Boxing Talk!!

Antonio Margarito (37-5) vs Shane Mosley (45-5) WBA Welterweight

Should be a good fight tomorrow, Margarito on the back of a punishing victory over Cotto :)

Cheers Placebo, wathced it last night.
Was indeed a great fight, Moseley was awesome, completely nullified Antonio and his gameplan was fought to perfection. To win in the way he did with Margarito completely battered was a real shock.

Only standout fight tonight is:

Vic Darchinyan (31-1-1) vs Jorge Arce (51-4-1)
WBC/WBA/IBF/Ring
Super Flyweight

Usually the low weight classes aren't that exciting but Vic has major power for such a low weight (25 of his 31 wins are by KO which is a huge percentage for that weight class), he's also an extremely cocker fucker and is always entertaining to watch :)

Oh missed this one:

Ruslan Chagaev (24-0-1) vs Carl Davis Drumond (26-0)
WBA
Heavyweight

Heavyweight fighting someone I've never heard of, hmm close contest....

Anyways will watch so we can look forward to Haye smacking on all the other heavyweights ;)

Last edited:
:D

Dont suppose you've got either the Pavlik or Cotto fights have you Placebo?

I haven't watched the Prescott fight yet but will do later, thanks for the UL.

I have a 720p broadcast of the whole night's boxing (that's what the screenshots above are from), runtime is 3hrs 9 mins and has the following bouts:

Korobov v Jones
Duddy v Vanda
Cotto v Jennings
Pavlik v Rubio

I can make it available (it's 4.37gb) or I can make an SD version available (1.4gb).

Tomorrow:

Amir Khan (19-1) vs Marco Antonio Barrera (65-6)
M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Lightweight

Could be interesting ;)

Yeah, another bad defeat for Khan could destroy him psychologically so there's a lot of added pressure there.

Maccarinelli is on too but that doesn't look a paticularly interesting fight.

I was going to get tickets as that lad I know is on the undercard again but I'm having a houseparty instead so might get the PPV but if you see his fight Paul could you grab it for me please? I couldnt register on that site.

DENTON VASSELL (Manchester, England) vs. EDDIE CORCORAN (Wembley, London)

Looking forward to this fight tonight.

It looks like it starts around 10pm which is good, as I was fearing a early morning start. However according to Ladbrokes it starts at 10pm.

FD

Khan Fight chat...

Shame about the cut(old wound)Khan just too quick but would have been interesting the longer it went on, am I right in thinking it would have been a void bout if they'd have stopped it in the 4th...?

Khan Fight chat...

Shame about the cut(old wound)Khan just too quick but would have been interesting the longer it went on, am I right in thinking it would have been a void bout if they'd have stopped it in the 4th...?

It's a tough one
some are still slagging off Khan saying "oh Barrera would have beaten him if it weren't for the cut" or "the ref shouldn't have stopped the fight", shows how ignorant some people are though as it's the Doctor who stops any fight due to an injury not the referee, the referee is merely passing on the information, at the end of the day it was a horrendous cut and if the fight was in the USA it would have been stopped much earlier, and yes a stoppage before the end of the 4th round because of an accidental cut/injury results in a "no contest", so Barrera has to get a lot of credit for insisting that he keep fighting. Too little to see yet but I think we could definitely see the massive influence of the world's best boxing trainer (IMO) Freddie Roach, defensively Amir was just superb, and he married that perfectly with his fast jabs and power shots, my heart says that without the cut Khan would still have won, but we'll never know........

Totally agree with the above..

Khan was very polished. I'm happy to see he's worked on his defence too. Barrera couldn't match Khan's speed, he was outclassed. It's a shame so much focus has be placed on the cut, it took the shine off Khan's impressive performance. I'd like to see a Prescott rematch next for Khan, that will really test his mettle.

Totally agree with the above..

Khan was very polished. I'm happy to see he's worked on his defence too. Barrera couldn't match Khan's speed, he was outclassed. It's a shame so much focus has be placed on the cut, it took the shine off Khan's impressive performance. I'd like to see a Prescott rematch next for Khan, that will really test his mettle.

Naah too early IMO, takes time to excise demons like that, I'd like to see Khan have a couple more fights at least before taking on Prescott again.

Back
Top Bottom