Windows 7

They will because I just logged in and checked my account and it says pre ordered for £49.99 :)).

Is it worth getting Windows 7 if I have Vista on my laptop? I'm afraid Microsoft will stop releasing updates for it in the future, so I figured 49 euros is not a bad price. What do you think?

I think, yes. Windows 7 is 100000% better than Vista! You might be able to upgrade for free I think if Vista is OEM?

You mean upgrade Vista to 7 for free? I think only new PCs and laptops with Vista will get a free upgrade.

Bought it in January. I think you get the free upgrade if you bought a PC or laptop after July 1st.

I'll have to think about it fast before there are no more 7 available. :)

Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I ordered from Best Buy here in the states. Told my whole family about what I was doing. So my dad ordered the maximum of 3 and I think my brother ordered a couple as well. We are gonna corner the market. hehe

Is there any kind of patch or crack so that you can turn auto arrange off in folder?

Its doing my nut in

Doesn't look like it but here's an exciting thread coming to the same conclusion. http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/2235-auto-arrange.html

If they don't sort it out for the final release i am going back to XP

Why would auto arrange do your nut in?

Because i move files/folders into groups so i know where everything is and with auto arrange and snap to grid on automatically its impossible to do this so my files are all over the shop

Just had a popup saying I need to activate Windows. Which is odd as this has been installed since 7000 came out (months ago?), so not sure why I had to activate it again?

Anyone else had this?

Sorry to barge in fellas - I have a rc to install of this - is it better to clean install or just over c drive? Thanks.

Just had a popup saying I need to activate Windows. Which is odd as this has been installed since 7000 came out (months ago?), so not sure why I had to activate it again?

Anyone else had this?

Did you change any hardware? I had to reactivate simply because I put in a new hard drive.

Nope, installed onto my laptop and nothing's changed.

Back
Top Bottom