Chelsea Thread

Agree.

But If you had Ballack over those 5 years, you would have had more ;)

Exactly :-pp

I really don't think Lampard is a bad player. He is very overrated, and I do feel that he has limited ability compared to other top midfielders. But Lampard is the perfect example of how to make the best of your few strengths. Lampard has a good shot on goal, and can make well timed runs into the box, and with just these 2 abilities, him and Mourinho built the team around him, to get the best out of him (and that was a lot). But his lack of guile and ability does become more evident in big games.

Spot on.

So fortunate to be given the role he has, but because of his accomodation, the whole unit is compromised.

Spot on.

So fortunate to be given the role he has, but because of his accomodation, the whole unit is compromised.

I don't think it was TBH. His position and role suited Essien, Makelele, Drogba, Joe Cole, Robben etc. Mourinho was obviously very clever in the players he bought so that they would fit right into their system. And obviously, that Chelsea team was arguably the best team in the past 10-15 years.

For fucks sake, the guy has racked up 20 goals a season, 20 assists a season for 4 straight years and only likely to miss out this season because he has been injured for nearly half of it!

Please - I'm getting annoyed now. Drop this Ballack is better than Lampard shit. I watch them both week in, week out and you are both plain wrong. You may have the support of most people in this forum, but that means shit to me.

I don't comment on who should be playing for West Ham or Liverpool, and I would appreciate if you would stop telling me who should be playing for Chelsea. It's very condescending, and made worse by the fact that what you are spouting is so very, very stupid.

(I'm being as polite as I can here....)

For fucks sake, the guy has racked up 20 goals a season, 20 assists a season for 4 straight years and only likely to miss out this season because he has been injured for nearly half of it!

Please - I'm getting annoyed now. Drop this Ballack is better than Lampard shit. I watch them both week in, week out and you are both plain wrong. You may have the support of most people in this forum, but that means shit to me.

I don't comment on who should be playing for West Ham or Liverpool, and I would appreciate if you would stop telling me who should be playing for Chelsea. It's very condescending, and made worse by the fact that what you are spouting is so very, very stupid.

Chill out mate, just opinions, that's all :)

Hahhaah fuck me, someone's on their period.

I'm not caning what Lampard has done, merely saying that if he wasn't accommodated into a set system to suit him, you would have had more success over the years in my opinion.
Noone's telling you anything mate. Myself and a few others believe Ballack is better, what's the problem?

I can't stand half the politically correct, prawn sandwich munching bollocks that gets posted on this forum day in day out mate, believe me.
Try not to take it personally... hell if I had over the time spent here I'd be a mess.

Don't turn into a vanzandt :lol: ;)

I don't think it was TBH. His position and role suited Essien, Makelele, Drogba, Joe Cole, Robben etc. Mourinho was obviously very clever in the players he bought so that they would fit right into their system. And obviously, that Chelsea team was arguably the best team in the past 10-15 years.

The best team or their best team?

Mourinho was known for not playing the best football in the world and because of this system, I think it was a bit straightforward and tactically easier to work out when in Europe.

Don't turn into a vanzandt :lol: ;)

I am - I have to do some work so I can't hang about arguing the toss.

Steevio, I've got no problem with you, indeed I respect your opinions on all but one subject - It's just that what you are saying is so very stupid. Seriously, it's like talking to someone who thinks the world is flat (:-pp).

Worse still we keep having this conversation again and again! Enough!!!

Of course you were a good team, just not as good as Man Utd now or Arsenal in about 2003(ish?)

... and West Ham right now.

Lampard? Bollocks... Carlton fucking Cole, now there's a player.

Imagine we had the Football Genius back from Rangers? We'd be unstoppable..

Good post mate, I agree. Lampard is a very important player for Chelsea - I'd take him over Ballack any day. He see's things Ballack doesn't, is more suited to the English game, scores a stupid amount of goals for a midfielder and he gets into goal scoring positions more regularly than Ballack.

I think Lampard is a very talented and intelligent midfielder. But everytime I visit Evo-Web these days it's the same people on the "Lets bash Lampard" bandwagon which is getting very boring now.

Not a bandwagon mate, my views on Frank Lampard Jnr have not changed in about 10 years.
He is and always has been a very fortunate person and player.

Look, I agree that Lampard is a quality player.
What I am saying is if Ballack was in the position that Lampard is in... NOT in the same team.
Ballack for me, has that extra nous and technical ability needed to make it at the top level.

The best team or their best team?

Mourinho was known for not playing the best football in the world and because of this system, I think it was a bit straightforward and tactically easier to work out when in Europe.

95 points wasn't it? Set a new bar when it comes to points required for the league. Few would argue that they were a unbelievable domestic side. Never bought into the 'don't play best football' argument for Mourinho. Sure it was not champagne football, but it was affective, and almost machine like. They kept possession, they could attack in numbers, were solid defensively, and could always score 2-3 goals just to show that they could.

Of course you were a good team, just not as good as Man Utd now or Arsenal in about 2003(ish?)

2 Points:
Man Utd are only 3 points clear of us, and we're not very good. So, logically, just how good are they really? Do you remember any team coming close to us when we won the league?

Arsenal in 2003/4 were very, very good. Chelsea won the league in 2004/5. What do you think that means? ;))

Most points in a season for a top-flight-team (3 points for a win): 95, Chelsea, (Premiership, 2004-05)

Fewest league goals conceded in a season: 15, Chelsea (Premier League, 2004-05)

Most wins in a season (38 games): 29, Chelsea (2004-05, 2005-06)

Most home wins in a season (38 games): 18, Chelsea (2005-06)

Most away wins in a season (38 games): 15, Chelsea (2004-05)

Longest consecutive run without conceding a goal in the league: 1,025 minutes, Petr Čech (for Chelsea, 2004-05)

Most clean sheets in one season: 24, Petr Čech (for Chelsea, 2004-05)

Right, I'm off.

I fear Chelsea the most in England - they are capable of winning their third title in 4 years right now. They're a fucking big squad full of talent and can beat ANYONE on their day.

So you're not bitter in any way that he left West Ham for Chelsea?

Not really.
Carrick went Spurs, Cole went Chelsea... and both get a great reception from our fans.

It's just a convenient thing to say to a West Ham fan when they dare to question Lampard.
Lampard is just a horrible, odious human being.

(ps butcher fan... I have never done stats.. it's a mugs game ;) )

Lol Steevio - what happened to your critique of Lampard the midfielder?

Your views on Super Frank carry as much credibility as a Labour politician! :LOL:

That wasn't an indictment on Lampard the midfielder (a very good midfielder), more a side note.. off topic like.

It also does become tiresome when a West Ham fan cannot have a balanced view on Lampard without getting accused of bitterness.

*sigh*

Anyway... fuck him, let's talk about Bernard Lambourde..

Been playing for the reserves. He was unfit when he arrived (Russian league shuts down for the winter) but he seems to be doing ok from what I have heard. Haven't seen him myself though. No idea how much he cost.

Is Essien injured or something? Didnt he miss the first leg? I'd be surprised if he was left out, one of the best midfielders out there.

Back
Top Bottom