Battlefield 3

Yeah they're making it impossible to hover up on it so people can't go out of the normal map.

Cool, hopefully they stop people being able to kill people with them aswell.

Are they making the choppers more vulnerable?

Sorry to keep asking, I can't be bothered to read it all :))

I just read it, bit confusing.

But it sounds like JAvelins will be more powerful, so can blow up vehicles easier than before which is good.

The Mavs might be able to kill one person, but then it is destroyed, so no more MAV killing spress thankfully, yipee!

Usas rate of fire has been reduced and I think the Frag rounds are less powerful aswell. So that is good.

There was so much info though I got a bit confused :DD

LTFC/matherto etc, After the patch it might be a better game for you? whenever it comes out? :))

Could be yeah, they've addressed a few of the things that I find most annoying about it.

The USAS especially, I've just complained to them on Twitter about it (a big positive is their community service, they're very quick to respond on there which is nice). Had a few games before with my mate and on Seine Crossing we were running round the corner at top to run down to C and were getting gunned down by a USAS in the alleyway or in the shopfront next to the flag, no way it should have such a range.

The basic gameplay will still be the same though, loose shooting compared to BC2 is a killer. Went back onto BC2 and immediately found my range with the GOL and M416, never had that with any weapon on BF3.

They've modded the knife so it's seemingly not going to be completely useless when it doesn't activate the takedown animation but I bet it'll still be bad. When it doesn't do the animation it should at least do the jab/stick motion that BC2 has, it's much, much better.

Last edited:
From time to time the audio in game virtually disappears, almost silent. It used to happen in BC2 and at the time I thought it was my old kit but since then I've upgraded and its still happening.

Does it happen to anyone else?

From time to time the audio in game virtually disappears, almost silent. It used to happen in BC2 and at the time I thought it was my old kit but since then I've upgraded and its still happening.

Does it happen to anyone else?

Yes, I get audio drops through my surround system. Happened on BC2 as well.

It sounds so weird, as it someone is blocking your ears. If you don't pay attention, you won't realise that your mcom station has been armed.

Next week sauce.

I think bf3 is good for Pc and shit for consoles.

Thats the problem all you console dudes are having.

Better to play COD on your console tbh

When is the patch out? I played it last night for the first time in nearly 3 weeks but didn't notice any patches. In fact it was same shit, different day. Twelve players ranked on colonel or higher vs twelve low ranked players (plus me) and we got spanked to the point where as an attacking team, we couldnt advance any further than twenty feet up the map...

I think that a lot of the game's mechanics just don't lend themselves to the smaller console versions properly. I would imagine the game can be awesome on PC though.

When is the patch out? I played it last night for the first time in nearly 3 weeks but didn't notice any patches.
No arrival time announced as yet. I really liked the look of the patch notes, especially when I've thought for ages that tanks & the USAS are too powerful, the Javelin is underpowered and although I've flown on the MAVic carpet myself on occasion, it's become far too popular and ruins matches, I want it gone. Same goes for the MAV killing sprees, it's just too unrealistic. Even though I once got a 10 streak on Gulf Of Oman :COAT:

Biggest gripe for me though still is being killed in deployment, often within a second of spawning.

Either way it's a total mess. Being away from the game for a while brought home how screwed this really is, I can't bring myself to play it for any length of time any more. It's really, really broken.

In half an hour today I had to quit the game four times because no matter what map I chose, it would always come up with the loading screen for 'Gulf of Oman' before going to a black screen then just freezing. I managed to then get into a game properly and yet AGAIN there was no matchmaking whatsoever. I honestly can't remember the last time the matches were remotely evenly contested. Either my team that I join are dominating so much that it's insanely boring, or, as in this case, I joined a game on Davamand Peak where my team were attacking and I don't think we got a single player more than thirty yards down the hill before being killed. It went like that for ten minutes until they whittled down all of our tickets and we lost. They had a level 40 colonel on 33 kills for zero deaths just hovering above their MCOMs in a chopper, with his mate repairing from inside and using flares, rendering him indestructible.

There are lots of problems I can overlook in the game but the total lack of interesting matches have ruined it for me. I'd estimate probably one in every twenty matches ever played have actually been an absorbing, even contest where one team narrowly won over the other. Virtually all matches in any game mode seem to be a complete and utter slaughtering, and when you're on even the winning team, frankly, it's still boring. This is bizarre because my main memory of playing BC2 is one of epic matches that went on for forty five minutes at a time. Most Rush matches in BF3 don't last longer than ten minutes.

Last edited:
I'll give this game another bash once the patch hits. Last roll of the dice for me (no pun intended).

If the same shit occurs then this game will be up for sale/trade.

Either way it's a total mess. Being away from the game for a while brought home how screwed this really is, I can't bring myself to play it for any length of time any more. It's really, really broken.

Yeah mine got traded for UFC last week. Also i think 30fps really hurts this title, while im totally bored of COD the 60fps really shows and makes a difference, i'd much rather have the 60fps over the nice graphics everyday of the week. I guess this game on PC with 60FPS+ would be bloody marvellous!

Yeah mine got traded for UFC last week. Also i think 30fps really hurts this title, while im totally bored of COD the 60fps really shows and makes a difference, i'd much rather have the 60fps over the nice graphics everyday of the week. I guess this game on PC with 60FPS+ would be bloody marvellous!

There are so many COD titles out there. I am looking for a really cheap good single player offline experience. Which one would you get now?

There are so many COD titles out there. I am looking for a really cheap good single player offline experience. Which one would you get now?

Probably COD 4 MW, But you could take your pick of any of the MW games for single player as they are all pretty good.

Crysis 2 was a good single player.

Plus if you're on PC or Xbox then the Left4Dead games are a pretty fun alternative if you're looking for a step away from military style shooters.

Probably the best value single player FPS out there though is Half Life: Orange Box. You can pick it up for less than a tender now and is a compilation of all the Half Life 2 and all it's add-on games, including Portal, which are absolute classics.

I just read it, bit confusing.

But it sounds like JAvelins will be more powerful, so can blow up vehicles easier than before which is good.

The Mavs might be able to kill one person, but then it is destroyed, so no more MAV killing spress thankfully, yipee!

Usas rate of fire has been reduced and I think the Frag rounds are less powerful aswell. So that is good.

There was so much info though I got a bit confused :DD

LTFC/matherto etc, After the patch it might be a better game for you? whenever it comes out? :))

If the patch makes it so that you can actually take out choppers from the ground, and they fix the MAV glitch, then maybe it'll be worth coming back to. I really don't see why they don't use the BC2 system because there's no real way of fixing it. If they make it so that choppers are helpless against rockets then that won't be right, but the way it's currently done isn't right either, as with a co-pilot repairing in the back you can be all but invulnerable. In BC2 you'd have to equip a flare gun and shoot the chopper first to get a homing target, and that made it so anyone on your team could fire a locked on rocket. It took skill to hit one with a flare, but it balanced out a lot more.

Is that right about the MAV blowing up after killing one person? There's no way I can see them doing that to be honest. It'll completely stop everyone from ever using it (which would be a good think IMO). No-one's gonna spend their game sitting there and just spotting enemies, getting 10pts a time. They'd finish with just a few hundred points.

Bah, even the sound of the MAVs are annoying. When multiple people are using them all you can hear through the whole match is that constant buzzing sound...

Last edited:
Is that right about the MAV blowing up after killing one person? There's no way I can see them doing that to be honest. It'll completely stop everyone from ever using it (which would be a good think IMO). No-one's gonna spend their game sitting there and just spotting enemies, getting 10pts a time. They'd finish with just a few hundred points.

Thats what it seems to say in the notes, that you sacrifice your MAV if you kill a player with it?

I played with Jaygrim once when for one round he just used the MAV and he got quite a large score. I think you get more points if people on your squad kill spotted enemies/vehicles etc?

Ah, that would make sense. If that's the case, and people can be encouraged to use it when it can only be used for spotting etc, then that'd be good for the game.

That reminds me, last time I played this I finally saw someone using the little robot thing to set an MCOM charge. It looked really funny. Some dude was banging in smoke grenades then driving the robot in to set the charge. Inventive!

apparently you will be able to spot with the robot aswell with the update. Also the robot will be a bit easier to drive. I used it a couple of times and then never again.

I played with Jaygrim once when for one round he just used the MAV and he got quite a large score. I think you get more points if people on your squad kill spotted enemies/vehicles etc?

Yeah that was really good I just followed my squad who were all sticking together and spotting the enemy as they approached.

I had a 52 minute match of Rush on Strike At Karkand last night. Seven players each side, headsets on pretty much everyone, great teamwork both sides.

Just thought I'd share this here as it was a real shock! I'd spent the previous hour or so in horrific matches lasting 5-7 minutes over & over again. That final roll of the dice, via finding a new server, turned out excellent.

Back
Top Bottom