Battlestar Galactica/Caprica

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Thank god it's only a mid season finale. It's supposed to be 10 more epps?

A great episode nonetheless!

BTW why did D'Anna said that only 4 were on the fleet? Maybe it's Baltar de final cylon?

4 on the fleet must mean the 5th WAS on the fleet or is on the bayship!!!!! I think that Earth could've been WW3! But it might just be another planet. Roselyn is meant to die before they reach earth, or die when they arrive, and they still need her to explain Hera and the opera house.

FFS SO LONG TO GO!!!!

EDIT - Did anyone think Admiral Adama's acting was incredible in this episode?

Last edited:

http://io9.com/5027556/trailer-proves-caprica-shouldnt-be-tied-to-bsg
The Sci Fi Channel just released its first trailer for Caprica, the prequel to Battlestar Galactica that shows the origins of the Cylons. The trailer shows glimpses of some of the issues the show will raise: about cyber consciousness versus "real" consciousness, and faith versus the randomness of the universe. But watching the trailer, I couldn't help wishing it was an original series from Ron Moore and company — one which picks up a lot of the ideas from BSG, but doesn't stagger under the baggage of tying in with it.

The story of a grieving father who tries to replace his dead daughter with a cybernetic organism — only to create a whole new form of life — is just bursting with potential and poignancy. And yet, I'm worried all of the stuff about the roots of the Adama family and other assorted BSG-related loose ends will drown it in clutter.

Caprica movie.

there's an SG1 movie?
couldn't be better than the original with James Spader.

also, the jury's out on that Caprica prequel.

One of the comments made really makes me question the trailer - how can this cylon daughter be a skinjob if the first cylons were all centurions or robots??

True! I thought of that.

I'm guessing that nobody knew, besides the guy who made her, that cylons could look human. He probably made them robotic looking, to make big bucks! :-pp

Or maybe... she's the final cylon? :CONFUSE:

:))

Watching all now?

:))

Actually I'm rewatching the entire show. On season 2 now.

It's nice seeing Tigh doing his thing, getting drunk, but (we)knowing he is a cylon

Dr. Cottle is my fav caracther:
President Laura Roslin: Doctor, I need your help. But it's illegal, dangerous and in violation of your oath as an officer.
Dr. Cottle: You're a lousy salesman.

:LOL:

Last edited:

"It's time to get some answers."

AT LAST !!!

Great 'sode.

"JUMP" :LOL:.

Youhou !

I love the finale sequence when
Cylons and Humans, together, are watching the devasted Earth. They're all desperate !

Season 4 : 7/10

PS : Some future episodes may have their length doubled !

Last edited:

Very tempted to watch season 1-4 all over again.....

In other news:

The Cylons had a plan, but they blew it when they failed to completely exterminate the human race with their sneak attack.

That's the gist of a just-announced two-hour Battlestar Galactica "special event," which will air in 2009 after the series' hotly anticipated final episodes.

The story will be set prior to the Cylon nuke attack that kicked off the re-imagined series, and will focus on Cylon Number One (aka the supercreepy Cavil, played by Dean Stockwell), resistance leader Sam Anders (Michael Trucco) and Chief Galen Tyrol (Aaron Douglas).

Those cast members have been confirmed, with more announcements due soon, according to the Sci Fi Channel press release.

Series star Edward James Olmos (who plays Adm. William Adama, pictured center) will direct the two-hour Galactica special, which will focus on the struggles of sleeper Cylons and human survivors on the Galactica and the rest of the ragtag fleet after the devastating Cylon blitz.

Galactica co-executive producer Jane Espenson will pen the script for the special, which is scheduled to begin shooting in Vancouver, British Columbia, at summer's end. Like 2007's Razor extended episode, the as-yet-unnamed movie-length special will be released quickly on DVD after it is aired. The final 10 Galactica episodes (some of them supersized) will air in 2009.

Last edited:

I had a marathon of BSG in the last two weeks.
It's great watching everything in row without having to wait a fracking week. :))

I still need to rewatch Razor though, even still I wasn't too fond of that "extended episode".

I think the last 20 minutes of Razor were good.... nice cliffhanger :D It also actually reveals what happens in Season 4, when the hybrid speaks to Shaw:

At last, they have come for me. I feel their lives, their destinies spilling out before me. The denial of the one true path, played out on a world not their own, will end soon enough. Soon there will be four, glorious in awakening, struggling with the knowledge of their true selves. The pain of revelation bringing new clarity. And in the midst of confusion, he will find her. Enemies brought together by impossible longing. Enemies now joined as one. The way forward at once unthinkable, yet inevitable. And the fifth, still in shadow, will claw toward the light, hungering for redemption that will only come in the howl of terrible suffering. I can see them all. The seven, now six, self-described machines who believe themselves without sin. But in time, it is sin that will consume them. They will know enmity, bitterness, the wrenching agony of one splintering into many. And then, they will join the promised land, gathered on the wings of an angel. Not an end, but a beginning.

Last edited:

sooo, Ellen is the fifth but Starbuck died and was reborn?

And why wasn't her hair all burned up?

Anyway, decent episode. I'm guessing alot more revelations are coming, and can't wait for the final showdown between Cavil's crew and the rest of the folks.

I'm guessing Cavil finds out earth through Ellen, when she was killed by Tigh and he kept the secret for himself from everybody. He kept saying something like "they don't know what they have done". Means he knows something, and his source may be Ellen.

Majorly depressing, really hope they're not going to end the series this way, I remember when there was as much action as there was drama and intrigue, now it's just melodrama :(

Brutal episode. One of the best so far.
I knew cavil knew more than the others, since he said those words back at the end of the season break. And it seemed there were more cylon models, and I have to wonder If we will still see them. Daniel!? It still leaves room for Starbuck it seems.

I can't believe there are only 5 episodes left.... this is so saddening.

From what I understood....
- 12 tribes of Kobol, created cylons who were 'slaves'... they wanted independence so left and formed the 13th tribe.
- The tribes disagreed with the gods or prophecy, so they all left and formed their colonies, with the 13th cylon tribe going to Earth
- The cylons created centurions that turned against them. During this process, the final 5 survivors of Earth managed to create memory storage and revival hub in a spaceship
- Final 5 try to warn other 12 colonies about the centurions being evil if they are 'slaves'.... but its too late and the centurions are creating hybrids... this is the first cylon war
- A deal is struck with the final 5 and the centurions - they created the first skinjobs- John/Cavil. Centurions leave for 40 years
- John, power hungry, kills his creators (so the cycle keeps continuing) after creating the other models, including the murdering of Daniel since he was jealous
- The final 5 were boxed and given fake lives on the colonies to witness the genocide of humanity as punishment from John..
- John rapes Ellen, takes Tigh's eye out etc....

Basically everyone turns on their leaders, and the 13th tribe of Earth are actually good cylons

I love BSG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom