Battlefield 3

I had a 52 minute match of Rush on Strike At Karkand last night. Seven players each side, headsets on pretty much everyone, great teamwork both sides.

Just thought I'd share this here as it was a real shock! I'd spent the previous hour or so in horrific matches lasting 5-7 minutes over & over again. That final roll of the dice, via finding a new server, turned out excellent.

If only it was always like that! I've kinda stopped playing this entirely for the moment, none of my mates who all pre-ordered then took time off work to play it (such is their love for BF games) have all abandoned it.

If only it was always like that!
I know. I've had a few hours on the game since and average match length is around 8-10 minutes. Slowly losing interest, but I will see what the patch brings and the newly announced DLC. Can't say I'm too primed for "Close Quarters" though, looks to squeeze out team play for more run & gun action*

http://bf3blog.com/2012/03/battlefield-3-close-quarters-dlc-announced
As expected, EA and DICE finally announced some new Battlefield 3 DLC for at GDC. In total, we’ll be getting 3 DLC packs this year, the first one being “Close Quarters”, which is scheduled for release in June.
The DLC focuses on tight, indoor infantry combat, much alike on Operation Metro. This time, however, Close Quarters brings new and improved destruction to interiors, something DICE calls “HD destruction”. Close Quarters will bring new maps, weapons, assignments and dog tags. No news on how many maps the DLC will include.
This Fall, a new DLC called Armored Kill will bring more vehicle-based maps, and another DLC, called “End Game” is scheduled for release this winter.
We have the first gameplay video of Battlefield 3 Close Quarters after the break.
*randomness

I've had better rounds lately simply due to the PDW-R being a fantastic weapon. Shame the clip size is so small.

There was a good one on Oman whereby the rest of my team were being dicks sniping from the construction site buildings and the whole of their team (8 players) were sniping from the beach/Vet Retreat.

Managed to knife 5 of them and then my mate turned up and ran the other three over in a tank.

We must've been the only ones playing it properly.

Now I can get pissed off with Battlefield.

Me and a friend tried to connect last night, but it wouldn't let us join eachothers games. Kept saying check network adaptor etc

But we could both individually join Multiplayer games online, but it just wouldn't let us hook up together!

That is really bad?!

We both reset our routers etc but it still wasn't letting us play together.

Does anybody know a fix for this? because it is ridiculous.

I tweeted them about that and they just told me to "find a game with more space". Yeah thanks dickhead.

They are idiots, because we tried to hook up on Co-op aswell and it said the same thing? so it is nothing to do with Space on the server.

I also found a server with only 4 people on and invited my friend straight away, so there was plenty of room. I did this a number of times.

They need to sort it out, it is ridiculous. (I am going to keep saying it :DD)

I tweeted them about that and they just told me to "find a game with more space". Yeah thanks dickhead.

I've been "awarded" a collective 200 deaths for absolutely nothing at the end of a couple of rounds and when I asked about it I was told they could do nothing about it as it was a rare glitch.

Basically, I had to deal with it. My K/D ratio is bad enough as it is (which is frustrating considering it was impressive on BC2), but I didn't need it being made worse for no reason.

I've been "awarded" a collective 200 deaths for absolutely nothing at the end of a couple of rounds and when I asked about it I was told they could do nothing about it as it was a rare glitch.

Basically, I had to deal with it. My K/D ratio is bad enough as it is (which is frustrating considering it was impressive on BC2), but I didn't need it being made worse for no reason.

Wait, so you end a game and the glitch kicks in adding 200 deaths to your k/d score? Blimey :SHOCK:

I'm beginning to think that the game was a step too far for consoles. Maybe the extent to which the game was pushed in the first place is having an effect or something. I don't know.

But my experience has been one of failing to connect to my friend's games, having issues with all of us getting into squads, this strange glitch meaning I can never choose an Operation Metro CQ game from the quick menu, constant occasions where the game loses its sound, my squad mates in party chat having their voice chat cut off, regular random occasions where no matter what map I choose, the game will bring up the Gulf of Oman map loading screen despite me not choosing it, then fade out and freeze my console, oh and my favourite of all, randomly dying mid-match for no reason at all and it coming up saying 'Bad Luck'. Thanks for that EA. That last one happens a lot actually.

Yeah it was a real kick in the nuts for me, as I have moved to Israel from London and one of my best mates bought the game so every now and then we can catch up and also play Battlefield...We tried for 2 hours the other night, messing around with our routers and everthing and couldn't connect to eachothers games...but could play on our own online.

It was just stupid, I may have to get COD so that I can know for sure that I can play him when he is about.

Found a bargain on local cd-key store of battlefield 3 Russian version which is about twice cheaper than English version and decided to give it a go. Btw You can download and apply any language pack easily anyways..
Despite it being cheap, I'm rather disappointed about the purchase, because i only find this game boring and frustrating yet. Been playing infantry battles mostly and its ridiculous how much spawn killing can be abused, had few guys killing me right after spond like 6 times in a row. Another issue i personally have is enemy spotting, due to the camouflage model skins, had some bizarre moments when i don't see enemy in front of me, laying in a bush. And in a games when i wasn't cannon fodder and had some own killing streaks i hadn't much fun with game and would rather spent that time on other games. Vehicles is quite unexplored yet, but i doubt ill ever have patience to master them since i don't like the game overall.
Maybe its just me not being military shooters fan.

Wait, so you end a game and the glitch kicks in adding 200 deaths to your k/d score? Blimey :SHOCK:

I'm beginning to think that the game was a step too far for consoles. Maybe the extent to which the game was pushed in the first place is having an effect or something. I don't know.

But my experience has been one of failing to connect to my friend's games, having issues with all of us getting into squads, this strange glitch meaning I can never choose an Operation Metro CQ game from the quick menu, constant occasions where the game loses its sound, my squad mates in party chat having their voice chat cut off, regular random occasions where no matter what map I choose, the game will bring up the Gulf of Oman map loading screen despite me not choosing it, then fade out and freeze my console, oh and my favourite of all, randomly dying mid-match for no reason at all and it coming up saying 'Bad Luck'. Thanks for that EA. That last one happens a lot actually.

Yeah I've had that last one too. I'm thinking, how the hell did I die then, and my dog tags come up as though I've killed myself.

Frustrating.

I'm not impressed from what I've seen of the new DLC either. Looks like they're trying to take it more and more towards the close quarter city type levels full of coridoors and not much destruction yet again.

I'm not even confident that if they made a Bad Company 3, that it wouldn't be more like this to be honest.

looks like more rainbow 6 stylee.

Doesn't look that bad to me and you don't have to buy it, its just extra content.

My mate finally got BC2 back last night, had five games that lasted for a few hours overall. People actually bother to play it properly and the game itself isn't broken and glitched to hell.

Also illustrates the value of good maps. I like Sharqi and Oman but really, they're not a patch on the likes of Panama, Arica, Oasis or Nelson Bay.

Currently rolling with :

Assault : Famas (Foregrip/Holographic/Heavy Barrel)
Engineer : M4A1 (Foregrip/RDS/Heavy Barrel)
Support : M249 (Foregrip/Holo/Extended Mag)
Recon : Nope.

Just unlocked the M16A4 on Assault too but not sure if it's worth dropping the Famss for.

This is a great site for a quick summary of each weapon:
http://www.nowgamer.com/cheats/battlefield3-cheats/1110210/battlefield_3_weapon_guide.html

The FAMAS is a beast. I also love using the F2000 and AEK.

Very true, which is why virtually everyone uses it. I personally prefer the AEK but not using the FAMAS would be putting myself at a disadvantage straight from the off - which sucks.

To be honest the guns in BF3 just don't feel different enough. Again, BC2 is miles ahead in this regard.

With the USAS-12 and frag rounds attached, you don't even need to aim. A bunch of shots in the vague direction of someone will kill you from the splash damage against a wall five feet behind you while you're crouched behind a wall. Total joke.

I'm enjoying my other games far too much right now to be honest, I'll try this again after it's patched but I'm not missing it too much.

The Famas is nowhere near as overpowered as the USAS12. That's basically a point and shoot to kill.

Hmmm you're right but still hella cheesy that Famas, people with heavy barrel kill with 2 bullets that look like one since that thing have huge ratio, it wins almost every one on one.

With the Usas you at least get noobs that don't realize it damage themselves and they barely got streaks with it.

In games there are always people abusing gameplay flaws, its annoying, I mean the game is huge, loads of guns etc, and all you see around is USAS, Famas and M320s.

Nowadays I'm preferring to play against clan buddies, that play for fun, try new stuff. Those random servers that you are alone are awful.

Its not the USAS12 thats overpowered, it's the frag rounds. If you use the MK31, DAO-12, it's about the same result.

Been having fun playing TDM in hardcore, with the L96 (bolt action sniper rifle). One shot, one kill is great, but if I miss I'm doomed with the reload. :)

It's a nice challenge.

The FAMAS feels weird to me, it zooms in too much and doesn't leave room to see what's in front of me on either side of my target.

Unless I'm playing as a Support, I'm good to go with my M4... /Shotgun and smoke.

I only switch to Engineer if there's a constant wave of tanks and Recon is boring in this game, no motion sensors.

Back
Top Bottom