XenForo 2.1 upgrade and server move complete

I'm still not sure if we should keep the negative ones, though, impatient/angry editing folks might abuse it to express their discontent with other people's work. I wouldn't like that.
This is a tough question.
On one hand, sometimes I dont really want to reply to some posts, coz I know it would trigger an argument, but in the same time id like to let them know that they are pissing me off.. :LOL:
On another hand - emojis are difficult to read. Lets say someone says they are not happy with a patch, coz it broke A,B and C. Then someone else puts an angry face. Are they angry with the fella who posted his opinion, or are they angry with the patch?

Then you have issues that you mentioned. Someone is working hard on a project but its getting delayed. And you have an angry horde at his doorstep. This can get a bit out of hands and might be harder to moderate. It might also demotivate people working on things.

Might be easier to stick to the ones that have obvious meaning - Likes, Laughs, Shock..

Altho I really like the yellow cards, even tho I keep getting them for some reason..
oh_boy_this_sht_is_getting_crazy_38.gif
:LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Tom
Ah it seems like Discord web doesn't load anything and gives server error unless I keep the discord app open. Is that supposed to happen or is it a problem on my end?

Edit: Ah, I tested it again multiple times. Now it's giving the error even when discord app is opened.

Last edited:
It appears that all attachments got lost during our move, hopefully it's a simple thing to fix. Will have to wait for @Mart , though.
That's not quite true - they all got moved as part of the backup/restore. It's more likely to be permissions or something wrong with a path somewhere. Will look into it of course.

Thanks for your messages, everyone, it was quite a major move so to see the site still working when I got up was the main thing!

I do see people's comments on the look/feel - nothing is set in stone, this is just the major part done.

Sorry if off-topic, but is the XenForo bb code
supported? I can't seem to make it to work.

P.S.: The new avatar style doesn't seem very flattering to mine...😇

Looks amazing @Tom good work!

its a little buggy on iPhone for me though but might just be Firefox for iOS.

sorry, also meant to say looks amazing @Mart

• Love
@Tom and @Mart is there any way to turn off avatars?
Checking the “Hide large avatars in post views” does not seem to help...
Thanks.

Lots of people don’t have avatars - instead there are these giant one-letter autogenerated circles. I was hoping there was a way to turn them off entirely, like i had with the old forum settings...
(Oh, and the yellow card is really confusing: it seems like the person who issued it was actually the that had been booked. Doesn’t it look that way?)

Lots of people don’t have avatars - instead there are these giant one-letter autogenerated circles. I was hoping there was a way to turn them off entirely, like i had with the old forum settings...
(Oh, and the yellow card is really confusing: it seems like the person who issued it was actually the that had been booked. Doesn’t it look that way?)

Yeah! hahaah... Tom should have been sent off already.

All attachments and previews should now be back.

No to the avatars question at least at the moment. That profile option to hide large avatars is already an add-on. It will go on the list though!

Dark mode implemented.

Emojis need some work in dark mode though @Mart.

Oh there are more options under the like button! nOice!

Awesome job Marty Mart, and whoever's involved.

Back
Top Bottom