Champions League 2012/13

The match i absolutely want to see is als Shakthar-Borrussia.
Two of the teams that play the most attractive football. Would have loved this as a final.

I have a funny feeling that Juventus will win it this year...

The match i absolutely want to see is als Shakthar-Borrussia.
Two of the teams that play the most attractive football. Would have loved this as a final.

I have a funny feeling that Juventus will win it this year...

Im thinking Porto or Arsenal :))

Good drawings, I can see all three German clubs winning their matches.

Btw, Milan-Barca again? Feels like the fourth time in five years.

Edit: German sports portal Sport1 says the BBC reported that the usual test draw resulted in the same matches as the official draw today.

Last edited:
What were the odds on that actually happening? Wow.

Looking forward to facing Madrid, even if it's a bit earlier than i'd like! :P

Last edited:
It's great to face Milan, but I don't know why we always end up facing the same teams again and again: Milan, Arsenal or Chelsea. I would have preferred Oporto because I like them, or Shakhtar because it would have been a spectacular round.

But... San Siro here we come! My main concern is that we find the pitch in the same conditions as last year, which were terrible, and Shaarawy who seems to be on fire lately.

Of course we are favorites, but this means nothing. Anyone can win at the end.

Anderlecht played twice against Milan and got only 1 point, but they were the better team for most part of both matches...This Milan team is very average...

Shaktar vs Dortmund is the poster draw of this round IMHO. Both have been fairly consistently impressive this tourney. As a football lover that one almost excites me as much as the United-Real fixture. Will also be interesting to see how Arsenals defense will be able to cope with Bayern's offensive speed.

Real Madrid - Manchester United :... (the last time i was this excited for a such a match Redondo was still playing)
I also wonder how Ronaldo will be received at Trafford?!

His name is still sung almost every match, he'll be welcomed back with open arms. Not quite as much cheering as when Becks played in Scholes' tribute though. That was incredible.

It's almost statistically impossible that the practice and real draw would have the exact same results. Just means they got the ball warming down in the rehearsal ;)

Seems like a lot of the teams left haven't been firing on all cylinders yet this season (save a few games) so it will be interesting to see when/if they do, United, Real, Juve, and yes even Arsenal are some of the teams that I expect more consistency out of than I have seen thus far.

The fun thing about most of these match-ups is that it's virtually anybody's guess what the results will be. The only teams I probably expect to go through without much issue is FCB and Bayern..still I could very well see Milan and Arsenal make those more competitive than some might expect.

malaga kicked out champions league for next 4 year, financial fair play finally doing something:WORSHIP:

Malaga are not kicked out of the CL for the next 4 years.
The first time they will qualify within that period, they are banned.
Suppose that they qualify the next 4 years, they will only miss next season's CL.

I also wonder what would happen if this would have been Chelsea, Man City, Real Madrid...

On the other hand: well done UEFA.

Great Game,I remember hours of fun playing this! / It helped me a lot for football game..
fifagames-fifafootball2005.jpg

I'm late to the party... but anyway. Barca? BORING. I wanted an interesting team we haven't faced yet. All we get is Barca every time, and lose in the same way. Not much to look forward to in this year's CL for me.

Well, I share some of your thoughts, too, it would be interesting to face different teams. But the round is not even started, I don't see why Milan can't knock out Barcelona. The chances are slim, but look what happened last year, Chelsea won the cup being aboslutely inferior to any of the teams they faced. Against us, we could have scored 10 goals but we didn't and they went on. Why can't Milan, even though having less quality in the squad, go on?

So, try to get your hopes and your spirit up because nevertheless it's a Milan-Barcelona, 2 of the greatest teams ever facing in European competition, in 2 of the greatest stadiums in Europe, and who knows, maybe in a month Barcelona is struggling and Milan is at the top of their game!

Milanista it is interesting how in 2005 timeframe if man united went to Milan it would evoke the same reaction you have now... Things have changed a lot since then. If Celtic can beat barca, so can Milan.

De Gea was epic, Coentrao was really awesome the in 1st half, Di Maria, Varane, Ozil, Van Persie and Welbeck were great in the 2nd.
Both goals were well worked, especially Madrid's one.
That Van Persie miss will maybe haunt you.
P.S : Again Arbeloa is showing how shitty he is, I just don't know why Madrid are waiting to buy a new right back !!
And Diego Lopez has been very good too but I miss Casillas.

Dortmund v Shakhtar was a great game, Shakhtar look irresistable going forward with Taison and then Douglas Costa playing very well, but at the back they are very porous, even with Chygrinsky back from injury they looked very shakey and couldnt deal with crosses. I would think the two away goals will be enough for Dortmund to go through. I can see Shakhtar scoring in Dortmund, but I cannot see them keeping a clean sheet, it should be a very interesting second leg.

Back
Top Bottom