Champions League 2012/13

Barcelona's pressing is insane.. Its amazing how they got their fitness back in 2 weeks after the little dip in form they had.

Props to Milan though, they're building a nice young side.. unlike us.. :P

great win by Galatasaray , I was flying for every goal they score and they were really great team tonight , im so glad they won it and go thru , I hope they wont face Barca next round :/

Barca was great tonight , Milan should score that only chance they had to make it 1-1 so everything would be different I think ! but they didnt score that and i knew they wont get any good chances like that anymore !

I dont like saying it but im afraid they are going to win this CL , and I dont want this happen , everyone just not Barca :D

Congrats to Gala.
It was a interesting match. Unfortunately Schalke played a bad first half and commited too many serious errors so it was easy for Gala to scroe.
Nice goals by Hamit and Burak. Second half was better and thrilling.
Schalke became stronger but the precission was missing.

Best player on the field, though we lost: Julian Draxler. Amazing performance once again. I hope he will stay at Schalke for a long period of time... ;)

hello!!! :BYE:

4-0

bye bye milan :BOP:

all days, aren't holidays...

best regards.
face_palm.gif

4-0

best regards.

You are the most annyoing and ridicolous "member" of this forum.
I knew that this kind of silly posting would follow after Barca moving into next stage. You are pathetic kid...

Just for you I hope Barca - Real will be the draw for next round with the results of the last two clasicos... :D

You are the most annyoing and ridicolous "member" of this forum.
I knew that this kind of silly posting would follow after Barca moving into next stage. You are pathetic kid...

Just for you I hope Barca - Real will be the draw for next round with the results of the last two clasicos... :D

ok, this is football.

4-0

best regards.

Hope you enjoyed wiping the shit off your pants. No matter what happened tonight, Milan schooled Barca in the first leg, and not many teams do that, especially since Milan's squad was full of kids.

Well done Messi - proving his critics wrong again.

I can swear to god that before the game I saw someone here wrote that Barça would beat Milan 4-0, Messi would score the first two goals and that he would get the first one in just five minutes too! I just don't know where the hell is that post now. it's creeping the shit out of me...

edit: heh, I just found it. that was on a turkish forum and it was the dream a member there saw last week as he said. and he was telling us to sell our houses and cars, even our left kidneys and bet all the money on it. :LOL:

Last edited:
Ronaldinho_23 just becouse your team won, you don´t have to write as disrespectfull to other members as you did... Just have some respect and don´t be a prick..

Barca fans never were arrogant, but now they are doing better last decade, many success fans joined in... to bad, but it´s inventable..

Milanista is a good guy, he doesn´t deserve such words, so you should at least say sorry, but i know you won´t..

This is cruel to the bone!Milan looked beat before the 1st gol. I was hoping for a different out come. Is it me ,that Messi didnt look to happy w/ Villa `s goal? He showed up late to celebrate?

I can swear to god that before the game I saw someone here wrote that Barça would beat Milan 4-0, Messi would score the first two goals and that he would get the first one in just five minutes too! I just don't know where the hell is that post now. it's creeping the shit out of me...

edit: heh, I just found it. that was on a turkish forum and it was the dream a member there saw last week as he said. and he was telling us to sell our houses and cars, even our left kidneys and bet all the money on it. :LOL:

Can you shere the link )) ?

Visca Barsa!

Milan should be proud about 2-0 at home, taking into account a terrible start of the season.

Well they did it, 4-0 and business done. When you have a genius like Messi, it makes things easier. But the score line was very unflattering to AC Milan. If you think how Barca's 2nd goal was offside and the 4th was mainly due to Robinho's stupidity, it was closer than it looks.

Closer? Im not sure what match did you see, but i saw a one-sided one. Mentioning Messi´s offside when theres a clear penalty over Pedro in the first half is, simply, biased. Recovering from a 2-0 disadvantage is a tough job, but brilliant done by this epic team. Milan lost a good chance to go through.

Closer? Im not sure what match did you see, but i saw a one-sided one. Mentioning Messi´s offside when theres a clear penalty over Pedro in the first half is, simply, biased. Recovering from a 2-0 disadvantage is a tough job, but brilliant done by this epic team. Milan lost a good chance to go through.

I'm not sure you saw the first leg. You do know Milan won it 2-0, don't you? That's why it was close, if Milan scored an away goal (which they almost did) then I don't think Barcelona would have gone through.

The match was 3-0 until injury time, when a goal for Milan would knock Barcelona out. That's how close I'm talking about.
Instead, Barca went and scored the 4th instead, but it could have gone the other way.

One of the best team and individual performances i ever witnessed.
That first goal, that Xavi pass to Villa for the third goal.

About the ref, i completely disagree with you rentboy. I think you would be an awfull referee. Why ? You only compare individual incidents. I would never have given Sanchez a yellow card. Why ? This was a perfectly fair match. A referee should also consider the match "atmosphere". Yesterday's match didn't need too much interference from the ref...

And about Van Persie's second yellow a couple of years ago: i still think Van Persie deserved that. At that time he was loosing it completely...he could have hurt somebody later one. Sancheze was completely calm.

As much as i loved barcelona to win, i knew that idiot would come back...can't we open a kindergarten section for him and that Madrid moron ?

One of the best team and individual performances i ever witnessed.
That first goal, that Xavi pass to Villa for the third goal.

About the ref, i completely disagree with you rentboy. I think you would be an awfull referee. Why ? You only compare individual incidents. I would never have given Sanchez a yellow card. Why ? This was a perfectly fair match. A referee should also consider the match "atmosphere". Yesterday's match didn't need too much interference from the ref...

And about Van Persie's second yellow a couple of years ago: i still think Van Persie deserved that. At that time he was loosing it completely...he could have hurt somebody later one. Sancheze was completely calm.

As much as i loved barcelona to win, i knew that idiot would come back...can't we open a kindergarten section for him and that Madrid moron ?

What a game by Barcelona to start with :DD

gerd the decision against Van Persie was just wrong. You mention about it being justified because of Van Persies temprent at the time?! I just don't understand this, wouldn't a better course of action to tell him to calm down and get his captain or team mates to calm him down? Not send him off for a ridiculous second yellow and it was absolutely ridiculous. Ever since I have seen people do exactly what van Persie did, even take a lot longer to shoot and they never got a yellow, never just like the Barcelona player never got a yellow yesterday.

At the time Arsenal were getting outplayed but we were frustrating Barcelona and wih that scoreline we would have been through, they were getting angry as well and it resulted in one of our players getting fouled and being dragged up by a Barcelona player (and it was a foul) this is what started all the bad feeling, in that a barcelona player grabbed one of our players by the throat and never got a yellow and he for sure didn't get a second yellow for time wasting time or another lame excuse for a card because he showed that he was angry later in the game?

5 arsenal players got yellows in that game and none for Barcelona, even though one of our players got dragged off the floor and grabbed by the throat.. If the ref was so concerned about players being angry then at least a couple of Barcelona players would have had yellows and in the case of the neck grab a red.

So the argument the ref did it because he was worried about Van Persie and his attitude/temper just holds no weight for me. It was one of the worst decisions I have ever seen, much worse than the Nani red IMO.

Anyway it was long ago now......Im not bitter ;))

Last edited:
Exactly Bob, well remembered. I think it was Abidal who grabbed Van Persie by his throat - what is this if not an aggressive action? He got away with it scot free.
And then when Van Persie took that shot the ref (Massimo Busaca) didn't even hesitate.
I think the letter of the law works strictly only for some teams. This is what sickens me about UEFA refs in particular. Of course we see injustices in the Premier League and other leagues around the world, but the ones we see at the CL, a world class stage, are shocking.

Gerd, I don't see myself as a ref too often but one thing I would aim for is impartiality and look at things in an objective manner. I don't agree with this rule of booking players for shooting on goal after a whistle, but if it's a rule it should be applied to anyone.

Anyway, we're discussing something that would make little difference for Barcelona or Milan yesterday, but for Arsenal it did a great difference that time. It just comes to show how Arsenal gets the wrong end of the stick too often, often enough to make some of us paranoid.

Just for the record, I don't think Arsenal get more harshly treated than other teams, just that that decision against us that night was extremely poor.

Final 8 in Europe. Very proud of my team, even dough they were very bad in the second half. First half was excellent. There are no weak opponents in the quarter final, so I'm looking forward to the confrontations.

Situation was very similar to ours vs Madrid, Barcelona needed 2 goals in 30 minutes on the clock and Arsenal were doing well, the red card just created a sea of Barcelona attacks leading to the inevitable.

Situation was very similar to ours vs Madrid, Barcelona needed 2 goals in 30 minutes on the clock and Arsenal were doing well, the red card just created a sea of Barcelona attacks leading to the inevitable.

To be honest we were getting bummed throughout the match, at least Man United deserved their lead etc. BUT they were not getting the goals they needed and there was a chance we could have held them off for the rest of the match with everybody on the pitch.....but we will never know, much like the Man United/Real game.

didn't you score 5-10 minutes prior to the sending off with just 30-35 minutes to go.

I remember thinking Barcelona looking slightly shot and Arsenal gaining the ascendancy?

Final 8 in Europe. Very proud of my team, even dough they were very bad in the second half. First half was excellent. There are no weak opponents in the quarter final, so I'm looking forward to the confrontations.

I won't say you were bad team at all , you were leading 2-1 after HT and played some great football in 1st half , than 2nd half I dont wait you atack or something , you got result in your hands and you even had luks to get a goal and still go thru , so I expect Galata close in defense and try to finish match 2-1 or even 2-2 which is normal coz they dont need to atack now Schalke were team that have to follow the result and had presion in they'r sholders !

I just hope you get one of Porto/Malaga or even PSG in next round , I want to see galata on top 4 as well ;)

didn't you score 5-10 minutes prior to the sending off with just 30-35 minutes to go.

I remember thinking Barcelona looking slightly shot and Arsenal gaining the ascendancy?

From what I remember our goal was completely against the run of play and an own goal I think? I need to check (I seem to remember people saying we scored with no shots on goal :LOL: )

They were dominating us as usual, but our defence wasn't doing to badly and we were keeping them at bay somewhat. After the goal we got a bit more confidence and the frustration showed with Barcelona acting the way they did. But we were never playing well, they were miles better than us. But we could have held onto that 1-1 score line or even at 2-1 we could have maybe got to Pens and then who knows what would have happened? again we will never know :((

That match Arsenal did not have a single shot, not on goal, not wide, not blocked :P

Goal was an Busquets own goal after a corner.

That match Arsenal did not have a single shot, not on goal, not wide, not blocked :P

Goal was an Busquets own goal after a corner.

My memory is that despite being outplayed Arsenal should STILL have won - Bendtner got a one on one late on and played it straight into Valdes didn't he?

I won't say you were bad team at all , you were leading 2-1 after HT and played some great football in 1st half , than 2nd half I dont wait you atack or something , you got result in your hands and you even had luks to get a goal and still go thru , so I expect Galata close in defense and try to finish match 2-1 or even 2-2 which is normal coz they dont need to atack now Schalke were team that have to follow the result and had presion in they'r sholders !

You have not seen the match, have you?
Gala was not bad at all, but second half they almost stopped playing football and were very lucky that Schalke have not scored the 3rd goal.
In the end they deserved proceeding into next round - with such individual mistakes Schalke players did in both matches you can not expect to proceed into next stage. After both games I would say Schalke was just a little bit stronger than Gala, but Gala showed much more effeciency and Burak Yilmaz was lethal once again.
I wonder how long he will stay in Istanbul.

I wish good luck for next round. But better remove Sneijder of starting squad - he became really poor since his trouble at Inter. Drogba was a good pcik, but Sneijder wasn't...

You have not seen the match, have you?
Gala was not bad at all, but second half they almost stopped playing football and were very lucky that Schalke have not scored the 3rd goal.
In the end they deserved proceeding into next round - with such individual mistakes Schalke players did in both matches you can not expect to proceed into next stage. After both games I would say Schalke was just a little bit stronger than Gala, but Gala showed much more effeciency and Burak Yilmaz was lethal once again.
I wonder how long he will stay in Istanbul.

I wish good luck for next round. But better remove Sneijder of starting squad - he became really poor since his trouble at Inter. Drogba was a good pcik, but Sneijder wasn't...

I did see whole match with way much more attention than than Barca vs Milan one !

and im not saying anything bad about Schalke , what im saying is that Galata played some really good football in 1st half , they were atacking more from start and than schalke score , they score a really great goal , than 2nd goal too for make it 2-1 AFTER this they try to "save" that 2-1 which for me was normal for a team playing away and with that result they go to top 8 so what i wait for a team in this situation is try to save that and defend until last (there is no reason to put team in dangerous and try to score 3-1 when you can take a goal more easy on fast atacks) schalke has "pressure" (I mean psychological pressure) coz they were out of CL with that result , they played good after scored once and had some good chances but they didn't score.... I would say Galata deserve it and I was happy for turkish football & turkish people in general !

My memory is that despite being outplayed Arsenal should STILL have won - Bendtner got a one on one late on and played it straight into Valdes didn't he?

Yeah that could have been the making of Bendtner......but he fluffed it

Back
Top Bottom