Chelsea Thread

@ lo zio You`re right! Ancelotti was very impressive and played exciting football and won things too. We know the obsession of CL trophy is there since Mourinho`s days. I`m referring to a new Coach and a new approach. I`m tire of the amount of coaches that comes and go at Chelsea really it`s worst then RM :P

Yeah that's kinda true. Ancelotti's Chelsea played entertaining football at times but also pretty boring ones at others... mixed bag really.

Gerd, I see what you mean.

to be fair ancelotti's chelsea was quite an attractive team to watch for 1 season and a half..... until that terrible collective form drop.
at the end of the day, the only thing that matters if u wanna mantain your job at stanford bridge is champions league. abramovich seems to be obsessed with it.

i say go for it bro!! and if they ask u about your past professional experiences, u can always say "actually i haven't really any experience as a professional football coach..... but i've played FM... a lot!"
i've already got the perfect nickname for you (mourinho style)... "the persian one" :COOL:

u even already got your 3 letters sig (just like AVB)..... PLF
:P
btw man, what does PLF stand for? i always wanted to ask u this question. i got my money on "Persians Love Foxies", but i'm not quite sure yet :D

:LOL: You're jokes bro. :D

But yah one day I'm gonna call you up when I'm in Italy and have you guide me on what steps to take. :)

Persian Luis Figo, wasn't it? With that Diego Tristan avatar for a while :P

Yessir.

hahah Diego Tristan! What an idiot that guy was lol! :P Another huge talent wasted!

Anyway, let's not hijack the chelsea thread further guys. Let's get back on topic.

If Modric comes, I think Chelsea will be quite scary. And if he doesn't, not. He really is what's missing in my opinion.

One of the world's best players in my opinion by the way. He's one of the few I WOULD gladly pay BIG bucks for! Because tho he'll cost huge, he'll be worth it. :)

Modric PLF? I think he's World Class but I still don't think he's done enough to be in the top tier with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas for example.

A move to Chelsea could help him prove it though.

well it's just my opinion bro but yeah for me he's DEFINITELy world-class and among the world's very finest. It's true, He can play even better and he will over the next couple years and prove all doubters wrong but damn that boy can play! and it was obvious since his Dinamo Zagreb days too! Spurs really pulled off a coup getting him. His talent was obvious to see back then even and every big club wanted him.

Anyway, I have the utmost confidence in this guy. For me, he's one of the few players who can play in ANY team at any level. He's that good. I do rate him similarly to those great players you mentioned. Obviously they have higher profile and have 'won' more but that's also because of the clubs they've been lucky to play for. Modric has won as much as he could've having played in the national team and clubs he has.

Completely agree with you on Modric PLF (but i'm biased because he is my absolute favourite player in today's football and that even before he joined Spurs).
The fact that he seems a lesser player than the players Younggun mentioned is because he is a team player, an utility player who makes his team mates better and those are the real good players IMO.

One more fan of Modric over here. I'm delight to watch this little genius every week.

Had you listen to his address speech?

This is not a one-man show, this is about creating empathy, ambition and motivation in everybody. Maybe I should be called the Group One as I want to group people together and be successful.

Very spot on. I read Gerd opinion about Chelsea's old core and I must say that I share his concerns. These words show that Villas-Boas is trying to gain his team, gain the confidence and trust of his own players, he wants a solid group committed in winning trophies and aiming their goals. The team is more important than the man, a very different perspective in comparison to Mou.

On a side note, Di Matteo is the second in command. Very smart move from Chelsea and AVB. It's always important to have around you a guy who knows well the club.

Hypothetically If Arsenal would pick 1 player btw Maxwell or Abidal. Which would be the best? and Why?

Player plus £30-35 would make me happy :))
oops wrong thread

Last edited:
Ugggghhh so sad. Apparently Essien has done his ACL - again. If true, wouldn't play til the New Year.

Such a monster when fit, but too rarely the case.

I think they've known about his injury problems and it makes signing Ramires make sense, they just need a playmaker next to one of them.

^ What YoungGun said.

Really sad news about Essien. At his best he would probably get into our best team of the last decade along with Maka and Lampard but after serious injuries to both his knees and considering his style of play he's been a different player, I'll be shocked if he ever again reaches his previous level.

We were already a midfielder short and with this injury it's become a priority for the next two months.

Why do you always mention Fabregas between the very best midfielders in the world??? He is good, but certainly not 35mil good, and certainly not better than Xavi, Iniesta, or Modric or Sneijder for that matter

Will that push Chelsea over £100m for the year?

Well, words is Chelsea have signed Mata for £28m. Add that to Torres, Lukaku, Luiz...that's the best part of £130m.

Abramovich is back.

Last edited:
How has the team played today? I got a last time Benfica ticket so I had to go to Lisbon quickly and couldn't watched the game.

By the way, Mata is coming to Stamford Bridge for 28M€ and a bid for Modric worth 30M€ is already in place.

Chelsea were poor tbh. Booed off by their wonderful fans at halftime. Had a good 20 minutes spell in the second half and put WBA under pressure - but they don't look like champions this year.

City are the only team looking good, imo.

Really? Did Chelsea fans boo their team? Gosh, English fans are becoming less patient these days. :LOL:

Yea, I read somewhere that the display in the first half was pretty awful although AVB words inspired the team to bounce back in the second half. The first game against Stoke disappointed me a little bit to be honest, the team seemed to lack some creativity in the midfield and they haven't been good enough exploring the wings, hopefully the inclusion of Mata will help in that department. By the way, Kalou is a "f*cking disgrace". Just a piece missing in the midfield, maybe Modric is coming in to add some creativity.

I think Chelsea will be better next time, they are legitimate contenders in my opinion.

Last edited:
Really? Did Chelsea fans boo their team? Gosh, English fans are becoming less patient these days. :LOL:

Yea, I read somewhere that the display in the first half was pretty awful although AVB words inspired the team to bounce back in the second half. The first game against Stoke disappointed me a little bit to be honest, the team seemed to lack some creativity in the midfield and they haven't been good enough exploring the wings, hopefully the inclusion of Mata will help in that department. By the way, Kalou is a "f*cking disgrace". Just a piece missing in the midfield, maybe Modric is coming in to add some creativity.

I think Chelsea will be better next time, they are legitimate contenders in my opinion.

I will send Terry to visit your mum,sis and missus!! So, win me this game or else Terry won`t be training with the team next week. He`ll be doing house calls and setting up family support meeeting!

Chelsea were poor tbh. Booed off by their wonderful fans at halftime. Had a good 20 minutes spell in the second half and put WBA under pressure - but they don't look like champions this year.

City are the only team looking good, imo.

As of right now only us and City look "convincing", the reason Chelsea look a bit sloppy is because their still trying to get the players they've wanted. Mata and Modric to come in put them right back up their (probably favourites alongside us)

---Ramires--Modric-----
Malouda--Lampard--Mata
--------Torres-------

is a much better and balanced side then the one that played West Brom.

I dont think there are enough ball winners in that team. I can't see Modric, Mata, Malouda or Fwrank winning the ball that much. And I think Ramires isn't physically big enough to win the ball. They're still missing a De Jong or Makalélé style player.

There is talk of Drogba going the other way in the Modric purchase, if that happens I think Chelsea could be written off as contenders.

Back
Top Bottom