World Cup 2022 Qatar

If Croatia didn't score first & argentina lead the goal, expect alot of shithousery from Argentina since they're very good with this. Long balls & Aerial duels have been proven to be argentina weakness, watch their game versus Aussie & Dutch, they've been exposed. Like i said in #341, croatia need 1 player just 1 to see all messi's movement even when he goes to bathroom. they need to cut every ball in/out to messi & let's hope hope Argentina don't play Di Maria.

Hard to tell who win, i'm on 50/50 between Argentina & Croatia.

As for france & morocco, let's be honest on paper France squad is stacked, not as good as 2018 France though, look at their reserve team against tunisia. I think mbappe will get the same treatment like he faced against england, maybe this time by his own teammate hakimi ?. Griezmann, man it's like this guy built for this short tournament Euro 2016. WC 2018 now 2022. The difference is Mbappe is the main man now, everyone attention is on mbappe while Griezmann stay under the radar playing one of the best of his career.

My heart says Morocco but my head says France

Penalty for argentina. Yep argentina lead first again. That's a bit unlucky for croatia GK 🤦‍♂️

Wtf, what's that counter attack 😂

Last edited:
Croatia really did well, they keep messi keeping in their pocket but then penalty happened 🤷. I wonder why Argentina leave their right flank empty, is it part of strategy or ?

Perisic been really bad on this game, his cross his crap.

I had no interest in a France - Croatia final replay so I'm happy with this result.

England - Argentína would have been a great final - although I am not sure England would have beaten Marocco. I do think France will beat them somewhat easily though.

Croatia should have stick to their not playing football thing that brought them here. They produced zero clean chances and gave argentinians all the space they needed to find their goals.

That said - credit where credit's due. Messi is playing an incredible World Cup and although I still don't like the way they play as a team, it carried them to the last match. If France will make it through the semis, I'll be forced to cheer for Argentina in the final.. which will be useless as France will ragdoll them anyway.

Messi really carried this Argentina team to World Cup final, incredible. I dont think this team would go this far without messi, i mean look at their squad, who's the most creative player beside Messi ? Sure it's Di Maria & Dybala but they both too injury prone.

Messi really carried this Argentina team to World Cup final, incredible. I dont think this team would go this far without messi, i mean look at their squad, who's the most creative player beside Messi ? Sure it's Di Maria & Dybala but they both too injury prone.

What about France without Mbappé, England without Kane and so on? Without individualities you cannot win the game.
Anyway, we are in the Final (yeah, Argentina´s shithousery) :BOP: .

It's kind of a tough spot. I want Morocco to beat France, but I think France would beat Argentina handily, which is what I want.
I really don't want to see Argentina win it all. I don't really support this generation of players. Can't connect with any of them, don't find them charismatic except for Lautaro and Dybala.

That being said, a special mention to Luka Modric and his amazing international career. :BSCARF: :RSCARF:

Last edited:
It's kind of a tough spot. I want Morocco to beat France, but I think France would beat Argentina handily, which is what I want.
I'd really dislike to see Argentina win it all. There's no way I'll ever support this generation of players. Can't connect with any of them, don't find them charismatic except for Lautaro and Dybala.

That being said, a special mention to Luka Modric and his amazing international career. :BSCARF: :RSCARF:

I thought they were out since group stage 😂 but this team has been proving all the doubters wrong.

Personally i think Argentina will win it even with uh.. average squad. Look at the team it's bang average but the fact that one man can make huge difference says it all. IF France can reach the final, i think arg will use the same strategy like facing Ned or Croatia, let them control the game in first 30m or so then bang get the first goal. France just need to stay away from fouls in penalty spot though 😜

how are the world debating about that PK? surely a deserving PK for Argentina. no argument about that from my end.
I don't know exactly the current rules, i assume by the point of the law it is a PK, but for the football of spirit, i believe it is not.

If i were the referee i would not give it a Penalty, cause the player of Argentina chooses his action, which was chip the ball, and then he collides with the GK, but the GK was out to prevent the shoot, not the player and the collision, IMHO did not affect the development of the play, i mean the attacker got out of balance after the cheap, he was not able to continue his effort, neither was he trying to dribble ala Pelé, and got stopped by the collision with GK.

Those fouls, to me again, are in my eyes, more Basketball fouls.

Last edited:
I don't know exactly the current rules, i assume by the point of the law it is a PK, but for the football of spirit, i believe it is not.

If i were the referee i would not give it a Penalty, cause the player of Argentina chooses his action, which was chip the ball, and then he collides with the GK, but the GK was out to prevent the shoot, not the player and the collision, IMHO did not affect the development of the play, i mean the attacker got out of balance after the cheap, he was not able to continue his effort, neither was he trying to dribble ala Pelé, and got stopped by the collision with GK.

Those fouls, to me again, are in my eyes, more Basketball fouls.

It was unintentional even before the close up replay i was like "how the hell that's a penalty ?" then during close up replay i was right. I mean it's just like you describe, surely it's impossible for the GK to change his movement on split second (unless you're playing FIFA, lol)

But it is what it is, after the penalty Croatia got rocked and argentina play better to get the 2nd goal with quick counter attack.

It was unintentional even before the close up replay i was like "how the hell that's a penalty ?" then during close up replay i was right. I mean it's just like you describe, surely it's impossible for the GK to change his movement on split second (unless you're playing FIFA, lol)

But it is what it is, after the penalty Croatia got rocked and argentina play better to get the 2nd goal with quick counter attack.
Yes they completely collapsed, after the 1st goal.

And since it was the first full match of Croatia, I watch this WC, i was surprised how open space they had after the goal, as @Madmac79 said yesterday, they played a lot more open after the 1st goal.

Also the central axis of Modric and Kovacic, was moving a lot box to box, it was hard for a 28yo Kovacic, following a game with extra time previously, even worse for Modric, sooner or latter, they would run out of stamina.

Also the flank players of Croatia, were a lot absent from last night, don't know how they were in the previous matches, but they didn't help at all to development, forcing the "old guys", retreat a lot metets back, to receive balls, and start the build up.

Just stealing balls, and throwing them outside, for a throw in, just puts pressure in your neck, and force your rest midfield and forwards to come deeper than needed.

Argentina on the other hand, deserverd more the win, especially after the first goal, but for some reason, (i've watched most of their matches, in my country group stage matches were midday and afternoon) they don't feel very solid and reliable. Sometimes they seem to bite like wolves or lions and after some minutes, it is like someone turns off a switch.

Their performance graph, would look like a cardiogram.

Not a penalty for me, and of course it broke Croacia down.
The keeper and defenders looked very insecure after this action.

Dumb people would say "oh but they scored 2 more, the penalty does not matter".
Well it does matter, it breaks the game.

I can remember the Mex-Arg match from 2006, we received a clearly offside goal and it fucked the whole game.

Anyway, not to be a hater but it's the 4th soft penalty awarded to Argentina in this WC.
To make matters worse, it seems like officials don't seem to need to check any of those 4 soft penalties on the VAR screens for whatever reason (maybe they checked the one vs Poland).
Also, Messi & Co. seem to have a free pass in regards to cards..

To even wear a tinfoil hat, have you read about Messi selling his soul to win the World Cup in exchange to be an ambassador for Saudi Arabia 2030 World Cup?
🤔

I hate to say this as annoying as vuvuzela sounds but it's still sounds better than fake whistles. Come morocco fans, i understand the passion but please stop doing that.

How's that not foul ? That should be yellow !

Last edited:
Really sorry for Marocco. They played a nice, intense game.. shame they conceded that first goal with that unfortunate slip. If you couple it with the unlucky bycicle kick post, you have the two episodes that decided the game more by chance than anything else..

France didn't look great tonight, still they conceded little. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they'll step up their game for sunday :(

Fair fucks to Morocco. You have played much better than I expected and you really gave France a tough battle.

Im not gonna lie - I was supporting France, purely from the Final spectacle perspective. I think Argentina - France will be a better match. Morocco has achieved more than anyone thought possible and France, overal, was the best and most consistent team of the tournament.

But Morocco has shown heart and guts I havent seen in a while and I will be supporting them to get the third place.

Congrats to both. Great game.

Ps. Griezmann is the best MF of the tournament. Fucker is everywhere. Savage player.

Back
Top Bottom