Chelsea Thread

Just read some quotes on the Evening Standard, John Obi Mikel thinks a straight red for Terry was harsh and that it is unfair that he won't be in the final. I wonder in which planet do these guys live??

Also Pique saying the other day that Drogba doesn't dive. I almost choked when I read that! Like you said, which planet do these guy come from?

And people say there is no value in the transfer market, good deal for Chelsea.

Did Torres score 3 goals!?!

is_this_real_life101.gif

The qualification for the CL final is a step back for Chelsea.
They might finally win the CL, but in the long term it will be a huge set-back because the players that you need to get rid off have reached the final.
Chelsea should renew their team: transfer the influential older players and buy good and hungry younger players. This might result in one or two seasons below par, but in the long term it will proof to be a blessing.
There is one good example that operations like this can work: Newcastle United.

The qualification for the CL final is a step back for Chelsea.
They might finally win the CL, but in the long term it will be a huge set-back because the players that you need to get rid off have reached the final.
Chelsea should renew their team: transfer the influential older players and buy good and hungry younger players. This might result in one or two seasons below par, but in the long term it will proof to be a blessing.
There is one good example that operations like this can work: Newcastle United.

Chelsea's youth is awesome. Maybe they can be transfered to reserve or main squad. The team lacks in a play maker and a goal machine.

Chelsea's youth is awesome. Maybe they can be transfered to reserve or main squad. The team lacks in a play maker and a goal machine.

That is not enough. Chelsea should get rid of the older players, that is their first priority since they keep on dominating the dressing room.

It'll be interesting to see how much Abramovich is willing to invest. He's already just bought Luiz, Torrez, Meireles, Lukaku and now Marin. Hardly a small chunk of money - by my reckoning that's about £120m! And the squad STILL needs 5 new players? Ruddy hell.

Personally, I'd rather they make do with what they've got. McChecran (spl?) was supposed to be all that and feature heavily - the first promoted youth player since Terry - but we've not seen him. Lukaku was, surely one of the most expensive kids to be transfered ever - where is he? Chelsea also paid almost £10m for Piazon, who is still very young, but should be getting games.

The pressure on Chelsea managers for short term success is so high that they may as well not even bother having a youth team. If Abramovich is so keen on winning every year, he should just pony up the money to buy 'peak' players instead of worrying about developping them internally.

Chelsea was an average girl who who married someone rich and became a top model. Today, her look and status isn`t that of yesterday and the average-ness is just around the corner.

Win the final and status will be massive! I love the bit more haters than fans How Terry did that all on his own is amazing :LOL:

upon what terry has done , i just want to say he deserves those boos because a player like him should act as an great social model but To err is human such as zidane , giggs ...so just give him chances and tolerances~~~~~~~~~~~

Chelsea have submitted a bid to acquire the Battersea Power Station site for the construction of a 60,000-seater stadium.

Chelsea said in a statement: "Battersea Power Station is one of London's most famous buildings and has the potential to become one of the most iconic football stadiums in the world.

Chelsea directors spoke with a member of the billionaire Qatari ruling family on Friday about investing in the club's future. Although Chelsea insisted Abramovich remains fully committed to the club, they are investigating commercial opportunities with the Qataris. Chelsea’s players were stunned when Al Thani watched some of their training at Cobham ahead of the FA Cup Final against Liverpool. He arrived in an armoured car and was surrounded by several bodyguards.

So, another new owner on Chelsea?

Back
Top Bottom