Chelsea Thread

Hey lads, do somebody know the complete inscription of the Peter Osgood statue at Stamford Bridge? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Found a picture :)

Ossie-plaque.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes with the recent surge in Abramovich era fans, I forget how lovely the true Chelsea fans are:

Bullet addressed to Anton Ferdinand was sent to #QPR, arrived this morning. Met Police now investigating.

Stay classy.

even worse thing is they look completely clueless. poor AVB, these players don't have any ambition whatsoever. credits to everton playing some attractive football till now and landon donovan what a genius player he is, always loved his cool aura on and off the ball.

Chelsea players are old. Torres is such a disgrace to football. Bosingwa should have to replace for Cahill and Ivanovic to play on RB. Bad managing from AVB.

AVB will be gone before the next game I suspect.

(I'm not saying he should go, I just think he will)

Last edited:
Chels were such a force too , it`s not like their best player left . CL will play an important part for AVB `s future. Exiting that and he`ll be gone before the plane leaves the tar pit

Last edited:
I just don't get how Avram f*ckin Grant got more out of these players. Blows my mind.

I like AVB and hope he has a great career, but it's clear he wasn't ready for this. Chelsea have without a doubt one of the top 3 squads in the premier league (I'd argue the strongest in some ways) but to be where they are just isn't good enough.

Torres, Luiz, Mata, Mereiles - some big buys in the last 12 months too.

Unrelated, but has there ever been a more perfect likeness than Moyes and Moe from the Simpsons? Mind blowing stuff.

I just don't get how Avram f*ckin Grant got more out of these players. Blows my mind.

I like AVB and hope he has a great career, but it's clear he wasn't ready for this. Chelsea have without a doubt one of the top 3 squads in the premier league (I'd argue the strongest in some ways) but to be where they are just isn't good enough.

Torres, Luiz, Mata, Mereiles - some big buys in the last 12 months too.

Unrelated, but has there ever been a more perfect likeness than Moyes and Moe from the Simpsons? Mind blowing stuff.

Your way of the mark regarding Chelsea's quality, your comparing the SAME players from 4 years ago also. Theirs a lot of "past it" players at Chelsea combined with some that don't seem to have the hunger anymore. they probably possess the 4th best squad in the country IMO.

Obviously I disagree, I think there's still tons of quality there. Torres, Mata, Sturridge, Meireles, Lampard, Essien, Romeu, Ivanovic, Terry, Cech, Cole, Malouda, Mikel, Drogba - the last 3 might be passed it but they're still better than most teams could hope for.

BTW - what is up with Lukaku? From the next big thing to a pretty ordinary looking bench warmer. Definitely should have kept developing in Belgium methinks.

Sturridge is good but young and similar to Welbeck and I would be worried if he had to carry the whole attack, Mata is awesome nothing more to say, Merieles is decent and a solid player but nothing to shout about (IMO), Romeu looks a decent prospect but again only a prospect, Cole I think is still very good but having a poor season in a defence which has fallen apart.

The rest of the names you mentioned IMO are either past it or just not that good simply.

I still think they are favourates for 4th but they need to rebuild in the same way Arsenal and Liverpool do really, a lot of changes needed.

Ramirez...you forgot Ramirez, he's great.
Chelsea needs to get rid of the old guard: Terry, Lampard, Drogba and maybe Cole and Cech should go and they should build a new team. But Roman and building teams...

The very successfull team that won them much is coming near the end of a cycle, those players should have got "big" transfers a long time ago. Selling them will be difficult now because everybody sees they are not the same player anymore...

On top of that, all or some of those players are aware of the fact that they are not as good anymore, but they still want to play. I suppose that all (or some) of these players are still the leaders in the dressing room and that is not good. On top of that you got a young manager...this is a recipe for disaster.

About Lukaku: i obviously know him and for 3 or 4 years now pundits are saying he's the next big thing. This could be right, but in all this time i haven't seen a single decent match of him...could be a coïncidence, but i doubt it...that's also a reason why our much hyped national team is underachieving, we haven't got a decent goal scoring CF....

Agree with Gerd. Best days are past for half of this squad. Tons of washed up players in there such as Drogba (choking again at Ivory Coast btw), Cole has lost his legs, Cech (hate to say but he has never been the same since the injury), Lampard and so on. Not sure about Terry even though he has to be aware and realise that he's slowly declining. To sum up, some of this guys are going downhill while some others are already in the twilight zone.

Also agree with YoungGun. Chelsea are the 4th force in English football, I still see them a cut above 'Pool and Arsenal. Oh, and talking about the top-flight, people really slept on the Spurs, they have the deepest team in the whole league. I told you so!

Last edited:
Why don't Chelsea just have 5-6 player managers and be done with it? It's clearly them who are calling the shots.

Well I knew it would happen before the CL match! Typical Abramovich reaction, but then again his situation was untenable now.

Players like Terry, Cole, Drog, Lampard and Cech are difficult for the manager. Sometimes you feel like there's no real hierarchy in there. Players questioning managers' tactics? That's bollocks.

Well, I'm not complaining though! I enjoy the cushion Arsenal can have for a CL spot :D

Well I knew it would happen before the CL match! Typical Abramovich reaction, but then again his situation was untenable now.

Players like Terry, Cole, Drog, Lampard and Cech are difficult for the manager. Sometimes you feel like there's no real hierarchy in there. Players questioning managers' tactics? That's bollocks.

Well, I'm not complaining though! I enjoy the cushion Arsenal can have for a CL spot :D

let´s face it, he was their own age... imgaine that on yourself for example...AVB had no authority imho.. he could manage a young team or a team without so much pressure to win and to be allowed also mistakes, not Chelsea i guess...

Chelsea are fucked now. Sacking there manager at this stage of the season is stupid.they should sack the players instead. They are to blame. Not their manager.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

let´s face it, he was their own age... imgaine that on yourself for example...AVB had no authority imho.. he could manage a young team or a team without so much pressure to win and to be allowed also mistakes, not Chelsea i guess...

It's true to some extent, some players were even older than him (Lampard?)

But the same happened with Scolari I guess. Players were questioning tactics and unhappy with a "special" treatment for Deco.

The truth is, with players earning that amount of money, and being high profile players as they are, it's not easy for any manager. Those players have more power than they should. In any other club, a player who questions tactics and the manager's authority would face a lay-off or some punishment. But in Chelsea, how can you justify not playing the biggest stars and highest earners?

Even Ancelotti, who won the league, got the sack at some point... there's no stability there. It's an inhospitable environment for any newcomer manager IMO.

The likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Cole have increasingly more influence, while their performance level drops. The right thing would be for the club to offload them (and their high wages) and replace with ambitious new talent.

Some said the injection of money could stop at some point and the club would be able to run with its own legs. Well, I don't see it happening!

If City is mismanaged like this, you can expect the same in 6 years time.

Back
Top Bottom