Windows 7

Can someone find out where the executable files is for windows media centre?

For some reason its gone from my program files with alot of other default stuff and the shitty search feature is absolutely useless and cant find anything

oh and could some post a pic of there start menu program files tab at the top so i can see what else has gone missing, ta

Having some fun eh? :)

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /prefetch:1

Why you'd want to use that POS I don't know ;)

And:

8kp6p97h3rq4d1xrai6.jpg

Cheers matey :TU:

Windows 7 is doing my head in a bit tbh, going from XP to this was quite a big jump and its taking a bit of getting used to

Edit: i just noticed you gave me Windows media players location and not windows media centre, could you find that for me please ;)

Aha sorry.

%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe

"%ProgramFiles%\DVD Maker\DVDMaker.exe"

I've had virtually nil problems with Windows7 TBH, only problem was with Catalyst 9.6 which basically killed it with BSOD but I'd blame ATI's drivers before I blamed Win7.

Thanks

I cant install the Catalyst Control Centre at all, i need that for when i put the PC through the PJ as well

On my last XP install I had the same problem, got some dumb error message every time I booted that googling found zero fix for, pretty much why I moved to Win7 to begin with.

i just noticed i am still on beta 7068 :-o :D

updating to rc1 at the moment and from there i think to one of the trial oem's that are out atm.

definately going to order if i can find a bargain somewhere, best windows in years :)

I have a question for you guys, if I buy Windows 7 will my current programs and files still work or will it be like having a new laptop?

I don't think upgrades are possible with W7 so you'd have to install it fresh?

Probably better installing fresh anyway to be honest.

I have a question for you guys, if I buy Windows 7 will my current programs and files still work or will it be like having a new laptop?

Your files will work if you copy over the appropriate folders from your old OS install, for example if you install Firefox, then copy over C:\Users\PRS\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox when you start Firefox it should continue as if you just left it on your old OS (fingers crossed) ;)

Thanks, I've pre ordered it at Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom