Chelsea Thread

ive noticed torres has really improved in the last few weeks,wonder would it have anything to do with him getting back into the spanish team for euro 2012

Yeah even without goals he's been playing well, his link up play has been fantastic in the last couple of weeks.

Can tell though that it's all confidence, he didn't let his head go down after a few missed opportunities yesterday.

Victor Moses was excellent. Finally adding some decision making to his game, he has all the technique and physical attributes to be a top 6 type player imo.

Chelsea were generally very poor, no pace, no tempo and very little wide play. Lucky 3 points, but they all count!

Victor Moses was excellent. Finally adding some decision making to his game, he has all the technique and physical attributes to be a top 6 type player imo.

Chelsea were generally very poor, no pace, no tempo and very little wide play. Lucky 3 points, but they all count!

We need fresh legs and young players. Chelsea can't really go further with this squad. Chelsea really needs Ronaldo and Mourinho back if they want to achieve the UCL.

I can see Messi and co earning a penalty or two and most likely it'll be because it IS a foul.

Just look at the fouls the ref gave against Chelsea in this last leg. Many many fouls but not a single one was undeserved. Good refereeing. Hope to see more of the same.

I don't personally care how many penalties or red cards are given, I just want to make sure they are deserved. And if a player who already has a yellow wants to cause more damage and puts in a late challenge where he misses the ball, then he should get a red. Doesn't even matter if a team-mate has already been red-carded as well the same way a 2nd and 3rd penalty should be given as well if it's a foul but referees seldom give 2 penalties to the same team in the same match regardless of how many times they get kicked. In a way once you get a penalty against you, you can do a LOT more and chances are the ref won't whistle against you to award a 2nd penalty even if it's worse challenges and that's messed up but something I've noticed over and over again in today's game.

Very good post Sina (as always), i completely agree.

Oh and about Chelsea, IMO their CL performances are somwehat underestimated.

They eliminated Napoli and everybody said Napoli had a bad day.
They eliminated Benfica and everybody said Benfica had 2 unusually bad matches.
Now they won against Barcelona and everybody says Barcelona were unlucky.

I don't think this is a coïncidence, surely Chelsea must do something good...

Last edited:
I gotta love Chelsea's home performance on UCL.

Edit:

Code:
Chelsea	1-0	Barcelona
Chelsea	2-1	Benfica
Chelsea	4-1	Napoli
Chelsea	3-0	Valencia
Chelsea	5-0	Racing Genk
Chelsea	2-0	Bayer Leverkusen

Last edited:
Yep, they've done great!

It's away from home that's been much more erratic with the exception of a good result against Benfica in a place that's not at all easy to play.

you wont win the UCL, but in the unlikely event that you do you'll qualify directly to the group stage, and also if chelsea finish below 4th and win UCL, whoever is 4th in the premier league goes instead to the europa league

Today is the day we should all remember. A day when a 10 men army beats the world's best team including official's advantage and 11 men. This is what I call passion, this is what I call football. Proud to be a Chelsea fan. Keep the blue flag flying high.

Meireles, Terry, Ivanovic are definetly out.. this is a massive blow for Chelsea...however with the luck they had untill now i think they might as well win it in the end...

Torres to score hattrick in final lol..

Back
Top Bottom