Chelsea Thread

Blue is the colour, football is the game
We're all together and winning is our aim
So cheer us on through the sun and rain
Cos Chelsea, Chelsea is our name.

bosingwa , how good is he:WORSHIP:
it will be catastrophic if chelsea dont make a plan to defend gomez cosidering how carroll costed chelsea

bosingwa , how good is he:WORSHIP:
it will be catastrophic if chelsea dont make a plan to defend gomez cosidering how carroll costed chelsea

Yep. Today Bosingwa did well. But I still think he is kinda more into attacking than into defending. Carroll was outstanding today and deserve that goal. Mata is still out of form and Kalou was better.

Yep. Today Bosingwa did well. But I still think he is kinda more into attacking than into defending. Carroll was outstanding today and deserve that goal. Mata is still out of form and Kalou was better.
in fact , those words are not to praise bosingwa who did awful in the second half :COAT:

Congrats Chelsea.

You were the better team today and deserve it. LFC was only best in last 30 minutes. You were better for 60 mins. Fair winners.

If I were Di Matteo I'd send the first XI on holiday for 2 weeks. They looked absolutely shot by the 60th minute, and realistically Spurs/ Newcastle are going to get at least 2 more points in the remaining two matches, so the league position doesn't matter.

Congrats, btw. 4 of the last 6 FA Cups - that is phenomenal.

Congrats to Di Matteo and the players.

What would Chelsea do without Cech?! That save from Carroll was amazing!!

I hope Robbie gets the job now. It doesn't make sense if they let him go! He's perfect for the job. Young, hungry, cool, collected, fans love him, players love him, he's a Chelsea legend and former player himself and a good one too (Italian Int'l with nice long-range shot) scored quite a few nice goals ala Lampard himself when I was a kid.

He's done AMAZINGLY since he joined, what else do you want Roman? c'mon hire the guy! I'd be so pi$$ed off if he doesn't get the job!

Congrats to Di Matteo and the players.

What would Chelsea do without Cech?! That save from Carroll was amazing!!

I hope Robbie gets the job now. It doesn't make sense if they let him go! He's perfect for the job. Young, hungry, cool, collected, fans love him, players love him, he's a Chelsea legend and former player himself and a good one too (Italian Int'l with nice long-range shot) scored quite a few nice goals ala Lampard himself when I was a kid.

He's done AMAZINGLY since he joined, what else do you want Roman? c'mon hire the guy! I'd be so pi$$ed off if he doesn't get the job!

Who ever thought that we would go into the Finals of UCL and win the F.A Cup? Di Matteo is the man. The special one.

For once i don't agree with you PLF.
I do agree that Di Matteo is doing an excellent job, but what Chelsea need is a manager who is strong enough to rebuild. Di Matteo has taken a step back, he is playing the football bases upon the older players who are at the end of the road. This might be good for this season and even for the next, but then it's the end of the road.
Chelsea are successfull under Di Matteo, but they have taken a step back. A player like Mata who was absolutely fantastic at the beginning of the season, will not like the long ball football Chelsea are playing nowadays (this is a bad day to write this, since yesterday Chelsea did not quite play like that and Mata was man of the match)...
What AVB tried, was the future for Chelsea...he might have made mistakes, but that is definitely the way Chelsea need to go...

or he (Di Matteo) could do a second Dalglish right now... then he will be rewarded with 3 years deal..

Dalglish did also amazingly well being caretaker..

Problem is, it's just lying there doing nothing but being derelict.

Much as I dislike Chelsea, a stadium inside place would be beyond epic, especially considering they have to at least keep the towers.

For once i don't agree with you PLF.
I do agree that Di Matteo is doing an excellent job, but what Chelsea need is a manager who is strong enough to rebuild. Di Matteo has taken a step back, he is playing the football bases upon the older players who are at the end of the road. This might be good for this season and even for the next, but then it's the end of the road.
Chelsea are successfull under Di Matteo, but they have taken a step back. A player like Mata who was absolutely fantastic at the beginning of the season, will not like the long ball football Chelsea are playing nowadays (this is a bad day to write this, since yesterday Chelsea did not quite play like that and Mata was man of the match)...
What AVB tried, was the future for Chelsea...he might have made mistakes, but that is definitely the way Chelsea need to go...

I agree with you there. Let's see what Di Matteo can do against UCL Final.

I don't think Di Matteo keeping the job should at all be based on how he does in UCL Final. Sure, if he wins it then he should certainly get the job but even if he doesn't he should and deserves to be the new chelsea manager. Let's face it, Chelsea will be big underdogs playing against a superior opponent (FAR superior than the Liverpool team they just faced and still struggled against somewhat) in MUNICH for 90 minutes. They're not supposed to win at all. They're supposed to lose. If he can change that, then he's the messiah but even if he doesn't, he should get the job. Mourinho himself couldn't do it not with Chelsea and not with his Real Madrid squad past Bayern, why expect Di Matteo to do it now?

@Gerd, I was completely against AVB's departure for the exact reasons you mentioned. I think if Roman had been more patient with him, Chelsea would have a great manager who'd be leading the team to great things for years to come. BUT, that's done and over with now. There's no reason why Di Matteo can't rebuild the team and make the necessary changes. Who's to say he will fail? He can do a good job. He should be given the chance.

WORST John Terry and Ivanovic performance I've EVER seen.

Two great defenders who played absolutely HORRIFICALLY today. ABYSMAL!

They both got nutmegged not just by Suarez but by Carroll too :LOL:

JT was directly at fault for the first 3 Liverpool goals! After today's performance, Chelsea fans are probably happy these two won't feature in center of defense against Gomez/Ribery and Robben because they made Liverpool look great and that's not an easy job! :LOL:

Don't know where this guy's head was today and of course he's not the only one to blame, the whole team apart from Ramires played poorly and when you have Ross Turnbull in goal, things can and often WILL go wrong for you! :D :LMAO:

I don't think Di Matteo keeping the job should at all be based on how he does in UCL Final. Sure, if he wins it then he should certainly get the job but even if he doesn't he should and deserves to be the new chelsea manager.

I think most will agree. The question is "How long will he last?" knowing Roman's tendency to play "musical manager" at Chelsea.

WORST John Terry and Ivanovic performance I've EVER seen.

Two great defenders who played absolutely HORRIFICALLY today. ABYSMAL!

They both got nutmegged not just by Suarez but by Carroll too :LOL:

JT was directly at fault for the first 3 Liverpool goals! After today's performance, Chelsea fans are probably happy these two won't feature in center of defense against Gomez/Ribery and Robben because they made Liverpool look great and that's not an easy job! :LOL:

Don't know where this guy's head was today and of course he's not the only one to blame, the whole team apart from Ramires played poorly and when you have Ross Turnbull in goal, things can and often WILL go wrong for you! :D :LMAO:

Turnbull? I saw only highlights but could swear I saw Cech in goal. That cock up for the 4th goal wasn't him?

EDIT: yeah, just saw it was Turnbull :P

Last edited:
I`m sure you lots know ,but for the neutrals

RDMAVB100512.jpg

Boateng fit to play. Ryan will start as left winger to
provide Cole cover v Robben. Kalou will help
Bosingwa out v Ribery as he is good defensively.
Torres/Sturridge really poor defensively. Ramires
unavailable,Malouda not fit enough,Ryan safest
option to provide cover and pace on the wings.

That being said.

Why is Bertrand playing btw?
I find it as a big gamble having a player like him make his debut in a CL final, it's the first time that a player makes his debut in a CL final for as far as I'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom