Boxing Talk!!

Paulie definitely came off the better in that exchange I thought :LOL: Ive really started to like Malignaggi recently, I think he's got a great future as a analysis guy for HBO/Showtime.

Khan/Diaz Thoughts.

Khan scrapes through but barely is the word, still very unconvincing and your just waiting for him to get knocked out once you get past the first few rounds and he gets on his bike. I don't think a change in trainer has done anything unfortunately.

Khan vs Diaz

As mentioned above he scrapes through. I think Virgil Hunter has changed him a little bit though but not as much as I thought he would. He wasn't going to war with Diaz when he got rocked like he has in the past. If he was to go against the top boys again in this division though he'd be well up against it.

Fraudley :LMAO:

Looking forward to downloading Garcia vs Judah and Martinez vs Murray

RFD:

Showtime Boxing 4-27-2013 - 720p
Peter Quillin (28-0-0) vs Fernando Guerrero (25-1-0)
~ WBO Middleweight Title ~

Danny Garcia (25-0-0) vs Zab Judah (42-7-0)
~ WBA Super World Light Welterweight Title ~

Almost RFD:

HBO 4-27-2013 - 720p

Sergio Martinez (50-2-2) vs Martin Murray (25-0-1)
~ WBC Middleweight Title ~

Chris Arreola (35-2-0) vs Bermane Stiverne (22-1-1)
~ Heavyweight 12 Rds ~

So far I've only found an SD version of the Khan fight and none of the undercard but I'll keep looking!

Not reading this thread until I've watched all fights so selfish people don't spoil any of the bouts.

Garcia vs Judah

Great fight. Garcia's power really is something. It's the first time I have seen him under pressure which happened in the later rounds but he took Judah's shots pretty well. I really hope Matthysse can beat Peterson now for those 2 to lock horns

Amir Khan is surely looking on with little confidence now

Khan v Diaz

Just don't think I'm ever going to take Khan seriously. Diaz boxed all wrong, he did admit it after the fight. He admitted he never boxed with his brain, but his brawn. He should've been racking up the points instead of trying to land KO blows all the time. Khan did win, but was very close.

Audley Harrison

Time to go, fair-do's the guy he went up against has a awesome record, but it's all over now.

Looking forward to the boxing in the coming weeks, Klitschko, Mayweather and we have Froch v Kessler on the night of the CL Final. :BOP:

FD

RFD:

- Espn HD -
- World Heavyweight Championship -
- May 4th 2013 -
- SAP-Arena, Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany -

- Wladimir Klitschko 59-3-0 (50 KO's) vs Francesco Pianeta 28-0-1 (15 KO's)
- WBA / WBO / IBF / IBO Heavyweight Championship of the World - 12 Rds -

- MP4 – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 50.000 fps
- Audio AAC – 196 Kbps -

- Source: HD Digital Satellite -
- Commentary: Richie Woodhall & Ian Darke -

Showtime card, about 1-2 hours away from completion:

May 4, 2013 , MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Showtime PPV

Commentary by Brian Kenny, Mauro Ranello, Al Bernstein and Paulie Malignaggi.

NOTE: Spoilers in main event !

J'Leon Love (15-0-0) vs Gabriel Rosado (21-6-0)
~ Vacant NABF Middleweight Title ~

Leo Santa Cruz (23-0-1) vs Alexander Munoz (36-4-0)
~ Vacant USBA Super Bantamweight Title ~

Daniel Ponce De Leon (44-4-0) vs Abner Mares (25-0-1)
~ WBC Featherweight Title ~

Floyd Mayweather (43-0-0) vs Robert Guerrero (31-1-1)
~ WBC Welterweight Title ~

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 @ 59.940 fps
Audio AC-3 – 384 Kbps

Yeah, I'll give him a chance. As long as you make sure to remember not to post any spoilers. :))

David Haye's also pulled out his next fight which is a shame, guess this sets him back again with regards to fighting one of the Klitschko's.

A program on Sky called The Gloves Are Off is well worth a watch if it becomes available for you to watch Placebo.

It's only a one off and it features Calzaghe, Eubank, Collins, Roy Jones and Richie Woodhall (now works for Sky) chatting about their careers. It gets a bit vocal in some parts!, worth a viewing

Ah cool, thanks for that Placebo, I'll maybe watch that tonight or such with a few beers, heard it was quite good.

Likewise I did see the 1st one.

FD

Anyone tuning into the boxing from Russia at 5:30pm Boxnation?

It kicks off a decent weekend of boxing. I have just realized there is a Prizefighter on Saturday night and then it's Alexander vs Purdy and Peterson vs Matthysse the same night. Ogogo is on that card too, i'll be keeping a close eye on him, he looks pretty promising. Shane Mosley makes a comeback on another bill all on the same night.

Booze at the ready!

Sounds like Denis Lebedev vs Guillermo Jones is worth watching if a decent version shows up, these are the comments on it in the "Fights you must watch" thread:

Denis Lebedev vs Guillermo Jones a war like I havent seen in a long time.
I have only seen bad stream, hope it comes up soon...
A must watch.... :-)
Add another for Lebedev vs Jones. I really enjoyed it. Their styles were very different and it made for an exciting, intense fight.
Yes guys, but I have to add: Do not watch it with kids around please.

Sounds like my kind of fight!

Back
Top Bottom