Winning Eleven 2009 - info?

Ok.. Ive copied all the files over just like in the video.. but it doesnt seem complete?

- It has the team badges (Arsenal, Everton etc) but the names of the teams are not changed (North London instead of Arsenal etc..)

- The names of the leagues are not changed (English League instead of Premier League)

- It seems that the player names are not done (Germany etc..)

Can someone please advise me if im not doing it correctly??? Should these things be done?

Is this DEFINATELY for region 2 Winning Eleven 2009???

Thanks..

Last edited:
Someone have an idea of an way to test [way to get] japanese commentaries files to insert in PES2009?

Maybe a
"cs0j.img"
I don't know how it calls.

Ok.. Ive copied all the files over just like in the video.. but it doesnt seem complete?

- It has the team badges (Arsenal, Everton etc) but the names of the teams are not changed (North London instead of Arsenal etc..)

- The names of the leagues are not changed (English League instead of Premier League)

- It seems that the player names are not done (Germany etc..)

Can someone please advise me if im not doing it correctly??? Should these things be done?

Is this DEFINATELY for region 2 Winning Eleven 2009???

Thanks..

Languge problem I'm afraid same with German names. In Japanese all names are correct. I don't think the game can translate it. Your option file is fine though.

Languge problem I'm afraid same with German names. In Japanese all names are correct. I don't think the game can translate it. Your option file is fine though.

hmmm..?

im not so sure? because i cant see bayern munich in there as you stated?

premier league etc logo not done as well as names od teams..

anyway.. where can i get a list of all the official names so i can change them???

PEACE!

hmmm..?

im not so sure? because i cant see bayern munich in there as you stated?

premier league etc logo not done as well as names od teams..

anyway.. where can i get a list of all the official names so i can change them???

PEACE!

Bayern should def be there with their badge on the teams towards the bottom with Cluji etc. Have you tried changing the language to Japanese and see if they appear? My Winning Eleven is also region 2.

Not sure about where you can find a list to change the names, also try the people in the Pro Evo on here they may know where you can get a list. Good luck hope it works perfect soon. :TU:

Bayern should def be there with their badge on the teams towards the bottom with Cluji etc. Have you tried changing the language to Japanese and see if they appear? My Winning Eleven is also region 2.

Not sure about where you can find a list to change the names, also try the people in the Pro Evo on here they may know where you can get a list. Good luck hope it works perfect soon. :TU:

thanks..

i dont need the names anymore..

i got them from another site and edited them all :)

Hello everyone, im new here n this is my fist post.I wanna get the most out of my PS3 and thought of getting PES09 US version but after reading all your posts im not so sure. Can someone honestly tell me what is the difference between the US version, the europe version, or the asia version WE09.
which one has the better gameplay?

Hello everyone, im new here n this is my fist post.I wanna get the most out of my PS3 and thought of getting PES09 US version but after reading all your posts im not so sure. Can someone honestly tell me what is the difference between the US version, the europe version, or the asia version WE09.

i only played the european version of pes 09 (pc/ps3).
but in the past the latest version was the best. e.g. pes2007(pc) better than winning eleven 9 liveware evolution(pc).

Hey.. welcome man ;)

Listen.. i gota shoot of in a minute so i cant write much..

I was in the same situation as you and had conflicting stories..

But let me tell you this.. i own PES2009 and WE2009 (region 2) and you NEED to get WE2009 (region 2)

TRUST ME.. its the best version!

I will run down a full list of pro's and cons of both versionz later 2nite..

PEACE!

Last edited:
Hey.. welcome man ;)

Listen.. i gota shoot of in a minute so i cant write much..

I was in the same situation as you and had conflicting stories..

But let me tell you this.. i own PES2009 and WE2009 (region 2) and you NEED to get WE2009 (region 2)

TRUST ME.. its the best version!

I will run down a full list of pro's and cons of both versionz later 2nite..

PEACE!

thanks for the warm welcome, things like this set us apart from women we can get along instead of attaching each other like most of them do. i will check later tonite about your piece on this dilemma.
by the way keep in mind that i live in the US im not too sure what you mean with region 2.

thanks for the warm welcome, things like this set us apart from women we can get along instead of attaching each other like most of them do. i will check later tonite about your piece on this dilemma.
by the way keep in mind that i live in the US im not too sure what you mean with region 2.

Sup oneshotkill?

LOL.. I own 2 music forums and i always greet people and make them feel welcome! Sometimes i forget that im not on my forum and still greet people etc.. But i LIVE winning eleven so i guess this is ALL our forum deep down!

You will have to excuse any spelling mistakes or typos coz im typin this on my iphone lol..

Where about in USA are you from?? Allot of my contacts/friends are from nyc and cali? (im a music producer)

Ok.. First of.. The whole "region 2" thing isnt important! (dont even know y i mentioned it?? LOL) PES2009 in the UK is region 2 for example. Coz thatz our format.. Just like the dvds are! Now WE2009 is available in region 2 & 3.. Region 2 being the japan version.. & region 3 is the asia version.. But essentially they are the same game.. There is no difference AT ALL between them (WE2009 region 2 & WE2009 region 3) but if you download a patch (kits/player names etc) for WE2009 r3.. You cant use it on WE2009 r2 yea?

So.. On2 the game comparison..

I have the luxury of owning both PES2009 & WE2009..

Now obviously i bought PES2009 1st cos it was released 1st but i ALWAYZ get the winning eleven version coz i have found over the years that they were the better versions.. Plus i ABSOLUTLY HATE the shitty unrealistic, fake ass english comentary.. And have alwayz loved the exciting/animated japanese comentary ("SHOOOOOTOOOOOH" hehe..) i would say itz worth getting the jap version just for the comentary.. Coz the english comentary really pissez me of!?

Now on2 the gameplay.. I gotta b honest both versions have their bad points and the game iz FAR from perfect.. But im an addict of this game so..

The first thing i noticed when i played WE2009 was that it was slightly faster than PES2009 which iz a MAJOR plus point coz i was SOOOOOO frustrated with how slow PES2009 was!?

WE2009 seems like a MUCH MORE solid game.. And it seemz2 flow better! I actually enjoy playing now which iz a HUGE relief coz PES2009 was startin 2 piss me off!?

Now i found that the keepers in PES2009 were TERRIBLE.. Making the most STUPID of mistakes! But WE2009 has addressed this issue by adding 1 extra keeper difficulty (super star) which is great!

I have also found that the possitioning of the players is better in WE2009.. In PES2009 players seemed to run out of position allot and leave HUGE gaps in the formation! But that doesnt seem to happen as much in WE2009..

Another thing that is GREAT in WE2009 is the shooting.. The shotz are more realistic and more powerful.. I found that in PES2009 the shooting was POOR!? But the shots in WE2009 seem to whip in! There seemz to be more variationz of shots aswel.. I mean different outcomes! E.G. A shot hitting the post and coming back out at many different angles.. Even the saves are different.. Which adds to the realism of the game!

Also in both games kits, badges, names etc are all editable which is cool.. And you can even input crowd chants which iz COOL!

Now on2 the BAD POINTS!?

In both games the penalties are TERRIBLE im sorry to say!? You seem to miss more than you score which is not reslistic (konami.. Why did you fuck around with the penalties??? They were fine in all the previous versions!?) unless you hit it straight down the middle, low, you aint got a chance!?

The other thing which is shit on both versions is that when i set the comentary language to jap for instance and save it.. As soon as i start a tournament it goes back to english!? Same with the assisted/semi-assisted/non-assisted option for the controler!? I have to change it before every match!? The weird thing is that it seems to learn your most used configurarion after a while and THEN it saves it!? Maybe im doin suttin wrong? If i am.. Sum1 tell me what im doin so i can sort it! ;)

The only other thing thats missing is when the referee used to play the advantage.. Then book (yellow card) the player after the ball goes out of play!? And also the star next to the man of the match on the ratings screen has gone! These things are small and simple things to add and make a BIG difference.. Anyway lets hope the next version will have them in!

So overall.. I would say that WE2009 is SO MUCH BETTER than PES2009 so make sure you get it! The differences may not seem that dramatic but BELIEVE ME they ARE! If you had/played both versionz you would see the difference! It doesnt matter which region of WE2009 you get coz they will all work on your PS3 as the PS3 is multi-region.. Just bare in mind that if you want to apply a patch it HAS2B the same region! If you want my patch region 2 japan version) i will be more than happy to upload it for you! I had to edit the names, team names and league names myself.. But itz all done now(kits etc) I got LOADZ of crowd chants from all over the world aswel as football music suited for the game! ;)

I hope this breakdown has been useful to you? And i will be happy to answer any questions you got (or anyone else)

P.S. You can get the game from www.yesasia.com ;)

Hit me back..

PEACE..

Ghost!

Last edited:
Sup oneshotkill?

LOL.. I own 2 music forums and i always greet people and make them feel welcome! Sometimes i forget that im not on my forum and still greet people etc.. But i LIVE winning eleven so i guess this is ALL our forum deep down!

You will have to excuse any spelling mistakes or typos coz im typin this on my iphone lol..

Where about in USA are you from?? Allot of my contacts/friends are from nyc and cali? (im a music producer)

Ok.. First of.. The whole "region 2" thing isnt important! (dont even know y i mentioned it?? LOL) PES2009 in the UK is region 2 for example. Coz thatz our format.. Just like the dvds are! Now WE2009 is available in region 2 & 3.. Region 2 being the japan version.. & region 3 is the asia version.. But essentially they are the same game.. There is no difference AT ALL between them (WE2009 region 2 & WE2009 region 3) but if you download a patch (kits/player names etc) for WE2009 r3.. You cant use it on WE2009 r2 yea?

So.. On2 the game comparison..

I have the luxury of owning both PES2009 & WE2009..

Now obviously i bought PES2009 1st cos it was released 1st but i ALWAYZ get the winning eleven version coz i have found over the years that they were the better versions.. Plus i ABSOLUTLY HATE the shitty unrealistic, fake ass english comentary.. And have alwayz loved the exciting/animated japanese comentary ("SHOOOOOTOOOOOH" hehe..) i would say itz worth getting the jap version just for the comentary.. Coz the english comentary really pissez me of!?

Now on2 the gameplay.. I gotta b honest both versions have their bad points and the game iz FAR from perfect.. But im an addict of this game so..

The first thing i noticed when i played WE2009 was that it was slightly faster than PES2009 which iz a MAJOR plus point coz i was SOOOOOO frustrated with how slow PES2009 was!?

WE2009 seems like a MUCH MORE solid game.. And it seemz2 flow better! I actually enjoy playing now which iz a HUGE relief coz PES2009 was startin 2 piss me off!?

Now i found that the keepers in PES2009 were TERRIBLE.. Making the most STUPID of mistakes! But WE2009 has addressed this issue by adding 1 extra keeper difficulty (super star) which is great!

I have also found that the possitioning of the players is better in WE2009.. In PES2009 players seemed to run out of position allot and leave HUGE gaps in the formation! But that doesnt seem to happen as much in WE2009..

Another thing that is GREAT in WE2009 is the shooting.. The shotz are more realistic and more powerful.. I found that in PES2009 the shooting was POOR!? But the shots in WE2009 seem to whip in! There seemz to be more variationz of shots aswel.. I mean different outcomes! E.G. A shot hitting the post and coming back out at many different angles.. Even the saves are different.. Which adds to the realism of the game!

Also in both games kits, badges, names etc are all editable which is cool.. And you can even input crowd chants which iz COOL!

Now on2 the BAD POINTS!?

In both games the penalties are TERRIBLE im sorry to say!? You seem to miss more than you score which is not reslistic (konami.. Why did you fuck around with the penalties??? They were fine in all the previous versions!?) unless you hit it straight down the middle, low, you aint got a chance!?

The other thing which is shit on both versions is that when i set the comentary language to jap for instance and save it.. As soon as i start a tournament it goes back to english!? Same with the assisted/semi-assisted/non-assisted option for the controler!? I have to change it before every match!? The weird thing is that it seems to learn your most used configurarion after a while and THEN it saves it!? Maybe im doin suttin wrong? If i am.. Sum1 tell me what im doin so i can sort it! ;)

The only other thing thats missing is when the referee used to play the advantage.. Then book (yellow card) the player after the ball goes out of play!? And also the star next to the man of the match on the ratings screen has gone! These things are small and simple things to add and make a BIG difference.. Anyway lets hope the next version will have them in!

So overall.. I would say that WE2009 is SO MUCH BETTER than PES2009 so make sure you get it! The differences may not seem that dramatic but BELIEVE ME they ARE! If you had/played both versionz you would see the difference! It doesnt matter which region of WE2009 you get coz they will all work on your PS3 as the PS3 is multi-region.. Just bare in mind that if you want to apply a patch it HAS2B the same region! If you want my patch region 2 japan version) i will be more than happy to upload it for you! I had to edit the names, team names and league names myself.. But itz all done now(kits etc) I got LOADZ of crowd chants from all over the world aswel as football music suited for the game! ;)

I hope this breakdown has been useful to you? And i will be happy to answer any questions you got (or anyone else)

P.S. You can get the game from www.yesasia.com ;)

Hit me back..

PEACE..

Ghost!

man this is awesome, this breakdown was very helpful.im originally from Peru and played futbol since i can remember so a game with good game play was very important.
i know what you mean about the english comentary being boring i thought the same when i tried fifa09 which was a big disappointment but thats a different story.
im going to that site and get WE09 hopefully its region2 and i'll let you know about the patch because im not sure how that works out yet.

by the way i live in NY but an hour away from the city in Westchester county.

again thank you for taking time to answer my question :WORSHIP:

man this is awesome, this breakdown was very helpful.im originally from Peru and played futbol since i can remember so a game with good game play was very important.
i know what you mean about the english comentary being boring i thought the same when i tried fifa09 which was a big disappointment but thats a different story.
im going to that site and get WE09 hopefully its region2 and i'll let you know about the patch because im not sure how that works out yet.

by the way i live in NY but an hour away from the city in Westchester county.

again thank you for taking time to answer my question :WORSHIP:

anytime bro ;)

I'm Brazilian, just got WE2009 for PS2 here and it's AMAZING!

Can't wait for first Option File :D

Last edited:
Is there any difference in terms of gameplay or something other between Winning Eleven 2009 PS3 Japan and Asian Version?
Cos i don't understand why Asian Version is much cheapier!

hi i'm new in this forum.. im peruvian and i'd like to know which is the most complete option file to download for WE 2009 (japanese version)

plz help mee i'm confuseeee:BLINK:

Hello Folks! I hope somebody can help me.
I own PES 2009 for PS2 and PS3.
I'm not satisfied with the PS3 Version at all.
I think it plays better on PS2 than on PS3.
But on PS2 there is no online mode.
PS3 Online Mode sucks a lot because you can't change the
difficulty level from beginner to Top player.
I'm just thinking about purchasing Winning Eleven 2009 asian Version cause in PS2 times the Winning Eleven series was
ever better than PES series.
But i don't know which version to buy PS2 or PS3.
Does anybody have it for PS2 and PS3?
Is it possible to change difficulty level on online mode for PS3 Version?

Hello Folks! I hope somebody can help me.
I own PES 2009 for PS2 and PS3.
I'm not satisfied with the PS3 Version at all.
I think it plays better on PS2 than on PS3.
But on PS2 there is no online mode.
PS3 Online Mode sucks a lot because you can't change the
difficulty level from beginner to Top player.
I'm just thinking about purchasing Winning Eleven 2009 asian Version cause in PS2 times the Winning Eleven series was
ever better than PES series.
But i don't know which version to buy PS2 or PS3.
Does anybody have it for PS2 and PS3?
Is it possible to change difficulty level on online mode for PS3 Version?
Yep I have both WE versions. Stick with the PS2 version man. PES/WE is not worth it this year too.

I got the PS3 version first and yesterday got the PS2 version and it played much better. I might sell my PS3 version.

Thank you for your answer Lamy.
Did you play Online Mode of Winning Eleven 2009 on PS3?
Is ist possible to change ai of computer mates from Beginnerlevel to other levels?
On PES 2009 PS3 Version when you play Online you can only choose
Beginnerlevel as the level for your computer mates
so there positioning near to the man and intelligence of playing
soccer is really bad. It`s like they never played soccer.
I'm so frustrated on playing PES 2009 PS 3 online.

Thank you for your answer Lamy.
Did you play Online Mode of Winning Eleven 2009 on PS3?
Is ist possible to change ai of computer mates from Beginnerlevel to other levels?
On PES 2009 PS3 Version when you play Online you can only choose
Beginnerlevel as the level for your computer mates
so there positioning near to the man and intelligence of playing
soccer is really bad. It`s like they never played soccer.
I'm so frustrated on playing PES 2009 PS 3 online.

Can't help you on the online front mate sorry. I never play online.

It's okay Lamy.
Did you already change some stats like lowering agility, topspeed, acceleration, shortpasspeed and longpassspeed for WE 2009 on PS2?
As i know from an other post of you, you changed stats for PES2009 on PS3.
I liked Chimps OF for PS3 anyways, it made the game a bit better for my liking even if i must confess that i'm not satisfied at all with the game on PS3.

No I haven't altered anything on the PS2 version.

Even though I have fiddled around with stats on PS3 version but its still unplayable for me.

Seriously, i was just being sarcastic to the other guy bcos thats two complaints he's made about the WE on this thread. So i just suggested the Fifa idea to him. I'm not starting a Fifa vs WE debate here.

In fact i play WE09 and i have been enjoying since the day i bought it hence the reason im on here. Its just very tiring to hear ppl complaining about WE all the time. Like you said WE has its faults just like every other game so maybe it time for these people to shutup and just put up with it.
other games fix their bugs, WE doesn't.

even after 2.2 patch, the language bug hasn't been fixed (can't change to jon kabira permanently)

i did complaint about WE but why did you complaint about me? now i'm complaining about your logic man...

Back
Top Bottom