Boxing Talk!!

Mr. Mayweather senior is a genius ,but hatton wants to fight the winner of hoya vs pacqui. Pacqui is on another level , but I think Hatton will be the King of Vegas. TBH Hatton fits the bill to represent Boxing the sport has lost a lot of character throughout

Mr. Mayweather senior is a genius ,but hatton wants to fight the winner of hoya vs pacqui. Pacqui is on another level , but I think Hatton will be the King of Vegas. TBH Hatton fits the bill to represent Boxing the sport has lost a lot of character throughout

I'll spoiler this as it references his fight on Saturday.......

Hatton put on a decent showing, no more, no less IMO, still very, very unpolished compared to real world class boxers, yes he said he wants to take on the winner of Oscar v Pacman but TBH I see both of them beating him fairly easily, Oscar by 5th round KO and Pacman by 10th round TKO due to cuts (not convinced Pacman would have quite enough power to knock Hatton out.

Win or lose Hatton v Oscar and Hatton v Pacman would be excellent spectacles so I'd like to see them happen.

Also rumour is that if Pacman wins then Mayweather v Pacman is a possibility next year.......

Couple of potentially decent bouts on Saturday:

Paul Williams (35-1-0) vs Verno Phillips (42-10-1)
interim WBO Light Middleweight

Chris Arreola (25-0-0) vs Travis Walker (28-1-1)
NABF Heavyweight

Depending what versions turn up I may well share them.

Sunday is Episode 3 of De La Hoya v Pacquiao 24/7 which I'll share on Monday.

Few decent fights tomorrow:

Amir Khan (18-1-0) vs Oisin Fagan (22-5-0)

Will Amir come back well from his devastating 1 round knockout loss?

Oscar De La Hoya (39-5-0) vs Manny Pacquiao (47-3-2)

How much does Oscar have left? Can he cope with Manny's aggression? Can Manny cope with Oscar's power and experience?

Carl Froch (23-0-0) vs Jean Pascal (21-0-0)

Will Froch finally fulfil his potential? Will Pascal be the first opponent to punish Froch for his constantly low held left hand? Vacant WBC Super Middleweight belt for the winner of this one.

All being well I'll be sharing all three of those.

The fourth and final part of De la Hoya vs. Pacquiao 24-7 will be up soon :)

what time (UK Time) does the De La Hoya fight start? I know the show starts at 10pm

Just out of curiousity who do you think will win the fights Placebo? :))

Khan and Froch I know nothing at all about the opponents, gotta assume Khan's opponent has been cherry picked this time so I'll go for him to win, Froch I think has been overrated by many and extremely well protected, so I'll go for the Pascal guy ;)

Manny and Oscar is just too close to call for me right now, I'll watch the final two 24/7's and see if there are any clues there ;) I am a huge admirer of Freddie Roach so it's possible I'll side with Manny on this one despite Oscar being one of my favourite boxers (Manny is also a favourite of mine of course) :)

300h.jpg

If nothing else one can see Oscar's not skimped on the training ;)

Big jump up in weight for the pac-man , i can see Oscar being far more comfortable at the weight, it's a lot nearer his natural fighting weight, so i'm gonna plum for the golden boy due to his size and power, but it will be interesting how he copes with manny's work rate and speed.

I bought the PPV. undercard was rubbish but who cares, main event was well worth it.

Manny was out of this world. Yeah Oscar is 35, yeah he was weight drained but I dont care. Manny's performance was so classy!!

Manny vs Hatton and Manny vs PBF in 2009 please..

The Froch fight was really good - watched it live last night. Great to watch - but was quite sloppy on both parts. Don't know how well Froch would do against other better fighters.

thanks for the links as always Placebo :)

Manny was immense and Freddie Roach... WOW! I admire the guy!!! On to Wembley? :)

Last edited:
thanks for the links as always Placebo :)

Manny was immense and Freddie Roach... WOW! I admire the guy!!! On to Wembley? :)

Or Dubai if Bob Arum gets his way.

The froch fight was good but the judges scores were way out. the fight was much closer then how they scored it.

I didnt even know the froch fight was on TV. Watched Amir Khan win then Sky said Fraudly Harrison was on next so I thought I would switch through the channels and I saw it on ITV.. :)

Back
Top Bottom