Champions League 2012/13

Hey i'm not taking anything away from Milan, they played better and won it fair and square, it's just that his comment was a bit unreal, it's not like Milan won on an open play match, they defended well and counted heavily on counters. I'm no Barça fan boy either but it's almost impossible to win a game against Barça when the match is more open, there's only one team that can actually do so and it's Bayern (i was so looking forward to that match-up).

IMO a hands ball does not need to be intentional the be a handsball (imo the Zapata ball never was hands...). If a defender jumps and the touches his lower arm wqhich isn't against his body, it will always be penalty even if it never was intentional. Anyway how can a ref decide what is intentional or not.

don't be afraid of ramos, pepe and arbeloa. they are turning to be some total idiots more than being a nasty diver like di maria and would do more harm to real than manu players would if things get difficult for them. but then again, games like those need a proper refereeing of course.

It means he's the biggest cheating cunt of them all when it comes to diving.

Nobody dives more than he does.

No one can beat Drogba's trademarked 'shot in the back and crazy 1m off the ground leap' dive.

Drogba_Dive8.jpg

Hey, sorry to be going off-topic a bit, but i was reading articles on past players and the number of Champions League trophies they have won or missed, and I started to wonder, do the players named on the winning side of the final get the medals only?? How does that work? Cause i know that the EPL and most leagues award the medals to players who have played a specific number of matches, but is the CL only for the final??

So if i have a player who played every match but was suspended or injured for the final and couldn't play that one match, will he not get the medal then???

I remember reading (think it was Roy Keane's biography) that Keane and Scholes got medals for the 1999 final despite being suspended.

Hell, Jonathan Greening's got a medal from that final despite just being named on the bench and not playing a minute in Europe throughout the season.

Yeah I'm pretty sure final or not you do get medals. Anything else wouldn't make sense and would be unfair.

Explain me your avatar amineken...it's quite an obscure and veiled statement. I don't get it...

TBH i don't feel like explaining myself, but since you asked "so nicely", i'll try to briefly sum up for you what's going through my head at the time.

Well firstly it's no secret that i was strongly against hiring Rafa, i believe it's the worst decision Abra made since selling the glass man.

So instead of taking the hostile side like most the so called Chelsea fans did, i decided to give it time and at least have some reasons to go down that road too, so i watched, re-watched and then re-watched all of the 25 matches we played under his management so far; So first there was the CL elimination (which was quite predictable), then there was the CWC final lost to a much weaker side (their Gk was absolutely amazing, but other than that they literally did nothing the whole match) mind you i still wasn't upset, i knew the team needed time to adapt to his tactical scheme.......... well now, Now it's a bit different, things started to get much complicated: we already lost 2 of our titles races, we're in a very weak position , sure there's hope but sometimes it's not enough even for such an unpredictable sport. We're half way though, the end is near and it's time to evaluate the work done so far.

There was some good things about his time so far, i'm not denying that. He was smart enough to see that Luiz's qualities makes him a natural contender for the DM position, he (Benítez) fixed the mess that was left out in the back and gave the defence more composure, he also restored Lamps rightfully earned spot in the team. In In contrast to all of his achievements, Benítez made several other mistakes like: preferring Torres in the striker role ahead of Ba, being to much cautious in his tactics (so too naïve too), limiting the role of Mazcar (they were so great when each one of em played like a free neutron) and so forth.....

So hopefully this an enough answer to your question, if there's more i'll gladly explain further or even review any of my points if proved wrong :SMUG:

Am I the only one excited about tonight then?! Two mouth watering clashes and I honestly don't know which game I'll watch live. Guess I'll switch back and forth!

What's everyone's predictions?

Manchester United is England's last hope.

it's been more ten years the wait for the 'la decima' and I'm sure Mourinho wants this year's title so bad as well but I've a strange feeling since the day they've drawn that United will go through. as far as I know myself that strange feeling in me have rarely failed. but too bad it always failed when I tried to bet some cash on it.

imo, sir alex will be the deciding factor of that game.

on the other hand, I simply hate the fixture because I will have to miss one of those great football exhibitions. and for the other game, I predict that Shakhtar will go through at the end. I have a big trust on Lucescu.

im going with my dad and my buddy's (all united fans) to watch match at pub to watch match's , glad there are to many tv's and they will show up both matchs , honestly im more interest to watch BVB vs Shaktar match than Utd vs Real , since I believe that match will have more class and good football than this other one ! but there about 99% of people will be to watch Utd. vs Real match so I guess me too i'll pay more attention to that also since im going to watch it with united fans I hope I'll be happy one in the last and joke with my friends and dady , if united win than im on trouble since i been provoking them all this week so they gonna kick my ass if they go thru lol

my predict is 1-2 for Madrid

about BVB (my fav team this CL so far) match I'm really afraid Shaktar is going to win today , I hope they dont and BVB go thru I really do just im not so possitive . I think that BVB would do better with teams like Milan , Real , United and this teams , Shaktar its worst fixture they can get in this CL I guess

I'll say 1-1 or 2-1 for this match too !

As you say both are potentially good matches, I'm edging towards watching the Dortmund v Shakhtar match as both (well certainly Shakhtar) have great attackers but slightly suspect defences so there could be more goals in that. Dortmund have, usually, a great defence but it seems Hummels might be a doubt with flu so that could create a bit of a weakness there. Overall I think Dortmund will just edge it as the two away goals give them a slight buffer, the other one I would think is 50:50, like Mourinho said after the first leg.

Think it'll be Real and Dortmund that go through. Both should be excellent matches though, not sure why one would expect more class from the other.

Football hipster choice obviously equals Dortmund and Shaktar, but to dismiss a United v Real match as second-choice for me just says something about personal bias against one of the two.

I have no idea how tonight will go, no idea how we'll line up, if we'll be more offensive than in Madrid or whatever.

All I know is the next hour and a half can't go quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom