Winning Eleven Pro Evo 2008 [Wii]

Is time to create a separate forum or sub forum for wii pes, cause is the best game of the pes series
I only can patch the sound files right now but when WARPJAVIER decrypt the o-text and s-text i will go to update graphics and names to actual real names and faces

Is time to create a separate forum or sub forum for wii pes, cause is the best game of the pes series
I only can patch the sound files right now but when WARPJAVIER decrypt the o-text and s-text i will go to update graphics and names to actual real names and faces

sounds great, I would really like to help on all this, but the thing is that I have no idea on how and what to do!

but this will make us change all the names right? what about kits, banners and all the other sweet stuff? ;)

I cannot believe how utterly shite the Wii version of pro evo actually is. 2 camera options that dont seem to be any different from each other, the controls system is just annoying and should have had the option to play without point and click or have the option of using the classic controller, even the wii remote sideways would do !!!! I could go on but im sure that anyone who plays on Playstaion and has looked at this knows already anyway. When somethings not broke why bloody fix it!!!!! All they had to do was port an already awsome game to the Wii and thats that, forget what the Wii controller can do, its just not a requirement for a game like this. Had it for an hour and ive taken it back. Good work Konami, you must be proud.

:LOL::LOL: funny.

i sure it aint that bad.......patience

I cannot believe how utterly shite the Wii version of pro evo actually is. 2 camera options that dont seem to be any different from each other, the controls system is just annoying and should have had the option to play without point and click or have the option of using the classic controller, even the wii remote sideways would do !!!! I could go on but im sure that anyone who plays on Playstaion and has looked at this knows already anyway. When somethings not broke why bloody fix it!!!!! All they had to do was port an already awsome game to the Wii and thats that, forget what the Wii controller can do, its just not a requirement for a game like this. Had it for an hour and ive taken it back. Good work Konami, you must be proud.

Just an hour of play? well I think it`s not enough time to master a new game like this.

Konami is not trying to fix or port anything (well maybe PS2 graphics to some extent), instead they came out with a whole new game that requires a whole new set of control techniques based on the Wii way of play.

I know it`s hard to get involved with the new control scheme having played for years the PS2 way, but with some patience you end up with a whole new way to play PES that lets you do moves and plays you couldn`t even imagine to do the traditional way. It´s just a mater of having some patience and be open minded.

Also I think they didn`t include a closer zoomed camera because of the tactical context of the game.

Sorry for my bad English.

Ezio,
I've added you to my friends list if thats ok. My code is:-
0688 5169 8590.

Anyone else can add me if they like. I have a U.S wii and a U.s version of the game.

Someone has posted on PESfan that you should be able to play worldwide online. I tried to add geniuz pal code yesterday and it failed. I'll try again and see if the world wide play option is true or false.

No problem. I will add you too. My name in the game should show up as Reggg. thanks.

Ezio

does any one no if it possible to patch this........e.g grpahics teams etc. i've noticed the gfx are slightly sharper than the ps2 version. Runs much smoother aswell.

There are a few gripes,

1/ don't think you can slide tackle
2/ the view needs a 32" Tv really to see in properly(guessin using a 21") as its zoomed out quite bit

3/shooting a bit dodge...

But this is all after playing it once, on the PAL version.

I can hear wot ppl were saying bout using the classic controller, i agree, shoulda been included.
But this version is just to test the waters, as we can all see.

This game is:

:tumble::SS:-!:CONF::THINK::SHAKE::DANCE::CONF::-!:EASY::-pp:BLINK:

:BLINK::HAND::rant::whistle::?:applaud::brick::-!:DANCE:

In other words;

FUN

I really like it.

Things I absolutely like:

1)stadiums,lighting rain and snow. This is very ps2ish BUT i like it after playing next gen I've been wanting to see the variety that last gen had in spades. so far this game is plentiful in the atmosphere department.
2) passing,dribbling and crossing. this done very well. NONE of this is actually done by shaking which i like a lot. if it was it'd be too much of it.
3) camera angle. the way it zooms in is great. plus somehow the camera angle reminds me the most of a match.
4) commentary. YES! It's pretty spot on. they say things like "Ohh he should have took that" etc. meaning it's varied to me
5)stadium sound. not bad at all almost like what we all know so...

Things i dislike.

1) shooting at goal. you shake the control to shoot. so far though it's rewarding. it's become too much like next gen fifa in that regard. where your goal shooting is determined by positioning and player attributes:( kinda miss the spot on aiming we should like with PES. Don't know if there are ways to be more accuarte like corner of the goal etc like in PES2008 for PS3 or 360 but that would have been nice to somehow have that option. And can you "curl" the ball at all? again left to player attributes HMMMM

2)edit mode. comeon bring back the ps2 editing. i would have thought since it's somewhat of a graphical port(to my eyes better looking than what we've seen on ps2/360 BC) that the diting mode would have been just as full. DO NOT know if you unlock though? Doubt it. maybe next year when we're all in space huh?
3) no way to remove the markers. NONE. bottom radar is pointless as well. i would to have liked to have the option to take whatever markers we wnated out and then have it so that individual playing tatses get to sort it out by experimentation.

All in all though, i pretty much bought a Wii for this and though it might sound like i'm convincing myself to like it because of the overall buy of the system, it'as REALLY not that badd and actually very ummm "cool" so to say? It's has a nice feeling to it and none of the gameplay feels tacked on unless the control of the kicking could be added, but I feel Konami played it safe and wanted people to get the hang of the passing first which is where the real innovation is.

thanks guys for the advice throughout the thread i am pretty happy with it :)

If www.gamerankings.com is anythging to go by this is the best version of PES2008

the mor eplaytime i have with it it is almost the best version of winning eleven period. it has ALL of the stadiums and weather we've come to expect minus a editing system and minus the camera angles and standard control.

I really had trouble going back to playing ANY pes on a controller after a few days with game. i was literally WANTING TO draw where I wanted to go and couldn't.

Can someone tell me is it shake to shoot only or can you direct where it goes, and is there a finess shot.

Can someone tell me is it shake to shoot only or can you direct where it goes, and is there a finess shot.

You can DEF. aim my friend. just point the marker toward where you want it and IF your play has a high rating for accuracy it's spot on where you aim :)

yup, the only thing it doesnt have is the shooting bar, u have to do the aiming yourself. Defence isn't as dodgy as some reviews make it to believe. It's just much, much more work to get your positioning right.

but it's all worth the extra effort u have to put in this game. Playing on a playstation or xbox just seems so pre-historic now, not having the total freedom of control like u have on the wii

Cheers for that,i thought you might be able to aim somehow,it seems to be quite vauge overall for instructions unless you unlock them,but i want to know everything now.
Anything else you know about this game please let me know.

From the videos i was hoping shooting would work like this:

You point at the screen - hold down a shoot button, then drag an arrow on the screen - the longer the arrow the more power and height. Then you release the button to kick the ball.

That way you have the control you want but the stats and positioning and so on affect the ball enough so it doesn't follow the line you draw on the screen perfectly.

Shaking the remotes to do ANYTHING in any game just pisses me off

From the videos i was hoping shooting would work like this:

You point at the screen - hold down a shoot button, then drag an arrow on the screen - the longer the arrow the more power and height. Then you release the button to kick the ball.

That way you have the control you want but the stats and positioning and so on affect the ball enough so it doesn't follow the line you draw on the screen perfectly.

Shaking the remotes to do ANYTHING in any game just pisses me off

True BUT it's like a release of emotion. for me anyway. i like to set up and then POW just flick my left hand in time to where I might want it. AGAIN you aim by pointing the marker in the direction of the net you want to go BUT ONLY a good accurarcy rating assures it goes anything else becomes random. this game is NOT scripted at all even though it might feel like that with the timing of the shot at goal thing qwith the nunchuck. this game is surpringly better than many we's before except for WE6:FE for the gamecube which was and still is incredible...

As I said in another post this is my personal opinion:

"First of all, we have to think that's the very first version released for Wii. My personal opinion is that this game is simply amazing, even more compared with other next-gen versions and although I agree with those who said that the shoot control should be clearly improved, I repeat, this is the first touch with Wii and it's controls.

First matches I played left me without words, the difficulty level is really well adjusted and the more you play the more you feel the possibilities of this game, the freedom you have to create plays, etc...

There are two key issues that were well managed. One of this things is that despite of the new gameplay and revolutionary control system totally different of other PES versions you feel everytime you are playing PES and not another football game. The other thing is that as they promised, this game enhances the strategy and tactical gameplay and now hardcore gamers won't have the advantage as they used to have over those who knows about football.

Anyway not all are good things, shoot control, defence system and adding more editing options should be enhanced on next versions but for me that I also own PES 2008 for Playstation 3 this is the best PES next-gen version without any doubt."

Regards.

Guys how do i pass crosses from one side to the other, when i aim the player only makes a pass , that is easily intercepted by the computer?

tnx cheers

Guys how do i pass crosses from one side to the other, when i aim the player only makes a pass , that is easily intercepted by the computer?

tnx cheers

point in the derection you want to pass and press b OR press b twice with two clicks and it should go up. very very intuitive control i love this game

Firstly having had ALL versions apart from PC of Pro Evo 2008 I still think the 360 version is the best followed by the Wii! :DD

However, my question is: Can someone tell me if there is an easy way of collecting the ball when it is in broken play on the Wii? For example when my player makes a tackle the ball sometimes spits out and I can't seem to control a player to move towards the ball for ages.

Difficulty settings are ok although I did win 5-1 in my 2nd match but admittedly I was Man U versus Newcastle!

does any one no if it possible to patch this........e.g grpahics teams etc. i've noticed the gfx are slightly sharper than the ps2 version. Runs much smoother aswell.

There are a few gripes,

1/ don't think you can slide tackle
2/ the view needs a 32" Tv really to see in properly(guessin using a 21") as its zoomed out quite bit

3/shooting a bit dodge...

But this is all after playing it once, on the PAL version.

I can hear wot ppl were saying bout using the classic controller, i agree, shoulda been included.
But this version is just to test the waters, as we can all see.

You CAN slide tackle...

i have a 37 inch

shooting is determined by where you place the marker and how good the player your shooting with is his accuracy rating.

i TOO wish for the classic controller but no...

Tnx Bumperman, will try that today :). have played all the winning/pes series, its difficult do adjust to the new system, but cool...i like the penalties, like in the old good days!

However, my question is: Can someone tell me if there is an easy way of collecting the ball when it is in broken play on the Wii? For example when my player makes a tackle the ball sometimes spits out and I can't seem to control a player to move towards the ball for ages.

I've found that if you move a guy towards the ball (by holding down A), and then press the Z button near the ball, he'll take it.

Tnx Bumperman, will try that today :). have played all the winning/pes series, its difficult do adjust to the new system, but cool...i like the penalties, like in the old good days!

ohh yeah this is like a classic reborn nuff said. it feels like we9 with new controls...

I think all the people that don't know for example how to do a slide tackle haven't done the tutorial, haven't read the manual or don't have the manual at all because they got the "cheap" version of the game. LOL

but seriously, the only thing that annoys me is the lack of an edit mode...I'd just want to update the the team rosters. Isn't there a way to hack the save or something? I can't apply patches because I don't have any modification on my Wii.

It's a great game anyway, definitely a fresh experience!

Can you update the OPTION FILE? I dont think you can, but Im not going to fork over 99 Aussie Dollars for a game that doesnt allow this.

Back
Top Bottom