Become a Legend

I really think it has something to do with that stupid image the game shows in the top right corner. It seems to crash when the game is trying to load that image, so it could be a texture problem in a specific image.

I think in 'supportered resolution' of settings the game don't crash but after played in you can 'test' with old save cause he looks 'corrupted'

the problem doesn't exist when playing at beginner level here!
but when i try at toplevel the game crashes when i go to bench

We are working on fixing the Become a Legends Mode bug that makes PES 2009 randomly crash when you reach certain stage of your career. The problem seems to be related to the saved game file. Working on them, comparing a working file with a non working one we found out certain differences that could be the clue to fix the problem. We were able to convert a non working file into a working one but there is still lot of research and work to do. We will keep you informed about this.

Please if you have option files that crash when you load them it will be nice if you can upload them and with a great number of non working files it will be easy for us to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks for your help
Ariel

Last edited:
Does anyone have a problem with CL mode?When i reach quarter final remach it always crashes.I also heard that many people have a same problem....

We are working on fixing the Become a Legends Mode bug that makes PES 2009 randomly crash when you reach certain stage of your career. The problem seems to be related to the saved game file. Working on them, comparing a working file with a non working one we found out certain differences that could be the clue to fix the problem. We were able to convert a non working file into a working one but there is still lot of research and work to do. We will keep you informed about this.

Please if you have option files that crash when you load them it will be nice if you can upload them and with a great number of non working files it will be easy for us to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks for your help
Ariel
where can i post my "bad" savegamefiles?

KONAMI have accepted the problems so why are you still looking for reasons?

its better to wait for a fix-update-patch whatever..

hi guys maybe this could help you, i had the same problem but i didnt have to delete or whatever my save file,

this what i had and then what i did;

first i had kitserver---- i had uninstalled it
then i had a modified settings.exe----i have replaced by the original one from the dvd
and then a had the no dvd crack--just replaced it by a new one ( i hate loading it from the dvd everytime and for sure leave your dvd in the dvd drive

hope someone will try it out and `ll reply

I think in 'supportered resolution' of settings the game don't crash but after played in you can 'test' with old save cause he looks 'corrupted'

Helped me.
I used a modified settings.exe and set a higher resolution then the supported. strange thing is that i have more framedrops with the Supported as the Higher Resolution. But it crashed in the BAL mode, now after setting back to supported Not one Crash.

I guess konamy has no idea of what beta testing is. Its not like we are not talking about game breaking issues here, shitload of em actually...

edit: btw playing on 1024*768 and lower resolutions seems to be working for almost everyone if not everyone. I was also crashing when i got the the starting team and im already in season 2 after changing the resolution to 1024*768 with no crashes at all.

Last edited:
The problem is the following in Become a Legend Mode :

Randomly the BAL Option Files become corrupted. The game overwrites important data with unkwown one. It overwrites data related to players nationality, progress, age, height, etc. So the game crashes and the OF becomes corrupted ( if you load it again you will get the same crash ).

I was able to replace data of a working file into a non working file and it worked. But I've lost the player nationality, height, ( they were replaced with the ones of the working file) but I kept fixtures, team, and progress.

The problem is the following in Become a Legend Mode :

Randomly the BAL Option Files become corrupted. The game overwrites important data with unkwown one. It overwrites data related to players nationality, progress, age, height, etc. So the game crashes and the OF becomes corrupted ( if you load it again you will get the same crash ).

I was able to replace data of a working file into a non working file and it worked. But I've lost the player nationality, height, ( they were replaced with the ones of the working file) but I kept fixtures, team, and progress.

I think this was not my crashing problem, my OF didn't become corrupt or something else. It is another crashing problem and i hope you will resolve this.
Before i lowered the resolution my game crashed everytime in the same week or i was able to play one game and crash.
As i wrote before lowering the resolution helped me and it seems that it helped many others too.
I hope there will be a fix, because it works smoother and with better frames on my PC on teh higher resolution.

My BAL games always crashed in week 12, then I changed the resolution from 1680x1050 to 1280x800 and it has never crashed since. I'm in season 2 now and still going well...

The tool will fix Become a Legend mode crashed games. If you have a saved file that gives you an error the tool will restore it.

Later I´ll work on UEFA CL broken games to see if I find a solution.

Back
Top Bottom