapt his game well in that ultra-defensive CL run, although he was often playing alongside two other defensive minded central midfielders, so will be interesting to see what role he gets in what should be a considerably more proactive Chelsea side.

He should be dropped but he won't be, Im surprised they didn't bring in a solid defensive midfielder like M'vila or of that ilk.

New Signing--Ramires with a trio of the attacking options would make sense.

why do you rise to the troll every time?

Hazard is going to be such a signing...still worry about Chelsea at the back, Cech better years behind him now that much is obvious.

Terry is too slow and makes rash decisions now, Luiz is poor. I like Cahill but he is very overrated.

Back
Top Bottom