Winning Eleven Pro Evo 2008 [Wii]

just done the training so far. looked at edit mode and it is pathetic. you cannot make transfers! Just change player and club names.

how do you run fast? Also can anyone translate wi-fi options please. mine are blacked out not sure why.

Konami are lazy man. some of the transfers from last summer are still not done.

Last edited:
that sounds pretty bad.

but as long as online is playable, that's all i care about :)

if there's something strange in the hood who you gonna call - ghostbusters!!! LOL

played more of this and I not totally sure how much I like it. I think it is a good game but my love for Winning Eleven is just not there anymore. I don't like the shooting on this. It is so random, sometimes I shake the Nunchuk and I get a great shot that end ups in the top corner. other times it goes about 5mph straight to the GK. I have no idea how it determines the power and placement.

Another thing is the ability to make players run where you want. Again it is a great idea but there are times when the CPU defenders just stand still not making any effort to track the run. Hopefully this can be improved any future versions.

Last edited:
I like the concept of this game. I want to play a game like this, but on PC with mouse and keyboard. Mouse is simply a more stable and accurate pointing device.

Also, shake to shoot feels too much like a gimmick to me. Can you reassign that function to a button?

this game is great. i picked it up last night and played about an hour. the control system, in my opinion, is superb and fresh. you can control exactly where you want the player to pass the ball, and also exactly where to play one-twos.. passing general is brilliant. dribbling is also awesome.. depending on how far ahead you point and click determines your speed and the controls are silky. you can also use the nunchuck stick to control the dribbler in the traditional way, but the new control methods are so much better.

this game is fun. there are lots of new modes and it's definately not just PES2008 PS2 with new controls and widescreen 480p. there is a lot of new stuff and the menus and interface are totally new.

this is the best current gen PES and reminds me of the fun of playing WE6FE.

how are you guys finding online play. I tried 5 different matches and was way too laggy. defending was near enough impossible.

Shooting is the one thing that is bugging me. I don't like it at all. also the fact that even when I have edited the names to english they remain in japanese text when playing online so unless I know the squad numbers of all the teams I choose to play with I find it real hard making subs and changing the default 11.

how are you guys finding online play. I tried 5 different matches and was way too laggy. defending was near enough impossible.

Shooting is the one thing that is bugging me. I don't like it at all. also the fact that even when I have edited the names to english they remain in japanese text when playing online so unless I know the squad numbers of all the teams I choose to play with I find it real hard making subs and changing the default 11.

I only played 1 game so far using the US release and it was ok.

My friend code for the game is 4468 0850 1580 if anyone wants to add me. thanks.

Ezio

i also got the US version of pes2008 for the wii. Being a bit of a noob when it comes to online gaming on the Wii, where can i find my friendcode?

edit: nevermind, found it :)

my friendcode: 2707 1482 5205

Last edited:
i also got the US version of pes2008 for the wii. Being a bit of a noob when it comes to online gaming on the Wii, where can i find my friendcode?

edit: nevermind, found it :)

my friendcode: 2707 1482 5205

Hey Geniuz,

I added you to my friends list.

Ezio

Last edited:
pal version is also out, but the online service isnt online yet cos i can't add friendcodes. Or isn't it possible to play vs US people with a pal version?

Think i might pick this up this friday

I like the look of the controls - aiming on the screen and being able to control the whole team in a strategic way looks great - Being able to build up attacks and send a winder off on a dummy run while i control the midfield and send a chipped through ball over the defense!

pal version is also out, but the online service isnt online yet cos i can't add friendcodes. Or isn't it possible to play vs US people with a pal version?

right, i've just tested it and i can confirm that people with US version of pes cant play against people with a EU version and vice versa.

that kinda sucks, but maybe nintendo/konami will fix this in the future

my PAL friendcode: 0817 3687 9693

konami are w*nkers! I have japanese version and cannot add any US or euro gamers to my friend code list. Online against people in Japan is too laggy so I am hardly gonna play this game now.

Well done Konami! Idiots!!

Get yourself the demo of Euro 2008 and be glad that Konami aren't the only game in town any more. Very, very, very glad.

right, i've just tested it and i can confirm that people with US version of pes cant play against people with a EU version and vice versa.

that kinda sucks, but maybe nintendo/konami will fix this in the future

my PAL friendcode: 0817 3687 9693

AH ok Well that's too bad. Oh well. Emjoy the game though because it is good and online play for the US version isn't bad at all. I had one game last nigh with some lag but not bad at all. the ohers I have playd have had no lag.

Ezio

I only played 1 game so far using the US release and it was ok.

My friend code for the game is 4468 0850 1580 if anyone wants to add me. thanks.

Ezio

Ezio,
I've added you to my friends list if thats ok. My code is:-
0688 5169 8590.

Anyone else can add me if they like. I have a U.S wii and a U.s version of the game.

Someone has posted on PESfan that you should be able to play worldwide online. I tried to add geniuz pal code yesterday and it failed. I'll try again and see if the world wide play option is true or false.

konami are w*nkers! I have japanese version and cannot add any US or euro gamers to my friend code list. Online against people in Japan is too laggy so I am hardly gonna play this game now.

Well done Konami! Idiots!!

Maybe you should buy the game for your own region then? Honestly whats your problem? Its a JAP release, what did you expect?

Lesson learned then.

Maybe you should buy the game for your own region then? Honestly whats your problem? Its a JAP release, what did you expect?

Lesson learned then.

first of all I have a Japanese Wii. Er I expect Konami to allow me to play against friends around the world. I can understand random games being region locked if they felt it would be too laggy. (Like Nintendo did with Smash Bros Brawl) but locking friend codes is plain stupid..

Well I am pretty much done with this series anyway so roll on Euro 2008 and FIFA 09.

I cannot believe how utterly shite the Wii version of pro evo actually is. 2 camera options that dont seem to be any different from each other, the controls system is just annoying and should have had the option to play without point and click or have the option of using the classic controller, even the wii remote sideways would do !!!! I could go on but im sure that anyone who plays on Playstaion and has looked at this knows already anyway. When somethings not broke why bloody fix it!!!!! All they had to do was port an already awsome game to the Wii and thats that, forget what the Wii controller can do, its just not a requirement for a game like this. Had it for an hour and ive taken it back. Good work Konami, you must be proud.

I just mean that pro evo has always been an awsome game and if they had kept the same concept on the Wii, i.e forget the advanced wii control and keep classical style of control, great , you have pes on the Wii that rocks. As it stands it really sucks, its far too easy to play, theres no real skill, and theres also not really any full control, it almost plays itself, defending is crap, and theres no control when shooting either, its just pot luck how hard the ball get booted, also, its quite easy to accidently bump or shake the nunchuk and shoot when you really did not want to, All the camera views that existed in other pes versions have gone and been replaced with 2 that leave you playing on a screen that for myself has too much distance, i much prefered playing with a camera that was at least a little nearer the pitch. And as i said before, they could have left the option to to play with Wii control or classic control, or even implement use of the wii's calssic controller. All in all this is Konamis poorest outing so far, worse even than the DS ones.

I wouldnt go that far mate. I mean yeah maybe they should of included classic control also but it is good what they have done with the wii controls. I agree defending is not great and shooting is totally random though.

As for PES being an awesome game. Er yeah few years ago it was but not so much anymore.. :)

I wouldnt go that far mate. I mean yeah maybe they should of included classic control also but it is good what they have done with the wii controls. I agree defending is not great and shooting is totally random though.

As for PES being an awesome game. Er yeah few years ago it was but not so much anymore.. :)

thats horsecrap, shooting isn't totally random :P You can pick a corner, the only thing it doesn't have is the shotbar

I find this version of pes the best i've played since pes5. The online play is nearly flawless and the new controls are way better than the old, u just have to get used to it. I've scored goals i couldn't score with pes5/6/2008 on the ps2, the freedom u have is incredible. No cpu restrictions for passing, if u want to play a long high ball to send a player 1-on-1 with the keeper its possible, if u want to squeeze a throug-pass between 2 defenders it's possible.

just give it time to settle in, and don't write off the game on forehand.

so when will someone create a patch for this version with real names? ;)

this is the place it will come from I know for sure...

/gangstaF

Back
Top Bottom