Champions League 2012/13

Yeah that's the game I watched live since I was looking forward to these two teams and their extremely attractive attacking football battle each other ever since the draw was made.

I was not disappointed. The game was very competitive, full of close control in tight spaces, good counter-attacking football and yeah I'd say Dortmund have the advantage now.

Best part about all this? I had put $92 on a 2-2 draw scoreline and made a little over a $1000 off that bet! :D

Yeah that's the game I watched live since I was looking forward to these two teams and their extremely attractive attacking football battle each other ever since the draw was made.

I was not disappointed. The game was very competitive, full of close control in tight spaces, good counter-attacking football and yeah I'd say Dortmund have the advantage now.

Best part about all this? I had put $92 on a 2-2 draw scoreline and made a little over a $1000 off that bet! :D

tumblr_m8e4fzu4aY1qhehmxo1_250.gif

Last edited:
PLF said:
Best part about all this? I had put $92 on a 2-2 draw scoreline and made a little over a $1000 off that bet!
wow! :CONFUSE: did u tell your lady about it? coz if u did, i guess someone is gonna expect quite an expensive valentine's day gift :P

about yesterday's games.... the more i watch that varane kid, the more i'm impressed!! :))

Last edited:
Someone said C. Ronaldo never scores in big match, right?

On the other hand, Taison is a very good player, I believe he'll steal Hulk's place in Seleçao, if only Shakhtar's players won't be so overlooked by coaches.

Last edited:
Taison should do a good job of replacing Willian but it's still way too early and he likes to hog the ball, we'll see how it turns out.... Willian is still much better I would say but for that price, Shakhtar had to let him go and Taison will do a good job. Don't forget they still have Douglas Costa on the bench even!!

@Ben, yes I did and though she didn't expect it, I already spent half of that on a very nice gift which she'll love! ;)

And yes Varane AND Verratti are very impressive!

Verratti is the new Pirlo I think. It's a shame him and Ibra will be missing for the 2nd leg. Valencia has a lifeline now, still probably won't get through but at least it's not game over like it looked like it might be.

Do you reckon they'll go with Gamerio for Ibrahimovic or just stick Lavezzi almost on his own upfront and put in a more defensive midfielder (say start with Armand)? I think he'll be conservative and do the latter, even a 1-0 defeat will see PSG through and I think Valencia will struggle to score more than one.

Unstoppable!! :D

@Edmundo, I would play Gameiro to be honest but I think Carlo will opt for the latter/more conservative option as well.

Having said that with Verratti missing, he needs somebody to take over the playmaking duty as well a little bit.

Watched the Celtic game and i really feel for them...Juventus showed so much more maturity and skill...enthousiasm isn't enough to win from good Italian teams...

I would have loved to see Shakthar - Borussia but Madrid- Man Utd was a very good match. Hats of to United for that second half after Real overwhelmed them the first half. And that first half was evidence how good United are, even if they are dominated they still create danger and goals...

All the away teams from the first rnd are in good positions.

Although with the exception of Juve they are still in the balance.

Wonder what this week will bring.

FD

Good news for PSG is that while Zlatan and Verratti will be missing the 2nd leg, so will Adil Rami the man who gave Valencia a glimmer of hope with his late goal.

Today, I would have wanted to place a big bet on Bayern to advance through to Quarter-finals after two legs but the price is way too steep. :/

It seems the odd-makers correctly know that Arsenal's chances are slim over two legs.

I would give Arsenal a 20-30% chance of progressing and it seems they agree. Bayern are huge favorites and now the price is not realy worth betting anymore. :/

Good news for PSG is that while Zlatan and Verratti will be missing the 2nd leg, so will Adil Rami the man who gave Valencia a glimmer of hope with his late goal.

Today, I would have wanted to place a big bet on Bayern to advance through to Quarter-finals after two legs but the price is way too steep. :/

It seems the odd-makers correctly know that Arsenal's chances are slim over two legs.

I would give Arsenal a 20-30% chance of progressing and it seems they agree. Bayern are huge favorites and now the price is not realy worth betting anymore. :/
This is why you bet something like 10€ on Arsenal ...

boy u must be the nightmare of every betting agency on the web! given your ridiculous track record, chances are they're lowering the odds just to keep u away from them. :P

yesterday berlusconi said on tv he just had a great idea about hot to stop messi....... "put someone on man marking over him"....
that's just brilliant. i wonder why no one ever thought of that before!?! :LOL:
so all allegri has to do now is decide who's gonna carry out this "simple task".... is it gonna be mexes? or maybe yepes?? perhaps bonera?
this should be fun! :DD

jokes apart, if milan support el sharaawi enough, he could run circles around barça's defense.... but that's a big "if", of course.

looking forward to tonight's arsenal-bayern game. i got a feeling this could be a good one. :))

Milan are gonna get absolutely battered.

The last weeks Barcelona's defense is ridiculously weak. I can see Milan score goals. But then Milan should play better than in the group stages. The last 3 years they never impressed me in Europe, but against Anderlecht they were weak, Anderlecht were the better team in both matches...

I knew Arsenal wouldn't have a chance against Bayern and the first leg in London has already shown that.

Conceded 3 goals and the only goal they scored was assisted by the referee. Never a corner. The shot hit Podolski and went out but the ref thought it was a Bayern defender and gave a corner. Then a stupid and rare mistake from Manuel Neuer from the ensuing corner kick gave Arsenal their only goal.

Much like the Celtic vs. Juventus tie, this one is almost over already after one leg.

Unfortunately I didn't bet on Bayern because the price was too steep. You would have had to bet (risk $400) to win just $100! Arsenal were huge underdogs and for good reasons. Simply not on the same level.

Luckily I did bet $275 on the over 2.5 Total Goals in the game and easily won $225! :D

There were 2 goals inside the first 22 minutes so that bet was always looking good.

@Ben, Berlusconi's clever idea made me :LOL:

Unless Man Utd can get past Real Madrid, there will be no English teams in the Quarter-finals this time around.

PLF: IMO that was not a mistake by Neuer, or rather, he did perhaps make a mistake but it had no influence on the goal...take a close look how that corners reaches Podolski...that was a very weird and almost undefendable ball. IMO Neuer mistake made no difference... I don't even think he made the wrong decision to go for that ball. This was really one of the most weird corners i've seen. In retrospect it is easy to say that a GK should not go for a ball, but when you are on the pitch it is often far from crystal clear what to do even for a top class GK like Neuer. Having been a (lousy) GK myself i sympathize with those GK's. Nowadays balls make very strange curves, swerves and trajectories. Today it is much more difficult to be a GK than 20 years ago. I wonder how the great GK's of the past would do under these circumstances...we will never know i guess...

I agree with the rest of your post. When i saw the matches for this round i considered this one the most uneven (maybe in retrospect i it turns out that Celtic-Juventus is also a very uneven draw, but i thought Celtic could have done something at home against Juventus).

IMO Bayern's victory is logical and Arsenal and it's players cannot be blamed for loosing it. IMO they statred rather well, but the first attempt on goal from Bayern produced an unstoppable ball by Kroos and at that moment the match was played because Arsenal are never able to fight back from setbacks...
Despite that Arsenal played a good second half until the third Bayern goals which was a very unlucky one from Arsenal's point of view. IMO Bayern were a litle bit lucky, but nevertheless they were by far the better team...

Last edited:
Some people just can't hide their utmost stupidity...

In my oppinion, milan can have a good result tonight because of a lot of factors, from the pitch to the fact they will fight to death and barcelona has been too fragile in deffense lately.

We have 'Psycho' Muntari and 'Re Leone' Ambrosini, which I don't think is too bad playing. But I think most papers have the lineup right:

Milan (4-3-3):
Abbiati;
Abate, Mexes, Zapata, Constant;
Montolivo, Ambrosini, Muntari;
Boateng, Pazzini, El Shaarawy.

I think this is a chance for players like Constant and Faraone to show what they're capable of on a huge stage, and for players like Abate and Ambrosini to show their true rossonero blood - something that really counts in big games.

I'm more worried about getting demoralised and too fatigued, and struggling against Inter. The Derby is quite important for us.

Back
Top Bottom