World Cup 2014 - Official squads

Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game.

Sabella logic...

No, your logic. He hardly played during the qualifiers. Yes, Otamendi is a better player than he was in 2010, but Sabella has selected (and consistently selected I might add) a group of players that will give Argentina a legitimate chance to lift the trophy in July. Really, the only surprise in this group is Demichelis, but even then you can understand why the manager decided to take him. Did you forget that your country finished first in South American qualifying? We are talking about first place in arguably the toughest confederation in the world -- FIRST! That is no accident and you have Sabella to thank for that. Also, your team is better off without Tévez. He may be the peoples' player, -- and a very good player in general -- but he is not worth the headache if he is not starting.

No, your logic. He hardly played during the qualifiers. Yes, Otamendi is a better player than he was in 2010, but Sabella has selected (and consistently selected I might add) a group of players that will give Argentina a legitimate chance to lift the trophy in July. Really, the only surprise in this group is Demichelis, but even then you can understand why the manager decided to take him. Did you forget that your country finished first in South American qualifying? We are talking about first place in arguably the toughest confederation in the world -- FIRST! That is no accident and you have Sabella to thank for that. Also, your team is better off without Tévez. He may be the peoples' player, -- and a very good player in general -- but he is not worth the headache if he is not starting.

I have already said that Tévez can fuck off with the call-up, our attack is definitely not the problem anyway.

As regards the defence and particularly Otamendi, I'm not talking about right now, I'm saying that he should've caught an eye on him before. And on Fazio. And on Gonzalo Rodríguez. And on Ansaldi. And on Caballero. I know it's been too late to try new players since last year, but didn't it come into his mind that MAYBE these defenders are not worthy of a WC call-up? I've been patient for three years now, and unfortunately I will have to be even more patient for another month. I appreciate the fact that Sabella is the complete opposite of Maradona (the twat used more than a hundred players in the qualifiers) in the fact that he tries to make up a group where they all play together for a long time, but it's the wrong group. I've never noticed chemistry among the backs. Even Fazio played with this current group in the U20 WC.

But as I had said before, it is too late now. We have to use what we have as good as possible.

I have already said that Tévez can fuck off with the call-up, our attack is definitely not the problem anyway.

As regards the defence and particularly Otamendi, I'm not talking about right now, I'm saying that he should've caught an eye on him before. And on Fazio. And on Gonzalo Rodríguez. And on Ansaldi. And on Caballero. I know it's been too late to try new players since last year, but didn't it come into his mind that MAYBE these defenders are not worthy of a WC call-up? I've been patient for three years now, and unfortunately I will have to be even more patient for another month. I appreciate the fact that Sabella is the complete opposite of Maradona (the twat used more than a hundred players in the qualifiers) in the fact that he tries to make up a group where they all play together for a long time, but it's the wrong group. I've never noticed chemistry among the backs. Even Fazio played with this current group in the U20 WC.

But as I had said before, it is too late now. We have to use what we have as good as possible.

I apologize if I came across as too harsh in my previous comment. I just get so tired of hearing people complaining about managers and their decisions (i.e., Klinsmann and Donovan here in the States). It's a very tough position to be in and I just wish people would be more understanding of their predicament.

I completely agree with you on Caballero. That one I don't understand. Rodríguez has always been a bit of a head-scratcher for me because it seems that he always gets passed over regardless of who the national team manager is. Why is that? Re: Fazio: I'm not sure Sabella could have anticipated Fazio to have the outstanding season that he did for Sevilla. In fact, Sevilla was in the relegation zone at the beginning of the season, so if I were in Sabella's position, I probably would not have given Fazio a second thought...especially during the qualifiers. Fazio certainly brings something different to the national team with his size, but like you said, he'll have to wait his turn. Re: Ansaldi: Unfortunately, I have not seen enough of him to comment with a lot of certainty -- only that other Argentines on this forum seem to rate him quite highly.

France:

Goalkeepers: Landreau, Lloris, Ruffier.

Defenders: Debuchy, Digne, Evra, Koscielny, Mangala, Sagna, Sakho, Varane.

Midfielders: Cabaye, Grenier, Matuidi, Mavuba, Pogba, Sissoko, Valbuena.

Forwards: Benzema, Giroud, Griezmann, Remy, Ribery.

So Ribery is going...
No World Cup for Clément Grenier
Cabella or Schneiderlin take the place

Yes I think this is the procedure. I don't think they can change the squad numbers around.

Cabella will now take Ribery's number seven shirt, with Schneiderlin taking over from Grenier at number 22.

736201348.gif

this is a tragedy for sport these friendly´s....

so many world class players out it hurts to think...

Franck Ribery
Clement Grenier
Steve Mandanda
Radamel Falcao
Riccardo Montolivo
Luis Montes
Niko Kranjcar
Rafael van der Vaart
Gregory van der Wiel
Kevin Strootman
Victor Valdes
Thiago Alcantara
Theo Walcott
Kyle Walker
Andros Townsend
Ilkay Gundogan
Bruma
Alvaro Saborio
Roman Shirokov

now Marco Reus...

hopefully those other players will step up..

i fear for this world cup, many players are exhausted by Brazil heat already in trainings... and they want WC in Qatar... in 8 years.

Franck Ribery
Clement Grenier
Steve Mandanda
Radamel Falcao
Riccardo Montolivo
Luis Montes
Niko Kranjcar
Rafael van der Vaart
Gregory van der Wiel
Kevin Strootman
Victor Valdes
Thiago Alcantara
Theo Walcott
Kyle Walker
Andros Townsend
Ilkay Gundogan
Bruma
Alvaro Saborio
Roman Shirokov

now Marco Reus...

i fear for this world cup, many players are exhausted by Brazil heat already in trainings... and they want WC in Qatar... in 8 years.

And 'The Ox' maybe...

i am doubtfull tbh..

Germany should call up Meyer, Sam or Volland to possibly replace him..

Reus had a scan in the hospital and it's a suspicion for a torn syndesmosis ligament. If the suspicion is true, he will be out for at least 6 weeks and so for the World Cup as expected :(

Franck Ribery
Clement Grenier
Steve Mandanda
Radamel Falcao
Riccardo Montolivo
Luis Montes
Niko Kranjcar
Rafael van der Vaart
Gregory van der Wiel
Kevin Strootman
Victor Valdes
Thiago Alcantara
Theo Walcott
Kyle Walker
Andros Townsend
Ilkay Gundogan
Bruma
Alvaro Saborio
Roman Shirokov

now Marco Reus...

OMG I don't know half of these players, I'm so outdated with football :P

Hopefully this world cup get me in love with the game again.

About the injuries it surely is a shame, but its always like this right? There are so many small 4-8 weeks injuries and with the players at the end of their season is no surprise.

Long travel+climate changes will surely be concerning, some teams will travel over 4.000km and play in totally different weather. If I'm not mistaken USA got the worst schedule while Belgium got the best.

With the sport being so physical and every team recomposing so fast I agree it might be a factor.

yeah I don't think so this injury record is crazier than the other years too. only the acl injuries happened a bit more often this season.

Reus had a scan in the hospital and it's a suspicion for a torn syndesmosis ligament. If the suspicion is true, he will be out for at least 6 weeks and so for the World Cup as expected :(

Regarding Sport1 this suspicion is true now and Reus will miss the WC. Same injury as Ballack in 2010, only difference is that Ballack's ligament was completely wrecked, while Reus' is only partial, still no chance for a fast recovery. Unbelievable, our only player in perfect form injured in an unnecessary friendly...

Hopefully Löw calls Volland now to fill the void.

Franck Ribery
Clement Grenier
Steve Mandanda
Radamel Falcao
Riccardo Montolivo
Luis Montes
Niko Kranjcar
Rafael van der Vaart
Gregory van der Wiel
Kevin Strootman
Victor Valdes
Thiago Alcantara
Theo Walcott
Kyle Walker
Andros Townsend
Ilkay Gundogan
Bruma
Alvaro Saborio
Roman Shirokov

now Marco Reus...

Add Danijel Pranjić to this list...he was substituted after 20-ish minutes last night against Australia. His ankle has swollen, there are fears that it is broken too.

YouTube - Danijel Pranjic Terrible Injury (Broken Leg?) Croatia vs Australia 06 06 2014

Kovač has said that he hopes Pranjić will be able to recover, but that they will know more today/tomorrow.

Last edited:
Insane, just insane. Our best offensive player is out and Löw replaces him with a defender. No Volland, we need Mustafi, Löw logic.

so sad about Reus, one of my fav player , I was really looking forward to see him, but I must say im glad Mustafi will make it to Brasil , 1 more Albanian fella in World Cup :P

Back
Top Bottom