Chelsea Thread

tbh i think Drogba is not in plans of AWB, but why get rid of best striker??

Lukaku should be loaned out and Drogba should start..he is 33, but nowhere near his career end imo...

Tottenham would make a great deal if this was true..

Don't think Drogba will end at WHL. Spurs are already in talks with Adebayor so it doesn't make sense Drogba's move at the moment, considering Arry will use a 4-2-3-1 formation.

He might go to Roma or Inter. Yes, he is a fantastic striker but Chelsea already have Lukaku, Anelka, Sturridge and Torres, who seems to be slowly getting shape.

I dont think there are enough ball winners in that team. I can't see Modric, Mata, Malouda or Fwrank winning the ball that much. And I think Ramires isn't physically big enough to win the ball. They're still missing a De Jong or Makalélé style player.

There is talk of Drogba going the other way in the Modric purchase, if that happens I think Chelsea could be written off as contenders.

I don't think they really need a "specific" ball winner in the mold of De-Jong or Makelele, The idea is really that with that lot they should be able to keep possession pretty well, as long as Modric is positionally sound and Ramires hassles and harries the opposition they should be fine.

Europe is obviously when you a go a little more defensive but I don't think it would be a major worry.

Chelsea don't need a specific ball winner, because they have Ramirez who wins balls and can do much more than that...i'm very impressed by him. A very important player for Chelsea.

Chelsea had a homegrown issue. If not, I think they wouldn't need to register Lukaku and he could still feature since he is U21. I remember Milan not registering Pato and yet he could play.

Lukaku is far from the finished product. He is nice young man who has talent and behaves very professional, but at the moment he still has to learn a lot. The fact that Chelsea wanted to loan him out to Stoke says it all.

0000kzyh

:LOL:

I'm so dissappointed with AVB. Seemed like a pretty solid guy, and I was excited he was coming to the prem. But if he's really asking to speak to the referees union about those 2 offsides (and for me the second one isn't even offside when the ball is actually played, replays have the ball still on Evans' foot) then he really is petty.

Put it this way. It's 100x easier for his £50m striker to score on an open goal than a linesman to spot Nani's left toe may have been offside (before beating 3 men and scoring about 7 seconds later).

Football is a disgusting sport sometimes.

I'm so dissappointed with AVB. Seemed like a pretty solid guy, and I was excited he was coming to the prem. But if he's really asking to speak to the referees union about those 2 offsides (and for me the second one isn't even offside when the ball is actually played, replays have the ball still on Evans' foot) then he really is petty.

Put it this way. It's 100x easier for his £50m striker to score on an open goal than a linesman to spot Nani's left toe may have been offside (before beating 3 men and scoring about 7 seconds later).

I agree with you.
But then you must be terrible disappointed in Sir Alex Ferguson, who is doing this for years. Finally i have found somebody who thinks like me. This is exactly the reason why i stopped being a Man Utd fan 11 years ago...and since then it only got worse...

Are you disappointed in Ferguson? I'm quite sure you aren't.

Of course I am. Ferguson is a prat about the officials, and often it's an embarrassment to be a United fan. His comments on Alan Wiley were ridiculous, as are countless other remarks he's made. I know they say show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser, but a 70-odd year knight of the realm should have some friggin dignity.

The only time in recent memory I've 'understood' his comments was after the Chelsea game w/ Atkinson. Not since the Italy S. Korea match have I seen such suspiciously one-sided refereeing. If you'd interviewed me minutes after that ended I would have been just as belligerent.

Personally I hate to see referees criticised. Which is why the interviews after a match are ridiculous, and should be stopped. No one is going to stop watching football because the managers aren't interviewed after the match.

Is this really a surprise for you? Did you not hear him after the Norwich game, giving out to Lambert?

Of course I am. Ferguson is a prat about the officials, and often it's an embarrassment to be a United fan. His comments on Alan Wiley were ridiculous, as are countless other remarks he's made. I know they say show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser, but a 70-odd year knight of the realm should have some friggin dignity.

The only time in recent memory I've 'understood' his comments was after the Chelsea game w/ Atkinson. Not since the Italy S. Korea match have I seen such suspiciously one-sided refereeing. If you'd interviewed me minutes after that ended I would have been just as belligerent.

Personally I hate to see referees criticised. Which is why the interviews after a match are ridiculous, and should be stopped. No one is going to stop watching football because the managers aren't interviewed after the match.

Thanks....hats off to you.

Thing is, the is a rule about offsides for officials while there are no rules for sitters.

Not that I didn't prefer Ancelotti's more honorable approach towards such issues but I think experience has shown which approach benefits teams more.

"The owner didn't pay 15 million Euros to get me out of Porto just to pay me another fortune to get me out."

He doesn`t know Roman like we do eh? Roman views (injured players) if you aren`t able to play you won`t stay!!

btw Cech`s face mask is getting ridiculous I already want one. Soon he`ll be wearing Darth-Vader mask next season

Last edited:
Honestly, I think Roman realises that he should keep AVB for a while. IMO, Roman signed him believing he is the man to refresh the team so he has to give André more time to build a new team. I guess they will push for some new players in January like Alvaro Pereira, João Moutinho (with no CL for Porto, Pinto da Costa has to sell players in order to generate income) and probably Hazard.

Rome wasn't built in a day so isn't Chelsea.

If Chelsea dont win in Leverkusen (and assuming Valencia win at home to Genk) then there will be an insane amount of pressure on him at the start of December. These are their games:

Leverkusen (A)
Wolves (H)
Liverpool (H) (Carling Cup)
Newcastle (A)
Valencia (H)
Man City (H)

They might be Wolves and Liverpool in the Carling Cup (which is of little importance), but the rest could be hard.

honestly i don´t think AVB will be sacked but Chelsea realy don´t excites me to watch.. so i can´t be objective on their season so far..

Gary Neville has given the perfect example. David Luiz was out of control yesterday. Completely lost in translation and I can't realise why that has happened. He used to got a bit emotional but what he showed yesterday was extraordinary. IMO, Luiz is one of the best CBs in the world, but he has to handle his emotions and settle down.

I think Chelsea will bounce back and take the 3rd place, nothing more than that though. There were a few games in which Chelsea has showed some good football display. By the top of my head, Man Utd 2nd half, Valencia, Swansea and Bolton. As I said before, there is plenty of room for an huge improvement and if André manages to get the players he want (Alvaro, Moutinho - this one is THE key piece, he needs him so badly - and an Hazard-type) then Chelsea will be a real threat.

Back
Top Bottom