Windows 7

Just read that the final RTM build for Windows 7 will be June 19th so I think I'll wait for that one instead.
yea the same day arma 2 comes out. in for a treat i guess.

on a side note my LAN conection cant connect to the internet anymore under win 7 :(

Don't forget when this becomes a retail product there'll be no room for :PIRATE: downloading talk.

I could do with the RTM coming out today, my laptop isn't getting on with the drivers in the 7100 build and I'm getting a fair number of BSOD's.

Pre order for Retail version going up from 15th July £50 nice price even if it is special offer.

http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/buy/offers/pre-order.aspx

You need legit version of XP or Vista though im guessing will ask for key when you do clean install.

Also it does not come with Browser (Due to EU laws) so your need to put something on disk/flash drive to get up and running.

Last edited:
Don't forget when this becomes a retail product there'll be no room for :PIRATE: downloading talk.

The RTM version being the one that will end up as the retail release is what I meant by my earlier message. Sorry but it's the same as any other software. Unless it's a proper Microsoft time-limited release or similar. Be good. :)

Spurious comment there! I'm sure nobody here would even consider doing anything remotely illegal, how can we know to be on the look out for bad people doing bad things so we can report them if we don't know at what date the RTM is out so we can start actively pursuing these bad people? ;)

oh, oh, oh, oh!!!

windows 7 build 7264 'RETAIL ULTIMATE' just leaked onto usenet, both 32 and 64 bit versions!!!

is it allowed to post that info???

Update: This build has confirmed to be legitimate. RC Keys do not work with this build. Head to our forums for discussion.

yeah, but you can still install it, and you get full access for 30 days before you need to activate it...

consider it a fully working 30-day trial...

Spurious comment there! I'm sure nobody here would even consider doing anything remotely illegal, how can we know to be on the look out for bad people doing bad things so we can report them if we don't know at what date the RTM is out so we can start actively pursuing these bad people? ;)

Good comeback. :)

oh, oh, oh, oh!!!

windows 7 build 7264 'RETAIL ULTIMATE' just leaked onto usenet, both 32 and 64 bit versions!!!

is it allowed to post that info???
No, that's exactly my point. People have been banned in the past for announcing a game has been "released". Just warning ahead instead of banning after the event...

7264 isn't the actual RTM it seems, it's just the first that doesn't work with beta/RC keys. Actual RTM is slated for July 13th.

Won't be out until October 22nd.

You can get 50% off by pre-ordering, so home edition for £50 and Professional for £100

I'm thinking of pre-ordering but for some reason it's only available in UK/US/Canada and Japan.

Guess I need to figure out whether I should go with Home or Professional. Anyone know a link which explains the difference between the two?

Yeah I'd like to know that too. Cheers for the info mate :TU:. Think I'll probably get Home though - as my Mum is paying!

So I I preordered it I would just keep using the Beta until October?

Back
Top Bottom