Boxing Talk!!

FNF:

John Jackson (15-1-0) vs Cerresso Fort (16-0-1) Lt Middleweight - 8 Rds

Javier Fortuna (21-0-0) vs Miguel Zamudio (25-1-1) Featherweight - 12 Rds

Jonathan Batista (13-0-0) vs Emmanuel Lartey (14-0-1) - Welterweight - 6 Rds

Figured I'd grab it as it's a pretty lean week and the card has fighters with decent records :)

No spoilers please :)

Not sure if the Fury card was aired in HD in the UK? I have it from the NBC feed which is HD@60fps:

NBC - 2013-04-20
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY

Curtis Stevens vs Derrick Findley
Tyson Fury vs Steve Cunningham
Hughie Fury vs Alex Rozman

Full broadcast. Credits to credits. Video quality is excellent on an NTSC 1280x720p cap 8mbps bitrate @60fps with AC3 audio@384kbps on the h264 codec in m2ts format.

Ready in 30-60 mins should be the Canelo card:

Omar Figueroa (20-0-1) vs Abner Cotto (16-0-0)
~ Vacant NABA Lightweight Title~

Austin Trout (26-0-0) vs Saul Alvarez (41-0-1)
~ WBC Light Middleweight Title ~
~ WBA Super World Light Middleweight Title ~

Some abysmal official scores for the canelo Trout fight. I'll have to watch it again with the sound off and then score it.

No you shouldn't even say that, that would still be a spoiler, saying you enjoy a fight is ok but anything else (even saying a fight's boring) will decrease the enjoyment for other people who haven't watched it yet. Please use spoiler tags, they're extremely simple to use.

Dude quit bitching and acting like a female. You're not gonna tell me what I can and can't say. I already said sorry. Like it or lump it!

Fine then, don't expect to get anything from me in the future. And the issue isn't about me or anyone else telling you what you can or can't say, it's about you having respect for other people and not spoiling their enjoyment of boxing, obviously you have no respect as you've just shown.

Grabbing the Epix card now:

Nathan Cleverly (25-0) vs Robin Krasniqi (39-2)

Dereck Chisora (15-4) vs Hector Avila (20-12-1)

M2TS – 1280 x 720 – 16*9 30fps

Be ready in an hour or so.

Wife and I just watched the Canelo Trout fight:

Enjoyable fight, spoiled significantly by knowing it went the distance, Canelo won by 3 or 4 rounds for us, obviously 118-109 was a ludicrous score, Trout landed more but seemed mostly jabs without committing much, Canelo put a lot more hurt on Trout and other than the knockdown he buckled his knees another 4 or 5 times throughout the fight, in a close fight which this was it comes down to which of the two would you want to be the least and that was definitely Trout, although big credit to him he was sheer class in defeat after the fight, the likes of Mayweather and Broner can learn a lot from him.

Fine then, don't expect to get anything from me in the future. And the issue isn't about me or anyone else telling you what you can or can't say, it's about you having respect for other people and not spoiling their enjoyment of boxing, obviously you have no respect as you've just shown.

Dude get over yourself already. Saying a game was good, a movie was good, or a fight was close is NOT the big deal you're making it out to be as far ruining the enjoyment or suspense of anything related to entertainment.

Watched Fury v Cunningham, Chisora fight.

Fury v Cunningham was a good fight, enjoyed it. Although not that I thought he would be a major contender, Fury for me won't be able to cope with the big guns in the Heavyweight division. However as for entertainment he's good value, bit naughty in the ring at times, but the stuff after the fight was comedy gold. :APPLAUD:

As for Chisora, what a awful fight that was.

FD

Nathan Cleverly (25-0) vs Robin Krasniqi (39-2)

I waited more from Krasniqi , we were a lot of people on bulevard watching fight on big tv as this guy coms from a city near me (around 10km) called Junik (Kosova) , so a lot of people watch match there as support for him and with huge expectation , we were hoping he can won this match but it was far from it really ! wish this guy a good luck in future and he should work way much more if he wants to be somebody in future !

Tyson Fury vs Steve Cunningham

After all that talking he did in the press conferences you would think he's the best thing since sliced bread! He wasn't that good. Apparently Peter Fury came out saying all the work/training he did in the run up went out of the window! plus he couldn't get a visa to be in Fury's corner

He is pretty entertaining though, he makes a boring division a lot more brighter!

Was reading about the spoilers earlier on in the thread. I really do think nothing should be spoiled for those who are yet to watch a fight, you could quite easily be commenting on another fight and accidently read something you don't want to, plus spoiler tags aren't really hard to use are they!

Placebo, the HD rips are unbelievable! but don't you think file sizes and video duration are also a bit of a spoiler? obviously it doesn't deter who wins a fight but it gives you idea of how long the fight lasts whether it be short or long

Yeah filesizes will always give something away in themselves, it's best when people do a card as one single file as there's no way to guess how much of it is each fight.

:P That's nitpicking, it still doesn't give too much away as it could still be a late stoppage.

Agree with the amazing RIPS Placebo, Khan's fighting tomorrow unlike the other fights will be difficult to remain spoiler free, if he loses you bet you'll hear it everywhere.

Agree with the amazing RIPS Placebo, Khan's fighting tomorrow unlike the other fights will be difficult to remain spoiler free, if he loses you bet you'll hear it everywhere.

I know his and some of the other fights will probably be on boxnation but it might be worth holding off as I'll hopefully get all three cards (Martinez, Garcia, Khan) in HD and that makes it so much more worth it IMO :)

Back
Top Bottom