Boxing Talk!!

Hatton wins his comeback fight in a pretty dull matchup, was staggered at least twice but held on for a points win, let's hope that was just ring rust.........

What do you mean by staggered? Hatton was never in danger of losing the fight. Lazcano showed some great character and spirit, every time Hatton went for the KO, Lazcano came back with punches of his own!

What do you mean by staggered?

Staggered as in two times Hatton's knees buckled as he took shots as he rushed in and then he had to hold on whilst he recovered his senses.......

Malignaggi looked absolute garbage, has zero power and IMO a fight between him and Hatton would be tedious, hope Malignaggi's feeling like a right tit after that pathetic hair thing he went out with, he should have taken a lesson out of Kirkland Laing's book.......

According to the commentary on the version I downloaded it was hair extensions, wonder how much it cost and how long it took to get put it, all to be removed in 20 seconds by a second with some tape scissors, hilarious.

I AM MEDUSA!!!!!!!

box_g_mailgnaggi_580.jpg

I wouldnt say Hatton was holding on. Yeah he was rocked but he wasnt holding on for life. Hatton vs Malignaggi ends up with one winner and that is Hatton. He will win pretty easy, Malignaggi has no power and gets hit too often. I could see Hatton stopping him in 8 rounds. Even though Hatton gets hit too often, Malignaggi just doesnt have the power to stop him.

Khan down again in a fight.

Gomez is finished now, but still got in with some punches to Khan.

I think he's looking poorer with each opponent he's facing off against.

FD

Khan is Hype to the limit! Gomez hasnt got past the 6th ot 7th round in 7 years they said, cmon how can you give someone who is looking for a world title fight a opponent like that?! and to make things worse Khan was caught a few times also he seems like he has no power.

Khan is still young and I think will come up with the goods eventually. As long as he doesn't go for it too early.

He got up well from the punches and cariied on smashing him up though.

The bit where he hit gomez from one side of the Ring to the other was awesome!

That was one of the best fights I have seen for ages - It was exciting.

What is with all this negativity towards Khan? He's still learning, and he did go up against a worthy opponent in Gomez. He did really well beating Gomez who was clearly overwhelmed. Gomez was a fine opponent, but maybe Khan should have a another before challenging for the title.

IMO he is one of the most promising new fighters from England and I have a feeling he'll do well.

Get behind him lads, we don't have that much by way of British fighters doing well on the circuit these days.

Sheesh why the bitching? Cracking fight, credit to Gomez he took a serious pounding, yes Khan went down but I wouldn't say it was a clear knockdown as such, the feet got a bit tangled on the ropes, that said Lewis got knocked clean out twice off single punches and still came back to be one of the greatest heavyweights of the last 20 years.

If anyone hasn't seen the fight and wants to I can use my new shiny 10mb upload to put it somewhere ;)

The bit where he hit gomez from one side of the Ring to the other was awesome!

Yeah that was just phenomenal, gave me goosebumps that moment, must have been about 10 left right combos one after another as he chased him onto the ropes, I'll have to see about making an animated gif of that moment to post on here for all to see in its glory!

That was indeed class :)). Thanks Placebo! Was a decent fight in all, quite exciting and lasted a fair while :TU:.

Yeah c'mon guys, what's the point in slagging Amir off? He's good, and one of the best we've got so we might as well support him.

I thought it was a good fight on Saturday, was exciting to watch.

Nobody thinks he's the finished article, and if he really does hope to win a world title before the end of the year it's going to have to be a very minor one, however he has superb hand speed, very good punch accuracy, decent power, good agility and dexterity, just needs to work a bit harder on defence and learn better the disciplines of boxing. Considering his young age and relative inexperience compared to some of the people he's faced in his last couple of fights he's progressing well and there's no reason to believe he can't go all the way.

I hope he does well, but I can't see it. He doesn't look to have a chin on him. Obviously being Scottish, you'll not know nothing about Willie Limond who could have beaten him, there is the talk of 13 second counts. Willie is no mean puncher and had Khan all over the place, that is a hallowing warning to his ambitions in my eyes.

Hopefully he will learn things, but one thing you can learn is how to toughen up his jaw.

FD

Obviously being Scottish, you'll not know nothing about Willie Limond who could have beaten him

FD

I'm completely confused by that sentence I'm afraid :(

I saw the fight between Limond and Khan, was an excellent fight and Khan did well to recover from the knockdown, no idea if it really was 13 seconds as you say, but he came back and knocked Limond out, nothing can change that, as nothing can change the fact Douglas knocked out Tyson despite allegations of a long count when Douglas went down early in the fight ;)

What I meant was Limond would not be getting much air time down South, so there wouldn't be many people knowing what type of fighter he is.

Willie has a good record, think he's only been beat twice, by Amir and Arthur, but he doesn't have a big punch on him. I just think that was a worry for Amir.

However, getting away from that I do hope Amir does turn into the real deal, I just don't see it personally.

FD

Aha right, well in the build up to the fight I heard plenty of reports that Limond was a really decent fighter and would be a good test for Amir, which obviously it proved to be, I also heard that he doesn't have a lot of power, but sometimes these things happen.

Just as some examples Benn was down a few times in his career (admittedly generally against well renowned punchers) but he almost always came back to win, Eubank down a few time, Hatton was almost knocked out against Collazo who's considered to have no power at all, Trinidad was another who went down a fair few times in his career, Lewis as I mentioned before was knocked clean out twice but still came back to be P4P one of the best heavyweights, I think it's also worth noticing that Khan is fighting very quickly between bouts and is fighting against people with lots of experience, to be competing on this level in only his 18th fight is pretty quick really.

I'm downloading the Limond fight again and will have my stopwatch handy ;) If you like I can upload it for sharing if you want to see it again? :)

Aha right, well in the build up to the fight I heard plenty of reports that Limond was a really decent fighter and would be a good test for Amir, which obviously it proved to be, I also heard that he doesn't have a lot of power, but sometimes these things happen.

Just as some examples Benn was down a few times in his career (admittedly generally against well renowned punchers) but he almost always came back to win, Eubank down a few time, Hatton was almost knocked out against Collazo who's considered to have no power at all, Trinidad was another who went down a fair few times in his career, Lewis as I mentioned before was knocked clean out twice but still came back to be P4P one of the best heavyweights, I think it's also worth noticing that Khan is fighting very quickly between bouts and is fighting against people with lots of experience, to be competing on this level in only his 18th fight is pretty quick really.

I'm downloading the Limond fight again and will have my stopwatch handy ;) If you like I can upload it for sharing if you want to see it again? :)

Yeah - Do it!!

I like you Placebo and your uploading powers :DD

Just thought id add my two penies worth, thought the Khan fight was a cracking fight to watch but Gomez has always been a slugger and not the best a few years ago, so for him to cause Khan as many prolems that he did shows that Khna is not ready for a world title, well a good version anyway!

Back
Top Bottom