Boxing Talk!!

Yep definitely, he wanted to beat Naz's age record at world champion but seeing as that's out of the water now they should just think about his long term future and legacy™ instead of rushing forward, maybe a couple of fights in the USA against veteran lightweights would be good for him, get some ESPN exposure on WNF or FNF or something like that, no matter what he should stay in the US training at Freddie's wild card gym, US boxing trainers and Freddie Roach especially pisses all over British boxing trainers IMO, look at Hatton's training before the Mayweather fight, looked completely amateurish compared to the training that Mayweather did.

Was a poor match in the end due to the cut. However I'm very sceptical about the stoppage in the 5th. The cut was just as bad as soon as it happened, but think the thought of a no contest would never be on the cards for the sake of Khan's future.

FD

Was a poor match in the end due to the cut. However I'm very sceptical about the stoppage in the 5th. The cut was just as bad as soon as it happened, but think the thought of a no contest would never be on the cards for the sake of Khan's future.

FD

Barrera could easily have said "I can't see" in the 4th round when the ref took him to the doctor, he clearly didn't and said he wanted to go on so to imply it was purely for Khan is rather unfair IMO. The fact Barrera refused to acquiesce to an NC is simply credit to his heart and personality rather than some sinister conspiracy to boost Khan's record.

What are you talking about, Barrera saying to go on, LOL............the doctor makes those kind of decisions not a fighter. How many times do you see a guy who's been knocked down giving it pelters to the ref when he stops it, should the ref just say "You want to go on? Fine, box on".

Barrera did not have any influence over the doctor for christ sakes.

Personally I just think it was very strange.

FD

What are you talking about, Barrera saying to go on, LOL............the doctor makes those kind of decisions not a fighter. How many times do you see a guy who's been knocked down giving it pelters to the ref when he stops it, should the ref just say "You want to go on? Fine, box on".

Barrera did not have any influence over the doctor for christ sakes.

Personally I just think it was very strange.

FD

Sorry but that is
utter gash, I've seen countless cuts where the Doctor says to him "can you see, do you want to go on?" If he answers "yes I can see" or "yes I can go on" the Doctor lets him go on (unless it's a phenomenally bad cut of course) and in other fights the boxer has replied "I can't see properly" and the Doctor stops the fight.

Have you ever trained to be a boxer?

I have, only briefly, and my brother's friend went to a boxing gym for a couple of years.

This is fact:- A ref makes the initial approach to a doctor, the doctor will then make the decision however he must ask the fighter if he wants to continue if the doctor sees now wrong.

As I said earlier, no-one will tell me that Barrera said he'll continue one round and the next, not. Unless he wanted a fat pay-check.

FD

Anyways, couple of potentially interesting fights on Saturday:

Roy Jones, Jr. (52-5) vs Omar Sheika (27-8)
Light Heavyweight

Vitali Klitschko (36-2) vs Juan Carlos Gomez (44-1)
WBC
Heavyweight

Tyson Fury had another fight at the weekend, good to see he's having a fight every few weeks, will help him progress.

No I haven't, but it doesn't change the fact I'm not wrong here ;)

Yes I'm aware of that, I believe I was even the one who mentioned that it's the Doctor who stops a fight or not........
If it's too bad a cut the ref can insist to the doctor that the fight is off,the doctor will always ask the fighter if he wants to continue..I boxed for many years for Prince of Wales boxing club in cardiff.In the pro's you get a better chance of continuing,amateur boxing before headgaurds you could still carry on with a cut,placebo is right imo.:THINK:

Haha no I didnt, he's a beast though, really odd shape for a lad that age and with a name like that he's got to live up to it!

He needs to works on his fitness and conditioning, can barely see a muscle on him, he is getting better though, I'll see if I can make a gif of him hitting himself, made me laugh :)

LOL.........jeez, didn't know Jones was fighting at the weekend.

Looking forward to Hatton vs Pacman. Sure it's on the 2nd, if so that's great as it ties in with a bank holiday here.

FD

Hahahaha thats fucking brilliant. I've got tears in my eyes!

Also, great news about Haye vs Klitschko getting the all go. Haye is my favourite fighter at the minute I think.

Yeah same here, he's definitely my current hope for a pretty terrible heavyweight division, decent punch on him, seriously put down "Big Mac" who's someone I really don't like and seems to have the tools to have a decent go at winning a world heavyweight title, think he might have bitten off a little more than he can chew by taking on one of the Klits in only his 3rd ever heavyweight fight but gotta give him credit for it :)

I think my top 3 favourite fighters right now would be Amir Khan, Manny and Haye, bit unfair to Hatton but I went right off him with his abysmal performance against PBF.

Yeah I really admire Haye's balls, he's gone right for the big guns and knows full well that now is a good time for him to come into the division and go for the belts. He's pretty funny when he calls them out too.

Cant believe it's less than a month til Pacquiao v Hatton. That's come round really quickly.

Amir Khan?:SHOCK: He's showing potential but the jury's still out on him.

There's a large difference between favourite and best ;)

I like Amir, he comes across really well IMO, he tries to use his position for good rather than self profit, he gives his all and wants to achieve as much as he possibly can with the talents he's been given. I also cannot understand the amount of abuse and contempt aimed at him from certain quarters, he's done nothing whatsoever to deserve it IMO and English boxing fans should all get behind him.

Yeah I really admire Haye's balls, he's gone right for the big guns and knows full well that now is a good time for him to come into the division and go for the belts. He's pretty funny when he calls them out too.

Seen the youtube vid where Haye calls Klit out? It's just like Drago in Rocky IV "I must break you." ;)

Cant believe it's less than a month til Pacquiao v Hatton. That's come round really quickly.

Aye, can't wait, firmly rooting for Pac TBH but if Hatton manages it I'll be well happy for him, don't see it happening though, ruined himself by staying with a shite trainer for far too long IMO.

HBO is doing 3 or 4 "Pacquiao v Hatton 24/7", can't wait for them, best boxing docus by a mile, will share them if people are interested?

Im Sure Sky will be airing them like they did for the Hatton/Mayweather fight but im sure some will want them from here.

Couple of decent matchups at the weekend:

Paul Williams (36-1) vs Ronald "Winky" Wright (51-4-1)
Chris Arreola (26-0) vs Jameel McCline (39-9-3)

Will share them later, haven't watched either so no spoilers please.

Back
Top Bottom