XenForo 2.1 upgrade and server move complete

I noticed a thing, when a mod get published here on EvoWeb and not re-published by stealer sites it gets very low visibility while when It get published also by stealer sites it have a boom of download. So the visibility of our mods are because of the stealer sites. This is a bad thing, so to contrast these sites we have to get more visibility and the people have to know where the mods are created. @Mart have you looked if is possible the “resource” section? Because it could be a good solution.

I got to hammer on that “report” vs “edit” button switch once again! ;)
Please make it happen. There is no alternative! ;)

I’m begging you mods and admins!

I haven't forgotten the edit option, don't worry. It'll be part of the next round of fixes.

@Mart have you looked if is possible the “resource” section? Because it could be a good solution.
The XenForo Resource manager? If so, yes and might still be an option if we can make it work well (it's also an added cost!). On the long-term list to look at.

Some emotes, specifiacally yellow/red card and angry do not appear anymore when itry to hit like. Are they removed?

Some emotes, specifiacally yellow/red card and angry do not appear anymore when itry to hit like. Are they removed?

Was waiting for someone to notice and report this :)

I've disabled them. They've been used with the sole intent to cowardly mock others way too often for our liking. While users shouldn't really take it to heart, some reported it to us and I can clearly see how this could be referred to as bullying in some instances. Like, a modder putting tons of hours into his work only to be "rewarded" with a red card. We don't want that.

Was waiting for someone to notice and report this :)

I've disabled them. They've been used with the sole intent to cowarldy mock others way too often for our liking. While users shouldn't really take it to heart, some reported it to us and I can clearly see how this could be referred to as bullying in some instances. Like, a modder putting tons of hours into his work only to be "rewarded" with a red card. We don't want that.
Hahahah. you know Tom i have a psychosis and always notice details like those, sooner or latter. :P

If you can recall that was the first thing i asked after the upgrade
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/xenforo-2-1-upgrade-and-server-move-complete.81206/post-3455518
Dark theme FTW!!! :)
QUESTION: Do the negative "REACTIONS" 'sad' & 'angry' subtract reputation "REACTION SCORE"?
But i did not expanded on it back then. I wanted back then only to mention the side effects you mention above. But i did not posted.
In other communities that we/they use this system, with cards or dislikes, i very often witness abusive reactions, cause it is too grey-zone, if the negative reaction goes to the person or the content. It becomes comlicated and some people take it lighthearted, others take it in heavy heart.

So i agree with you, it is a move in the right direction, to keep balance among people.

Hahahah. you know Tom i have a psychosis and always notice details like those, sooner or latter. :P

If you can recall that was the first thing i asked after the upgrade
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/xenforo-2-1-upgrade-and-server-move-complete.81206/post-3455518

But i did not expanded on it back then. I wanted back then only to mention the side effects you mention above. But i did not posted.
In other communities that we/they use this system, with cards or dislikes, i very often witness abusive reactions, cause it is too grey-zone, if the negative reaction goes to the person or the content. It becomes comlicated and some people take it lighthearted, others take it in heavy heart.

So i agree with you, it is a move in the right direction, to keep balance among people.

I must have missed that question back then. They did not subtract reputation, they actually added +1 to it like all other emoticons do. But it was all fun back then and, unfortunately, its comedic novelty wore off pretty quickly. I was even thinking about installing some sort of relegation system based on reaction score but parked that idea in a drawer because I wouldn't want that score to be an indicator for, well, anything :)

Hi Tom, do you think it's possible to implement the colspan, rowspan, caption and valign attributes for tables? I use tables extensively, so some more formatting options would be nice! Also, are you aware of any way to align text differently in column by column basis?

Thank you!

Hi Tom, do you think it's possible to implement the colspan, rowspan, caption and valign attributes for tables? I use tables extensively, so some more formatting options would be nice! Also, are you aware of any way to align text differently in column by column basis?

Thank you!

Sorry, I don't speak HTML, we're better off paging Dr. @Mart

Back
Top Bottom