AC Milan Thread - GILARDINO TO MILAN!!!!!

I still think had Pippo started, he would have scored, I mean there was one header by sheva who headed towards the linesman and not the goal??? Inzaghi is always a threat IMO and his record speaks for itself.,I thought Rui looked sharp when he came on but too little to late. I wonder if this will alter Traps mind for recalling Paulo Maldini back to the Nazionale.

Carlo Ancelotti has attempted to analyse Milan’s extraordinary collapse in La Coruna, but dubbed it “inexplicable”.

“We certainly didn’t expect this and something happened that is beyond explanation,” he said after their 4-0 defeat in Spain. “There were all the signs that the team was concentrated and we had that early warning from Real Madrid’s exit.”

The quarter-finals of the Champions’ League have seen all the favourites crash out in spectacular fashion after holding first leg leads.

“We came up against a team that was having an incredible night where everything went in its favour. There were also some errors, but the rest is inexplicable.”

Walter Pandiani grabbed an early goal in the first leg and repeated the trick by scoring after just five minutes.

“We reacted well after the first goal, but the second from a set-piece knocked us for six. That strike boosted Depor’s morale and damaged ours.”

Ancelotti’s tactics have now come under the microscope with an unprotected midfield and Serginho replacing Andrea Pirlo.

“Pirlo had already been booked and with an unbalanced team there was the risk he’d be sent off. We tried to rebalance the side, but it didn’t work,” sighed the Coach.

Milan have been showing a lack of match fitness in the last few weeks, drawing their last two Serie A games with Chievo and Modena, but he maintains it is not a physical issue.

“Deportivo were certainly determined and kept that up from the opening whistle to the closing one, while a goal after just five minutes gave them that extra conviction. It has to be said that their performance must be praised.”

The Italian press is already suggesting that Ancelotti felt pressured to field two strikers upfront when his favoured 4-3-2-1 would have been more apt in this situation.

“Pirlo has been marked many times, but we have always found a way around it. The real problem here is that we were met with an incredibly aggressive team that did not leave us a centimetre of space for the entire 90 minutes.”

“We don’t have a very muscular set of players and Massimo Ambrosini would have been very useful here, but he was out injured. I didn’t think the team needed many changes from previous games.”

The Rossoneri are no longer able to defend their European title and this thrashing gives Roma renewed hope of capturing the Scudetto.

“We are clearly bitter and upset,” noted Ancelotti, “but this sort of disappointment can often spark a passionate reaction in the players. That’s what we need now.”

Milanista...i don't think after just one game the players are shit now...Inzaghi still is a great striker and Rui Costa only played 15 minutes and made 2 shots on goal. I think the big problem is Ancelotti and specially that dumb ass Berlusconi...demanding Ancelotti to always play with 2 strikers, and says he's the one responsible for Milan's great squad and success. Let's see what he has to say now...maybe now it's ancelotti's fault...

Im not saying Inzaghi is bad after this game, look at the other games this season. Reason why hes got the least goals is because of the chances he misses. Rui Costa on the other hand is a little inconsistant.

I still havent watch that match yet, waiting for the repeat tonight, just wonder has Tomasson play in this match?? I think he's ok in this season, he can score more than Inzaghi IMO.

Who could have predicted the results over the last 2 nights, amazing. Deportivo were sensational and should be given all the credit, agreed that Milan didn't play at their best, however you still have to put the ball in the net..!

Chelsea are well in with a chance now.

F**k :x :x :x :x , cant belive it.... :x :x

WTF were Milan doing :x :x

:x :(

Milanista said:
. Inzaghi has to fucking leave and Costacurta has to fucking hang his boots. .

How can you blame Inzaghi and Costacurta ?! Inzaghi didn't even start and Costacurta didn't play!

If you were to blame a player, blame the Kaka's.

One of the most shocking results in Champions League History,not to mention that they are the holders.Lose away,yes,but not letting in 4 goals with the calibre of Milan's backline.They were talking about how piss poor United's backline this season,what about this,its like dropping an atomic bomb all of a sudden.Some might say it might be a one off day result,but in the champs league?? you cant take your foot off the pedal in this tournament.I'm just so sad for Milan cause i'm rooting for them to go all the way,after United crash out,then Madrid....looks like Chelski and Porto has a huge shout now.

imo, maldini and nesta were the worst. nesta in particular, never seen him play that bad- normally i consider him the best center back on earth.

dont know what ancelotti was thinking putting in serginho, the guy is totally useless, more so in a situation where milan needed to hold the ball- did he do anything at all once in the game??

i realize kaka is young and all, but having seen him in youth tournaments for brazilian national team, i think he has a lot of talent but perhaps lacks the mental strength and heart to be a top player

the worst champion league ever
oh well since Milan's out, I'm not gonna watch the rest of the matches this season
I hope Chelsea will crush Depor for Milan in final with a 4-0
go chelsea!

Don't really care what excuses you want to put up for Milan, Deportivo went through because they are a better side than Milan. Fact.
When Deportivo beat Juventus over two-legs, apparently Juventus deserved to lose And now that they have beaten the best thing since sliced bread, apparently the yeast hasn't risen!

Give Depor some bloody credit.

Fred_Gavioes said:
milan is not shit, those comments are from fans that doesnt recognize that the other side was better in the game.

Finally, someone who actually appreciates the game posts!

Its sad but some of these so called "supporters" don't realise that there is more to the game than winning. The struggles are just as much emotional than the triumphs and are far more memorable IMO. Milan in my opinion probably, alongside arguably Arsenal, have the most complete teams in Europe and no way "shit."

The fact of the matter is they were outplayed by an adrenaline filled talented team. Capiche? (urgh....cringeworthy :oops: )

Don Domenico said:
Milanista said:

How can you blame Inzaghi and Costacurta ?! Inzaghi didn't even start and Costacurta didn't play!

Im not talkin about the Depor game when i refer to those two. Watch them all season. Inzaghi hasnt showed scoring capablities for Milan. He lost his scoring touch.

rockykabir said:
Fred_Gavioes said:
milan is not shit, those comments are from fans that doesnt recognize that the other side was better in the game.

Finally, someone who actually appreciates the game posts!

Its sad but some of these so called "supporters" don't realise that there is more to the game than winning. The struggles are just as much emotional than the triumphs and are far more memorable IMO. Milan in my opinion probably, alongside arguably Arsenal, have the most complete teams in Europe and no way "shit."

The fact of the matter is they were outplayed by an adrenaline filled talented team. Capiche? (urgh....cringeworthy :oops: )

Ern read my post 2 or 3 pages back, i even said Deportivo played an excellent game. I think Milan over all is better than deportivo. But that night wasnt our night. They were expecting us to be high on ourselves and were mentally prepared. If we played the same way as the first leg, we would have definately gone through.

Ancelotti took off Pirlo for Serginho because Pirlo was not playing a balanced game, he had too much pressure from the Depor strikers so ancelotti put serginho on because he is fast and can play defensive. We should have played a defensive game.

Anyway lets forgetr about the past :D Depor played well and i hope Monaco win CL.

bobogol said:
Don't really care what excuses you want to put up for Milan, Deportivo went through because they are a better side than Milan. Fact.
When Deportivo beat Juventus over two-legs, apparently Juventus deserved to lose And now that they have beaten the best thing since sliced bread, apparently the yeast hasn't risen!

Give Depor some bloody credit.

Juventus did play shit both legs and the rest of the season after that Depor team ... fact.

Milan on the other hand played a dominant game over Depor in the first leg and in the last 2 years. On wednesday Depor played a dominant game and deserved it. But i wouldnt say they are a better side over all was a fact. Look at the success this season in Spain compared to Milan's success in Italy. Look at Juve compared to Depor. I think its unfair after 1 terrible leg you say Depor are definately better. We did still beat them 4-1.

Well ive certainly learnt my lesson. Never predict a score in football lol.

Last time i did this i fucked up.
Man u - city 1-4
arse-chels 1-2
depor -milan 4-0
Juve-Milan 1-3
monaco -real 3-1

Never say you will win unless you actually win.

it just occured to me that I've never noticed Cafu chewing gum a couple years back... it's just strange that's all - is he trying to hide his fatigue somehow? :confused:

Hes always chewing gum, evne at Roma. Hes one of the cheekiest players ever!!! He always purposly trips someone then does that innocent smile... thats why i love him :)

Milanista said:
Don Domenico said:
Milanista said:

Im not talkin about the Depor game when i refer to those two. Watch them all season. Inzaghi hasnt showed scoring capablities for Milan. He lost his scoring touch.

All great players suffer a dip in form now and again, IMO Pippo is better and I reiterate, his record speaks for itself.

that was really close.... the game was gonna end with a tie , if Milan will continue palying like this it may not get the **** , i dont want to say it....

cuz we will take it ;)....

Back
Top Bottom