Champions League 2012/13

Gut wrencher of a loss of a goal in the last few seconds.

Did well against Barca, but you always need to concentrate to the very end as they have so much quality that keeps on going.

FD

I really felt gutted for Celtic Frank. they didn't deserve that. All in all they are doing splendid.

Most people here know that i like Chelsea, but yesterday i was glad Donetsk won against them. I like their football. This will prove to be a difficult group...Chelsea might regret the home draw against Juventus...

I really felt gutted for Celtic Frank. they didn't deserve that. All in all they are doing splendid.

Most people here know that i like Chelsea, but yesterday i was glad Donetsk won against them. I like their football. This will prove to be a difficult group...Chelsea might regret the home draw against Juventus...

Juventus might regret 3 draws :BOP:

I agree, last night was a must win for us. Fortunately, we have Nordsjaelland at home next. If we were to have Shakthar away next, I think it would have been very hard to qualify. Now if Chelsea and Shakthar draw in London, which isn't unlikely, and we beat both Nordsjaelland and Chelsea at home, we advance no matter what the result is for our last match in Donetsk.

He is, but I reckon he has developed a liking for them considering the current stream of Belgian players at Chelsea.

Gerd is just a different bloke ....he's 1st a football fan before any alliances. His post has very little bias to any clubs . His club is Genk and he supports Tottenham.....his views are so refreshing , because he so open minded.Also, his daughter supports Chels I think

Last edited:
Gerd is just a different bloke ....he's 1st a football fan before any alliances. His post has very little bias to any clubs . His club is Genk and he supports Tottenham.....his views are so refreshing , because he so open minded.Also, his daughter supports Chels I think

OOPS...thanks...that is too kind.

Bebo says that because i'm a Spurs fan who is fond about Arsenal...
Yes my daughter is a Chelsea fan, but i've always liked them...even before Abramovich. I remember a Cup final against Leeds Utd in the 70's...i guess it started then. I was fond of their GK Peter Bonetti.

About the Belgians at Chelsea: there will be 3 Belgians that are better than Hazard: Courtois, De Bruyne (he is already better than Hazard) and in the future Charlie Musonda junior.

A couple of years ago we had an amazing under 16 national team. With world class players like Charlie Musonda Junior, Schrijvers (Genk); Trossard (Genk); Adnan Januzaj (Man Utd) and others. The people who first stumbled upon Eden Hazard pretend that in that team there were 6 or 7 players that were better than Hazard at the same age. It seems too good to be true, but Charlie Musonda Junior is something special...Except the two Genk players, all those players play for big foreign teams like Man Utd, City, Chelsea, Lazio...

Gut wrencher of a loss of a goal in the last few seconds.

Did well against Barca, but you always need to concentrate to the very end as they have so much quality that keeps on going.

FD

Very well fought mate. Celtic always makes us struggle at the Nou Camp, for some reason. I think Celtic is the opponent with better history of results at our stadium this century (probably tied with Chelsea).

Besides, it's always a pleasure to host your fans here. We get along very well, we sell them a lot of beers and we always end up celebrating together no matter the result. Best fans ever to come to the stadium, I swear. And I've been going to the stadium for more than 30 years.

I really felt gutted for Celtic Frank. they didn't deserve that.

I felt gutted for them and celebrated didn't celebrate the goal as usual. But to be honest, Barcelona deserved a bigger (and sooner) win. It wasn't fair for Celtic to concede in the last second.

If football was fair, Barcelona should have won 3 points and Celtic 1 additional point for the effort, the discipline and the fact they made it difficult being a much smaller team.

I would be delighted if you guys get the 2nd spot in the group.

He is, but I reckon he has developed a liking for them considering the current stream of Belgian players at Chelsea.

I think he has a small (by now) reason for that as well...

Last edited:
Thanks mate, it's always a very good atmosphere and there seems to be a great bond with the clubs. I saw a big Tri-Colour (I know technically it's not Celtic official colours, more heritage colours) being waved by a Barca fan and after the game Celtic songs were being played over the address system.

Thought we kept Messi quiet, but thought Xavi and Alba were magnificent and caused us problems all night.

Huge gulf in class, but we're a young team and have been put together for not a lot of money.

Hopefully we'll get 2nd place, but it'll be tough. We've done well in Europe considering.

FD

Man City will do well to reach Europa League by the looks of it.

Watched the Montpellier game, my god, they are a poor poor team. Mind you as soon as I saw John Utaka in their team, I knew the writing was on the wall. Mind you well done to Olympiakos.

Even though Arsenal got beat, they'll qualify, looking at the likes of a Montpellier who'll be easy meat at the Emirates.

FD

OOPS...thanks...that is too kind.

Bebo says that because i'm a Spurs fan who is fond about Arsenal...
Yes my daughter is a Chelsea fan, but i've always liked them...even before Abramovich. I remember a Cup final against Leeds Utd in the 70's...i guess it started then. I was fond of their GK Peter Bonetti.

About the Belgians at Chelsea: there will be 3 Belgians that are better than Hazard: Courtois, De Bruyne (he is already better than Hazard) and in the future Charlie Musonda junior.

A couple of years ago we had an amazing under 16 national team. With world class players like Charlie Musonda Junior, Schrijvers (Genk); Trossard (Genk); Adnan Januzaj (Man Utd) and others. The people who first stumbled upon Eden Hazard pretend that in that team there were 6 or 7 players that were better than Hazard at the same age. It seems too good to be true, but Charlie Musonda Junior is something special...Except the two Genk players, all those players play for big foreign teams like Man Utd, City, Chelsea, Lazio...
I make it easy sometimes...transparency! not! :LOL:

Shamelessly copy and pasted from the Guardian's comments section but makes nice reading:

Vermeer - youth product
Van Rhijn - youth product
Alderweireld - youth product
Moisander - 2.5m
Blind - youth product
Eriksen - youth product
Poulsen - free
Schone - free
Sana - 250k
De Jong - youth product
Babel - free (originally a youth product)
Total cost: 2.75m

Shamelessly copy and pasted from the Guardian's comments section but makes nice reading:

Vermeer - youth product
Van Rhijn - youth product
Alderweireld - youth product
Moisander - 2.5m
Blind - youth product
Eriksen - youth product
Poulsen - free
Schone - free
Sana - 250k
De Jong - youth product
Babel - free (originally a youth product)
Total cost: 2.75m

Hey, City played Richards. ;)

I was just reacting to the moronic "failure" post about the money division when Moisander scored...that was a very nice moment...not that i have anything against City...but sometimes...

You enjoyed it as a result of your own failure in reading comprehension.

Little bit embarrassed for you tbh.

Frank, i haven't seen Montpellier this year, but last year they were absolutely sensational. To beat both PSG and Lille with hazard and a (very good) Joe Cole over 38 matches was a fantastic achievement. I haven't seem him this year, but last season Belhanda was phenomenal.

This season Montpellier clearly have growing pains. They lost one of their most important players (Giroud) and didn't want to break the bank to compete in the CL. This nearly always happens to litle clubs who reach the champions league. Either they are ridiculized or they do well but have financial troubles afterwards (just read my piece in the blog thread on this forum).

PS: about the reading comprehension, i've reacted in the Chelsea thread, i still think i'm right. But if i'm wrong, bear in mind that i'm not a native English speaker, i feel there is nothing i should be embarassed about concerning my English, even if i make mistakes...

Last edited:
Impossible to bet, maybe only single matches... I mean who can predict City, Real loss, Juve tie and other crazy stuff like Spartak 2-1 Benfica....

Seriously MANCINI PLEASE GO AWAY!
Real got great lesson at Sigduna Iduna Park!

When Juve will win :( ?

308743_10151310349320185_67572714_n.jpg
Lack of experience cost for Montpellier.

Back
Top Bottom