Why are PES 5 & 6 so highly regarded?

Reason why those older games on PS2 were superb is because the developers knew the game of football, and what a player should feel during the gameplay. As the old developers retired from their projects, new blood came in and have no clue how to proplerly create a soccer game. I think Seabass and Dino Dini mentioned this once. Reason why PES/Kick Off had that great feeling is because arcade was mixed with simulation where today they try so hard to implement full simulation, which takes away the fun from the gameplay.

nope, they try to make it as easy as possible for the online crowd, not one inch of simulation these days

Agree.... todays there are only good and more animations,but with a totally unrealistic implemention in gameplay (Eg skating/glide on fifa/FC).

Old pes with less features, were more accurate football's depictions than nowdays games. Has more animations,360 dribbling,power bar even on passes.... doesn't make the game more realistic. It makes it more advanced,but if fundmentals are gone forever you can put in the game all the good animations you like and the game will keep suck.

New FIFA/FC catch just few thing about a real football match, the highlist you can see on reels and stuff.. basically fifa is a reel simulator now.

Speaking about the overrated pes2020/21 it just catch inertia,and weight feeling,but in a really exaggerrated way. There is no midfield, shooting sucks, body collisions suck, fouls count sucks, dribbling sucks,A.i sucks, players individuality sucks...i can't really find something that game handles good. It's bad as a sim and bad as a Arcade. Efootball is worse.

Old pes do less, but they do great what they are doing. They try to simulate less things,but these things are on point.
Due hardware limitations they have an arcade feeling,but in a good way.
8 directions, auto passes are simplified features in comparision of modern games,and make the game feel more arcade,but actually what happens on the pitch is way more realistic than all modern games and even than mostly good fifas (from 09 to 19) too..

Last edited:
Agree.... todays there are only good and more animations,but with a totally unrealistic implemention in gameplay (Eg skating/glide on fifa/FC).

Old pes with less features, were more accurate football's depictions than nowdays games. Has more animations,360 dribbling,power bar even on passes.... doesn't make the game more realistic. It makes it more advanced,but if fundmentals are gone forever you can put in the game all the good animations you like and the game will keep suck.

New FIFA/FC catch just few thing about a real football match, the highlis you can see on reels and stuff.. basically fifa is a reel simulator now.

Speaking about the overrated pes2020/21 it just catch inertia,and weight feeling,but in a really exaggerrated way. There is no midfield, shooting sucks, body collisions suck, fouls count sucks, dribbling sucks,A.i sucks, players individuality sucks...i can't really find something that game handles good. It's bad as a sim and bad as a Arcade. Efootball is worse.

Old pes do less, but they do great what they are doing. They try to simulate less things,but these things are on point.
Due hardware limitations they have an arcade feeling,but in a good way.
8 directions, auto passes are simplified features in comparision of modern gamers,and make the game feel more arcade,but actually what happens on the pitch is way more realistic than all modern games and even than mostly good fifas (from 09 to 19) too..
Very true my friend, limitations but realistically implemented

Back
Top Bottom