Chelsea Thread

He's a typical modern day 'Forward' Right, Left and through the middle. he could only be wide in a front 3.

This could be the possible line up if Hulk joins Chelsea.

Code:
GK: Cech
RB: Ivanovic
CB: Terry
CB: Luiz
LB: A.Cole
CM: Lampard
CM: Ramires
AM: Mata
RW: Hulk
LW: Marin
CF: Torres

Marin won't be a starter, I can't see you bringing in Hulk either (unless ive missed some big developments recently)

Hazard is first choice and you've already bidded for Lucas Moura so might go that way if Hazard doesn't; work out.

So, according to FOX Sports, Roman proposed a 1 year deal to RdM which he turned down. He wants a long term deal and rightfully so.

Is that done?

Great Signing if so, I really think he's another potential Ronaldo, his trajectory of the last few years has been immense and only still 21.

Wow that is a relief, he turn down MC£TY, and the great MUTD! for Chels that doesn`t have a boss yet and a aging squad .What didn`t work w/ Cannavaro must of worked w/ Hazards.

It's very interesting imo. Given his cost, combined with Chelsea's financial position at present, it's clear that they are not the least bit worried about FFP. I'm starting to have even less faith in Platini's plan than I used to....

Still, good move for Hazard, I think Chelsea need a player in that position more than City and United, and hopefully that's why he's gone there. Should link up well with Mata and Torres.

From Hazard's point of view this is certainly better than Man City. Man Utd would have been good for him too.

I wonder what will happen with De Bruyne and Lukaku.

There is also a rumour that Lukaku will be loand out to Everton and that this will part of a deal that also involves a transfer of Fellaini to Chelsea. Don't know if that is true.

Younggun: Hazard will never be as good as Ronaldo.

:P Maybe I agree with you now, but he has the potential IMO and if he had gone for Arsenal (Wenger) or United (SAF) I think they could definetly take him to that level, he's joined a club without a manager and one that will likely be gone before he's 22.

I can see why he went to Chelsea, London is probably a big draw for him, it's only a 3-4 hr drive to southern Belgium or less by train. From Manchester it would be almost double that, and even if he went by plane by the time you factor in other time (check-in, getting to the airport) it would still take much longer than from London. Also there is the nucleus of a Belgian team there with the likes of Courtois, Lukaku, De Bryne, together with the fact there are other Belgians at London clubs (Vermaelen and now maybe Vertongen).

Chelsea have the potential to win things, at the moment they are in (or perhaps starting) a phase of transition, but there are still good players at the club, afterall they are the European Champions, and some of their signings show the intent of a club that is serious about winning trophies (Mata, David Luiz, even Cahill were all coveted players, Torres was a massive signing even if it hasnt worked out yet). Maybe at City he could have had a greater chance of winning lots of things instantly, but I think over the next 2 to 5 years Chelsea and City will be of a similar strenght and will probably dominate English football.

Maybe at City he could have had a greater chance of winning lots of things instantly, but I think over the next 2 to 5 years Chelsea and City will be of a similar strenght and will probably dominate English football.

Sadly for clubs that can't afford to lose £100m a season, I tend to agree with you.

Chelsea are building a very strong young side, which still shocks me. I really thought Abramovich would walk away after wining hte CL - mainly because his original 'intent' was to have Chelsea self sufficient by last year. Obviously not going to happen with wage inflation and a relatively small stadium, but he looks to be ponying up some serious £££ to help the club rebuild.

And with Ramires, Hazard, Mata, Cech, Torres (hopefully) and Luiz there is some very good young talent in that squad - possibly even more than United who claim to be the 'young team in transition'.

The key will be Torres imo. If he's not working out by January Chelsea have to cut their losses. Personally I think he's going to be great this year, manager depending.

Worst team ever like Greece national team in Euro 2004. This isn football, its antifootball. Abramovich fucking jew, russians hates his.

I just dont understand How Hazard sign for Chelsea tought, Its a great new for yall but wow... He sign for a club that already signed Marin, and De bruyne...and also mata... I cant see all those short players all be on the pich for chelsea... Strange decision when he said he wanted to play first team...He wil play first team but I wouldnt joined a club with so many wingers that have just signed for the club... I guess those 200k a week did it -_-

The only thing I found wierd about it was his reasoning of being assured first team football.

They don't have a manager. :SS At least City seem stable with Mancini.

Speaking of short players, I'm watching the US v Brazil match and they're saying that Hulk has basically confirmed he's joining them too. I don't have any idea why Chelsea are suddenly stockpiling attacking talent, but good lord:

Torres - CF - 50m
Lukaku - CF - 20m
Hulk - CF/WF - 40m (?)
Mata - AMF/WF - 24m
Hazard - AMF/WF - 32m
Marin - AMF/WF - 14m
Meireles - AMF/MF - 12m

That's a hell of a spending spree for just 4 positions, in just 18 months !!!

I'm guessing the first team will be:

----------------Cech----------------
-Ivanovic---Terry--Luiz-----Cole----
--------Mikel-------Ramires---------
---------------Hazard---------------
-----Mata-----------------Hulk------
---------------Torres---------------

With a bench: Courtois, Cahill, Bertrand, Lampard, Meireles, Marin, Lukaku

I just dont understand How Hazard sign for Chelsea tought, Its a great new for yall but wow... He sign for a club that already signed Marin, and De bruyne...and also mata... I cant see all those short players all be on the pich for chelsea... Strange decision when he said he wanted to play first team...He wil play first team but I wouldnt joined a club with so many wingers that have just signed for the club... I guess those 200k a week did it -_-

People judge and they don't know their facts.
Hazard is not a winger, De Bruyne is not a winger.
Hazard is an attacking midfielder (central) who can play as WF.
De Bruyne is an attacking midfielder (central) who can play SMF and who played as LMF for Genk because Genk did not have a LMF. In the play-offs of the Jupiler League the Genk coach put Buffel as LMF, Vanden Borre as RMF and finally De Bruyne as AMF and he was absolutely outrstanding.
Both DE Bruyne and Hazard can play in the same position, but De Bruyne will be loaned to another club. Hazard is versatile enough to play (just like Mata and Lampard). I don't really see the problem unless you are frustrated that he did not join Arsenal.

This said, Hazard will face a very tough first season. All eyes will be on him and he'll have to deliver immediately. I'm not sure if he is as good as most people think he is. Some people compare him with Cr Ronaldo. I hope i'm wrong but i think Hazard will never be as good as Cr Ronaldo.

Speaking of short players, I'm watching the US v Brazil match and they're saying that Hulk has basically confirmed he's joining them too. I don't have any idea why Chelsea are suddenly stockpiling attacking talent, but good lord:

Torres - CF - 50m
Lukaku - CF - 20m
Hulk - CF/WF - 40m (?)
Mata - AMF/WF - 24m
Hazard - AMF/WF - 32m
Marin - AMF/WF - 14m
Meireles - AMF/MF - 12m

That's a hell of a spending spree for just 4 positions, in just 18 months !!!

I'm guessing the first team will be:

----------------Cech----------------
-Ivanovic---Terry--Luiz-----Cole----
--------Mikel-------Ramires---------
---------------Hazard---------------
-----Mata-----------------Hulk------
---------------Torres---------------

With a bench: Courtois, Cahill, Bertrand, Lampard, Meireles, Marin, Lukaku

They finished 6th last year and are chasing the richer City, the only way back up is to splash the cash likes its 2003 all over again :))

Back
Top Bottom