Benfica Thread

Re: SL Benfica thread

We cleary showed that AEK was a glitch in the Matrix, everything back to normal. :D

"Anyone got the time?(.........................)
Yeah it's five past Howard. :D

Last edited:

Luz.
Where amazing happens.

icut2992%5B2%5D.jpg

Watch out Braga. It won't be easy.

PS: 1st Benfica 22 pts
2nd Braga 22 pts
3rd Porto 19 pts
6th Sporting 11 pts (today against V. Guimarães)

:LMAO:

Some funny trivia:

- Porto and Sporting combined have 27 goals. Benfica has 30.

- Cardozo has 11 goals. Sporting has 9.

:LOL:

BUT, we haven't won anything yet...

Di María reminds me Cristiano Ronaldo when was a Sporting player. If he gains some weigh and trains his muscles what a demon we will have!

Really loved the way Benfica players handled the animals from Porto, with a smile. They still get booked for it though. Makes it even sweeter.

You've got like 100 strikers to choose from but you picked Carlos Martins and moved Aimar further forward.

A bit of a strange decision.

You've got like 100 strikers to choose from but you picked Carlos Martins and moved Aimar further forward.

A bit of a strange decision.

That was the dumb mistake Quique Flores used to make last season. Imo, it takes a lot from the flow of our game. We had other strikers on the bench that could've and should've played there, letting Aimar roam free in midfield.

Oh well, we missed Saviola. :)

Jesus seemed to be playing some kind of 451, with the normal 4 man defense, 2 mids (Javi + Carlos Martins) 2 WIngers (Di Maria left, Ramires right), Aimar in the Middle and Cardozo upfront.. Thats like a transformation from our 41212 that we usually sport. Maybe JJ was afraid that with Maxi and Ceontrão always movind forward, the team would need some1 to cover for them and that Javi wasn't enough (?). Honestly, dunno. I just know that Nuno Gomes should have been a starter.

That was the dumb mistake Quique Flores used to make last season. Imo, it takes a lot from the flow of our game. We had other strikers on the bench that could've and should've played there, letting Aimar roam free in midfield.

Oh well, we missed Saviola. :)
Yeah, it's because when I look at your squad list, you've got Mantorras, Weldon, Kardac, Nuno Gomes, Eder Luis etc.

Are they just not good enough?

And are these flares a common thing or was it an isolated incident?

Yeah, it's because when I look at your squad list, you've got Mantorras, Weldon, Kardac, Nuno Gomes, Eder Luis etc.

Are they just not good enough?

And are these flares a common thing or was it an isolated incident?

Well my friend, to be honest, they are decent players but not good enough for that Benfica eleven. I mean, Nuno Gomes is still classy but is getting old, his role nowadays is coming from the bench to give some new attitude to the field. Weldon is a decent sub but he hasn't the quality to play big matches. Kardec and Eder Luis came in January but they are more next season players (when they came, we all knew they are potencial replacements for Cardozo or someone other). About Mantorras, well, physical problems ended his career unfortunately. He remais at Benfica because he is a symbol of the club and crowd love him. :(

About the flares I think I answered you in Liverpool Thread. Those guys are idiots (the whole crowd at the stadium called him "palhaços" - clowns). It's not usual, I would say it's rare to be frank.

It was great seeing the passion in Estadio de Luz, such as that kid crying when Cardozo equalised.

YouTube - Benfica 2-1 Liverpool - Criança a chorar no primeiro golo de Cardozo (01.04.2010)

:WORSHIP:

Great too see you Sina, how are you mate? Are you enjoying Benfica at this current season? :D

Cheers!

Great comeback against Naval..10 points to go.

I'm a little afraid our team will be too tired next thursday..They haven't been having much rest, everything is going fine but with so many matches it's inevitable they fail at some point physically... Liverpool will come at us with full power and we know how intense those matches can be..let's hope the team reacts well...and then, Sporting.

Great too see you Sina, how are you mate? Are you enjoying Benfica at this current season? :D

Cheers!

I'm good bro. Yeah I have so many friends who are Benfica fans (Almost all my Portuguese friends!) that it's nice to see them happy one year. :P

I'm also happy for Braga though. Let's hope the best team wins the league. It'll be close though especially with your Europa league commitments...

You will get it! :)

Congratulations Benfica on a great season!! The championship was long overdue for Portugal's most popular club.

Like Olympique Marseille, I'm happy for you. :WORSHIP:

p.s. Jesualdo Ferreira still at Porto?

It's been a joy to watch such good football from Benfica this season.

The front line of Ramires, Aimar, Di Maria, Saviola and Cardozo is one of the best in Europe.

Javi Garcia also deserves a mention for having an excellent first season in Portugal, as the anchor man allowing the other five to terrorise defences.

Thanks a lot Sina and Abou, really appreciate you’re enjoying our football this season.

We could have won the League last Sunday at Dragão but Porto beat us 3-1 (I recommend you to the see the 3rd goal by Belluschi, lovely).

Jesualdo Ferreira remains at Porto but is almost certain he will leave at the end of season. They will play the Portuguese Cup final against Chaves, a second division team (I’m very happy with Chaves too because is my father’s town and I used to spend a few days there in the holidays) but after he will move out. Domingos Paciência (Braga’s coach and former Porto player) is likely to succeed him. Jesualdo did a great job over the last four seasons but Porto’s president and fans aren’t used to lose.

Yeah Abou, it’s been a joy to watch Benfica this season. I’m 20 years old and I can tell you this is the best Benfica I’ve ever seen (which reflects our bad shape all over those recent years).

The defeat against Liverpool disappointed me a bit, to be honest. I still think we could have done better. As you said, our front line is one of the best in Europe and with the likes of David Luiz and Fábio Coentrão (the boy improved a lot as LB, he will be very useful for Portugal in the World Cup I hope) I thought we could go through and possible win the competition. But ok, our top priority always was the League.

Overall, it was a fantastic season for the club as we won the League Cup and the title (well, I hope so!).

Back
Top Bottom