Chelsea Thread

Rumours of Ancelotti having agreed to walk have been around for some time now. I won't be either surprised or disappointed but first I'd like to know who will replace him because the names flying around are not an improvement (Van Basten, Rjjkard, Henk ten Cate).
Actually it's more the Argentinian core who leads Benfica. We have only 2 Brazilians in the starting eleven: Luisão and Sidnei. Although there's a certain Portuguese LB who's expected to go in the Summer as we have apparently signed Taiwo.
We're only buying Brazil these days. We've singed a few kids from there apparently Neymar is still a target.
It's been suggested this approach has something to do with the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
By the way , great victory over City, you might gained a new boost in title's race. I hope so.
I wouldn't talk about the title race yet but that victory probably consolidated our top 4 finish and will let us concentrate on the unfortunate holy grail.

Unfortunately he's probably called that for his looks
thumb.php

@ Pipa, Yeah I see it. There are too many different news on Taiwo we better wait and see what happens. Today, OM commercial director, Alexandre Rosee has said that OM won't be able to hold Taye Taiwo. He also said Benfica and Manchester City were in the pole position to sign him (wtf do the City want to sign every footballer???). In normal conditions Benfica wouldn't have any chance of signing a player of this calibre. This time we have a chance because big sharks (including the L'Pool) are interested in another major prize: Fábio Coentrão.

I don't see that hypothetical deal (Torres + cash for Agüero) happening. Yes, Roman wants Kun but Fernando won't gone. Are you imagining both together? It would be awesome!

@ Kostaz, Carlo said if Chelsea want to dream about the title they might win the next 9 matches. It's difficult but not out of the equation. Definitely you are going to retain a top4 spot.

If Neymar is a target then Paulo Henrique should be a target as well. You would't regret to have such a tremendous partnership at Stanford Bridge. However I still think Paulo Henrique is Milan bound (Inter or AC Milan).

By the way, Lucas "the new Kaka'" is very young to depart. Let the boy establish as a São Paulo star.

@ Kostaz, Carlo said if Chelsea want to dream about the title they might win the next 9 matches. It's difficult but not out of the equation. Definitely you are going to retain a top4 spot.

If Neymar is a target then Paulo Henrique should be a target as well. You would't regret to have such a tremendous partnership at Stanford Bridge. However I still think Paulo Henrique is Milan bound (Inter or AC Milan).
I've heard nothing but praise about Ganso but if Swiss Ramble's analysis on our finances is anything to go by our next big transfer will take quite a while and I doubt we'll be able to afford both Brazil's young superstars.

Not to mention that if they're as fantastic as people make them to be I wouldn't trust Chelsea or Ancelotti in developing them. :P
By the way, Lucas "the new Kaka'" is very young to depart. Let the boy establish as a São Paulo star.
As far as I know that's exactly what we are going to do as he won't be able to join us until 2012, giving him some time to develop in Sao Paulo.

I've heard nothing but praise about Ganso but if Swiss Ramble's analysis on our finances is anything to go by our next big transfer will take quite a while and I doubt we'll be able to afford both Brazil's young superstars.

Not to mention that if they're as fantastic as people make them to be I wouldn't trust Chelsea or Ancelotti in developing them. :P
As far as I know that's exactly what we are going to do as he won't be able to join us until 2012, giving him some time to develop in Sao Paulo.

Carlo's biggest mistake was Gourcuff, but people said his personality didn't help and that he had problems being a 'team' player.

You have to remember that Kaka and Pato bloomed under Ancelotti. Kaka took the world by storm and overtook Rui Costa and Rivaldo, forcing them out of the team.... thanks to the way Ancelotti used him.

If anything, I completely trust Ancelotti when it comes to his Brazilian players.

Carlo's biggest mistake was Gourcuff, but people said his personality didn't help and that he had problems being a 'team' player.

You have to remember that Kaka and Pato bloomed under Ancelotti. Kaka took the world by storm and overtook Rui Costa and Rivaldo, forcing them out of the team.... thanks to the way Ancelotti used him.

If anything, I completely trust Ancelotti when it comes to his Brazilian players.
I may be not giving him enough credit for Kaka but I think he practically forced his way into your starting XI on his own and even Ancelotti couldn't ignore his ability.

In his almost 2 years at Chelsea the only thing that could force a young talented player into his plans was his pricetag.

I remember reading that Gourcuff's problem was actually living in Italy and Milan, he was homesick or something like that.

Mourinho got what he wanted. Ancelotti also said he recommended Luiz and Torres but I don't know about that.

Also, interesting to see that for all that chat about Chelsea's ageing spine, Abramovich seems to have gone big to replace it:

Terry -> Luiz
Drogba -> Torres
Anelka -> Lukaku
Lampard -> Modric

Meaning next season could be:

-----------Cech-------------
-Ivano--Alex--Luiz---Cole---
-------Essien-Ramires-------
----------Modric------------
----Torres--------Malouda---
----------Lukaku------------

Bench: Hilario, Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Benayoun, Mikel, McCechran

That's pretty serious imo.

That would mean that Chelsea's best payed player (he has such a contract, always being the best paid player) would be on the bench (Terry).

And right at the moment Lukaku is not at Chelsea, neither is Modric

True, I was more thinking of the future. Terry will have to go eventually, he could also replace Alex.

Modric has basically said he's moving, and if the rumours are to be believed Lukaku has already spoken to Chelsea and is just sorting out conditions. Personally I'd like to see him spend another year in Belgium to develop, but who knows...

I just saw that Modic wants to leave Spurs for Chelsea...as a Spurs fan it breaks my heart, but i can understand Modric. He deserves to play CL every year. He's done a fantastic job for Spurs.

I said it in the EPL Thread a while back but they need a Deep Playmaker and a Inside forward to be a massive force again. Modric fits the bill, Not sure about Lukaku, I think they want him now rather then let him go somewhere else as I don't think he's top level quality just yet.

---------Cech----------
Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole
------Essien-Modric----
--------Lampard-------
-_____---Torres--Malouda

They are after two Belgian players: Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne (who is the more talented of the two). They want Lukaku immediately and want to loan De Bruyne out to Vitesse.

De Bruyne can play CL with his current club Genk (champions) and sees Vitesse as a step back. Another scenario is loaning De Bruyne out to Anderlecht to get a discount for Lukaku, but Genk is opposed to that scenario.

They are after two Belgian players: Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne (who is the more talented of the two).
Could you name any top player similar to De Bruyne? We're linked with everyone so I haven't really had the chance to learn more about him.

Could you name any top player similar to De Bruyne? We're linked with everyone so I haven't really had the chance to learn more about him.

Cristiano Ronaldo, but he is less star and more team player (of course he's not that good).

Another rumour in Belgium: Thibaut Courtois (also from Racing Genk) to Chelsea.
Courtois is a young GK (18), who plays since he was 16 in the Genk first team. You won't believe me, but he has everything to become the best GK in the world. I've never seen a more promising keeper (and i was a GK myself, so i'm not completely ignorant). Some former Belgian GK already consider him the best Belgian GK ever and we have always had great keepers (Preudhomme, Piot, Pfaff).
Chelsea consider Courtois as Cech's successor. This could well haunt me, but IMO Courtois is already better than Cech...the kid is phenomenal. Genk had a fantastic team with De Bruyne, Vossen and other good players, but everybody agrees that Courtois made them champions all by himself. In the deciding play-off match against Standard he performed miracles...

If he really is that good, I don't see why he would join us with Petr having at least 6 more seasons in him. Loaning him back to Genk might probably work but he'll have a better chance of establishing himself in another club.

Back
Top Bottom