Chelsea Thread

This clearly demonstrates that "patience" is a thing of the past...as a Spurs fan i hope Chelsea can lure Redknapp away...

Scolari never got a decent chance...i remember saying that he would be fired before Christmas...after all i wasn't that far off...

Who'd be daft enough to take this job? It's like being Real Madrid manager without the prestige. It also seems like there isn't too much money to spend now. Only a mercenary would take it knowing that if they do nothing, they'll still get a massive pay off.
The club is in a mess.

Sounds like Ray Wilkins is the man for the job.

28rjzub.jpg

The club is in a mess.

Why would Chelsea be in a mess ??? There are other clubs who are more in a mess even if they have been very successfull on the pitch...
Expectations are too high at Stamford Bridge, but otherwise Chelsea is in the same mess as most English teams...when the bubble will burst it will all be over. I frankly don't see much English clubs who are an exception to that rule.

No manager, massive wage bill for an ageing squad, no creativity, defense not playing well, disharmony with players wanting to leave, owner buying players and giving the manager no time to win everything.
Sounds like a mess to me.

I think other clubs like Man Utd or Arsenal or Liverpool are in a similar mess...Need i say more about the Glazier take-over and the loans or about the struggle between Liverpool's American owners ???

I think the big four in England are living above their financial means...until the Glazier take-over that wasn't the case with Man Utd, since then it is.

It's not like this. Not all of them. You know Arsenal doesn't spend like the others.
Also, Ferguson is 23 years in charge, Wenger 13 and Benitez 5 I guess. Chelsea offers no stability to managers or players. I have to agree with marukomu. Chelsea is a mess alright.

They have to be careful before they turn into the kind of mess that doesn't win things (e.g. Spurs and Newcastle)

Hiddink would be a solid choice. Good experience, apparently doesn't have a bad relationship with Abramovich, used to big egos and seems like a respectable fella.

Looks like GH is going to be the man. I have a funny feeling, he'll become permanent (certainly if he does well). The part-time talk sounds like 'politics' to me. I just hope he can deal with the egos and underperformers, no matter what their names are. I suspect there'll be a surge in effort in the next couple of games, with all those fairies trying to impress the new boss.

Hiddink? I'm not sure.

Great manager, great tactician, but as a short term, I can't see him doing well. His philosophy is taking a group of young players, and taking time with them to teach his tactical methods. Can't see Chelsea's ageing squad willing to listen to him.

He's good at team unity, which is exactly what is needed in the short term. If he can get Chelsea perfroming and qualify for next season's CL, then it's job done imo. Let's see how it pans out.

Chelsea's squad is another matter altogether and should be dealt with by the manager who is appointed (i hope early) in the summer. I've said myself it needs an overhaul.

The squad isn't the biggest problem prof...the biggest problem is that the expectations are too high in very short term...

Although since years i have the impression that Chelsea has always needed one final piece of the jigsaw, i don't think the squad is bad...after all they are still fourth.

What they have done wrong IMHO is thatthey only went for big names. Players like Barry, Agbonlahor, Lennon, Walcott (i don't mean them exactly, they are examples) shouldbe Chelsea players...young, eager English players...

Where are Chelsea fans? Anyone here to celebrate the victory last night? Ok, no one here so I will take the helm. :)
Great victory against the Liverpool, once more Hiddink showed everyone he is a fantastic coach, tactically perfect. Sorry reds but we almost did it. Barça is the next opponent and certainly will be a very difficult game against the most spectacular and entertaining football in Europe. Either way I believe in master Hiddink and his smarts.

Come on Blues! Road to Rome! (with FC Porto I hope)

See you (Liverpool) again next year, i guess.

Great game (for the neutral, especially).

Further evidence last night (not that it's needed) that Cech needs:
a) to go
b) compete for his place with another (new) goalkeeper.

Can't see us beating Barca over two legs, however, not unless Guus dreams up a way of stifling their attack.

Back
Top Bottom