Become a Legend

I was asking cause I've read on another forum that the problem only occurs with AMD processors and not Intel. They fixed it with new drivers and a AMD CPU optimizer fix.

What forum is it? i would like to read it.

also crash in window mode and cool&quiet deactivated.

My question is: is it crashing for EVERYONE?? If someone read this and doesnt have any problem (with a lot of weeks played), please post.

What forum is it? i would like to read it.

also crash in window mode and cool&quiet deactivated.

My question is: is it crashing for EVERYONE?? If someone read this and doesnt have any problem (with a lot of weeks played), please post.

Some guys don't have the problem but i don't know if they have the original game. A guy says that he downloaded the game an playing without problems.

Same Problem for me. Always crashes after 9th week when coming back from the match to menu. It looks like it will show some news or pics in the calendar menu and then it crashes: Pes2009.exe problem it says. The Auto Save function is disabled and my save games are not corrupted after the crashes.

That is really annoying and i hope that konami is informed about that BAL Crash Problem and can solve it asap.

CPU: Intel E6600 Dual Core
GPU: GF 8800GTX

I use the latest Nvidia Forceware Drivers 178.13_whql

P.S.
Does anybody has a link to other Forums where people got that problem? Im not sure if this problem is hardware specific, so it
would be good if people that dont have that crash in BAL could post their DxDiag or name their Hardware config.

i think ive got it. Its a problem with usb pad (as Lenry pointed). This is mine, a generic usb pad. (Instead rainbow it says venom). The closest ive found to the ps2.

img121827.jpg

So, if i unplug it and load the game, i can avoid the crash, playing with keyboard.

So for those with problems, please, post your gamepad.

Last edited:
LOL
AMD64 3700
8600 GT
XP SP2
PS2 pad with usb adaptador.
My game is not crashing, my problem it when i save the game, only works with the game windowed.

i think ive got it. Its a problem with usb pad (as Lenry pointed). This is mine, a generic usb pad. (Instead rainbow it says venom). The closest ive found to the ps2.

img121827.jpg

So, if i unplug it and load the game, i can avoid the crash, playing with keyboard.

So for those with problems, please, post your gamepad.

nope, i posted to quick. i played three games with keyboard, and it crashed again. im giving up.

Has anyone tried this? It was posted at the other Forum

Before hitting "main menu" after the match. ALT+Enter to go window mode and stay like that until you get safely to BAL menu or even right before the next match. Tested it twice with the same save game and so far so good

I will try it myself now and hope it helps.
Im also using a PS2 USB Converter and never had a problem using
it with PES 2008 so i dont think thats the problem.

We really need some infos from people that dont have these crashes

I also experienced the crash now.
But before that i got to play a game on the bench with Genoa. When the match kicks of there is 20 player in the middle!! U se all 20 outfield players near the middleline. Then when the match is going i would say that the formations are 1-0-9!!
Every attack there is 9 forward against i defender!! Wtf is this. Havent they even bodered to play 10-11 games before they relaese it? Unbeliveble!!!

This is what the kickoff looks like!!
[/url][url=http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php][img=http://img225.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif][/url]

Then i was supposed to that this freekick, even though im on the bench! Could not get the freekick going, so had to turn the game of!
[URL=http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=joke2kl2.jpg][IMG]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4375/joke2kl2.th.jpg

Last edited:
I think i found the problem.

I am using the modded "Settings" to have the higher resolutions and playing in 1400*900 the game crash but with a resolution that comes with the original "Settings" it works just fine ... i did 6 games and no crash, i switched to 1440*900 and the game crashed.

Anyone can confirm this? Or there is anyone that doesnt have the modded "Settings" and have the problem?

I am using the modded "Settings" to have the higher resolutions and playing in 1400*900 the game crash but with a resolution that comes with the original "Settings" it works just fine ... i did 6 games and no crash, i switched to 1440*900 and the game crashed.

Anyone can confirm this? Or there is anyone that doesnt have the modded "Settings" and have the problem?

I also experienced the crash now.
But before that i got to play a game on the bench with Genoa. When the match kicks of there is 20 player in the middle!! U se all 20 outfield players near the middleline. Then when the match is going i would say that the formations are 1-0-9!!
Every attack there is 9 forward against i defender!! Wtf is this. Havent they even bodered to play 10-11 games before they relaese it? Unbeliveble!!!

This is what the kickoff looks like!!
[/url][url=http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php][img=http://img225.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif][/url][/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQDWfUKIykA]YouTube - PES 2009 be a legend mode BUG ![/url]

U mean this ? :-)

Its got nothing to do with resolution or window-full mode. There must be software or hardware problem on PC. My friend has the same version of game as me. It works fine for him, mine crashes. I know people form MIRC they have illegal copy and it works others have also ill. copy it works not. My friend sent me his pes.exe and it crashed again for me he is playing HIGH details 1024 x 768 FULL screen without problems, I chose same settings , I had same pes.exe as him, and it still crashes, so it must be something with software or hardware, maybe som drivers or I dont know.

im also having the same problems here, my become a legend game crashes sometimes when i try to load the match, sometimes before i even get to click on next match.

amd x4 9950
3870 crossfire
windows vista 64

Im using the default settings and the game still crashes...

look here http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pes20092008101611040365ir9.jpg

Think i FIND SOMETHING HERE

I have saved the game that crashes in week 10. The crash occours week 12. I also got 3 different slots with saved game from week 12 , just before going to match. When i start be a legande mode and choose "load data" i can only choose the "week 10" game.
BUT when i come to week 12, just before the match that crashes the game, and go to "save game" the three "week12" saves are shown! When i check "my documents/konami i have one "PES2009_BL01.bin" saved game. And three "PES2009_LC01/2/3.bin"
I guess the "pes2009_BL01.bin" is the week 10 game, when it does not crasch. The other three are obviously the three saved slots from the week when the game crasch.

So basically what i am saying is that somethings happens with the whole game in the "crash-week". I mean why are they saved game from crasch-week called LC instead of BL? I got no solution, and no idea of why.. but maybe someobodyelse do.

Last edited:
Its got nothing to do with resolution or window-full mode. There must be software or hardware problem on PC. My friend has the same version of game as me. It works fine for him, mine crashes. I know people form MIRC they have illegal copy and it works others have also ill. copy it works not. My friend sent me his pes.exe and it crashed again for me he is playing HIGH details 1024 x 768 FULL screen without problems, I chose same settings , I had same pes.exe as him, and it still crashes, so it must be something with software or hardware, maybe som drivers or I dont know.

Them i don'te know...

I tried to Alt + F4 before go to the menu after the games, like another user said and so far no crashs

Guys, may be it has something to deal with autosave feature?? Because if the save after the crash is corrupted it means that something happens during the time it saves the new results.. Is there anybody who plays without autosave feature and it still crashes for him??

Think i FIND SOMETHING HERE

I have saved the game that crashes in week 10. The crash occours week 12. I also got 3 different slots with saved game from week 12 , just before going to match. When i start be a legande mode and choose "load data" i can only choose the "week 10" game.
BUT when i come to week 12, just before the match that crashes the game, and go to "save game" the three "week12" saves are shown! When i check "my documents/konami i have one "PES2009_BL01.bin" saved game. And three "PES2009_LC01/2/3.bin"
I guess the "pes2009_BL01.bin" is the week 10 game, when it does not crasch. The other three are obviously the three saved slots from the week when the game crasch.

So basically what i am saying is that somethings happens with the whole game in the "crash-week". I mean why are they saved game from crasch-week called LC instead of BL? I got no solution, and no idea of why.. but maybe someobodyelse do.

Have exact the same Problem. First the crashes and now i got the 11 GK Bug in formation and when i start the game with 11 GK it crashes again. Before i entered to the next game i saved and the savegame is also called "PES2009_LC01.bin" in the KONAMI folder.

I renamed this savegame back to "PES2009_BL01.bin" and it appears in the load game screen but if u try to load it, it says save file is corrupted.

I dont really think this a problem of Hardware, Drivers or OS that must be a bad coding fault from KONAMI.
What about others? Do they have testet the BAL Mode or can they really play it without crashes and bugs?

Is there any official PES2009 Forum to post these Problems, because i dont know if KONAMI knows about these Problems.

I dont know why this hasnt been seen during the beta testing and why are there so much problems now? Never had these probs in
PES2008. It has to be fixed asap......:RANT:

Guys, may be it has something to deal with autosave feature?? Because if the save after the crash is corrupted it means that something happens during the time it saves the new results.. Is there anybody who plays without autosave feature and it still crashes for him??

I dont use the autosave function and it also crashes.
Dont know what it can be? But im sure its a coding fault
from KONAMI and we have to wait for a patch.

Them i don'te know...

I tried to Alt + F4 before go to the menu after the games, like another user said and so far no crashs

Yes i tried that method too and i got no crashes either, but then
after some games there was the 11 player as Goalkeepers Bug in the start formation and the game crashes again.

Seems that this year the PC Version is realy Fu**ed up and cant
believe this happend to my loved PES. Hope it can be fixed, who knows? But they have to hurry up with the patch/fix because if
not i will have to return this faulty piece of software and it can be very hard to return PC software to the stores if it is opened/used.

Obviously, they are aware of these problems, i'm almost sure they read forums like evo-web or something. At least, if i were the developer, i would read it, because i would've liked to know what people say about my work.

The question is: how soon will they be releasing patches? It is not that easy to find the exact peace of code causing this crashes. I have heard they are going to release it in mid november - but that is miles away from today! What the hell they are thinking about? Last year they released the 1st patch in a week or sooner after the game arrived, if i am not wrong. The main problem in Konami is the attitude towards pes fans.

Obviously, they are aware of these problems, i'm almost sure they read forums like evo-web or something. At least, if i were the developer, i would read it, because i would've liked to know what people say about my work.

The question is: how soon will they be releasing patches? It is not that easy to find the exact peace of code causing this crashes. I have heard they are going to release it in mid november - but that is miles away from today! What the hell they are thinking about? Last year they released the 1st patch in a week or sooner after the game arrived, if i am not wrong. The main problem in Konami is the attitude towards pes fans.

Yes last year they released a patch really quick after release but i think they never really sayed what these patches are good for.

Also last year there were not such issues witch the coding in PES2008, i had no crashes or major bugs. So i really hope someone from KONAMI is informed about these years PC Problems so they can fix it asap.

ive had no problem so far, almost finished a season.

intel core 2 quad
nividia geforce 9800 GTX
vista 64-bit

ive had no problem so far, almost finished a season.

intel core 2 quad
nividia geforce 9800 GTX
vista 64-bit

Thx for the info lau604!
could u please give some infos? Which Nvidia Forceware version are you running? Do you use a Gamepad? Are you playing with original resolutions or custom(PC Monitor or TV)?

Perhaps you could post your DxDiag so we can compare it.

Thank you in advance for your info because i think its very important to exchange with people that havent had any problems with the Game.

Hi, while i was browsing for a possible fix to the CTD problem, i stumbled upon this topic.

I've had the CTD in become a legend mode in the latter half of the second season so it can happen anytime, not just in the first weeks. It pops up a Windows error but the game still runs normally, however when i try to go to the match, it crashes.
I've also had a CTD in the CL mode (this one crashes when i try to go to the lineup screen).

In my opinion the CTD in BAL mode and in LC mode, the bug that someone posted on youtube are connected, it seems that the CTDs are related to perhaps corrupted lineups.

If thats the case then we have no other choice than wait for KONAMI to release a quickfix :(.

by the way, the gamesave time in full screen seems to be an antivirus problem. When i disable it, it saves fast. Ive got Nod32. Can someone confirm this?

Back
Top Bottom